iPad to PC monitor - lightning to VGA iOS 11

Has anyone tried to connect their iPad to an external monitor?
I have iPad Pro 9.7", and a couple of monitors hooked on my PC, and would like to use a big screen here and there.
I heard some of these - even official - converters from Apple do not work properly. Can anyone share any intel on this particular thing?
Much appreciated.

Comments

• A bit off topic, but I've definitely used the apple hdmi adapter with success - a little weird just because of the 4:3ish aspect ratio. I guess yours must be some older vga onlys? Might have to do with how well they handle odd resolutions.

• @wigglelights said:
    A bit off topic, but I've definitely used the apple hdmi adapter with success - a little weird just because of the 4:3ish aspect ratio. I guess yours must be some older vga onlys? Might have to do with how well they handle odd resolutions.

Hi,

No, you're actually not off-topic, just checked and I have hdmi input on my bigger Ilyama Prolite E2409HDS. Cool.
    Which adapter do you use, Apple official one, right? So, it works with the latest iOS no probs? Cheers

• Yeah I recently got an hdmi adapter to use with outputting video to use with monitors and projectors, works great :) I went with the official one though. iOS 11 works fine for me.

• Definitely the official apple one! Haven't run into ny problems.....

• Thanks guys. I'll buy the same one, now ;)

• the Apple HDMI adapter output is 4:3 aspect ratio when you are in the home screen and when you are using apps. But when you play back a 16:9 video, the adapter will output in 16:9 aspect ratio. It does not seem to work with all video player apps.

• Also consider the combo appletv + hdmi2vga adapter (kanex brand but check carefully which one with what generation appletv since Apple fucked them after 3gen) + hotspot wifi adapter to keep yourself wireless... also audio (stereo) is sent so maybe helpful or maybe total waste of time (my comment) :bawling: