Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SNEAK PEAK: Most Powerful AU Synth Ever?

Comments

• @RUST( i )K said:

Hey where did that oscillator come from...... ;)

Yeah, I'd be super happy if this turns out to be a 'iMicroBrute' with some nice extras which is already has in the effects department :)

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    It's threads like these that make me realize I must be a fake synth fan. These videos sound unremittingly awful to me! (That's not totally true; sometimes they sound just pedestrian.)

I have enough life experience and a big-enough record collection to know that I'm wrong. I must be. (For the record, I could listen to those early Model 15 Soundcloud demos all day....)

But I'm happy you all are happy!

I’m not hearing the love either lol. Then again, I’m beginning to love the sound of weird digital type synths stuff and wind instruments more. Maybe I’m just going through a bored with analog subtractive type sounds for a while.

No doubt I will buy it anyway lol

Right.

I just gave up saying I am not in need or impressed.

11 granular synths later.

How many do I use in any songs?

1 in 2 years....

But if that day comes I need one, well I have a page worth or $150 Granular synth apps! LOL

Well it gets harder to be impressed by certain sounds as we collect so many. I love sitting down and playing a great thick synth chord. When I’m making my part tracks (and then getting bored, I’m grabbing the more percussive sounds these days). Probably just different styles of music I’m trying these days.

Always used to hate lots of digital blips, bleeps, bloops, noise, hits etc, but now making tracks almost swamped by them. Well they do say a change is as good as a rest.

• Definitely need to hear more for me - want to hear some smoother creamy type stuff or gentle swelling pads to judge if it would be useful to me.

• @Lurcher I'll make a Pre Release for this tomorrow, it’s incredible with the Seaboard because it’s also set up MPE, which is just truly epic, this has no release date yet though and still has a few changes to be made

• tjatja
    edited March 2018

Is this an iOS App?

Could we PLEASE establish the habit to provide a link to the App Store for Apps?

It is NOT ok to let numerous people search around in the App Store.

PLEASE always post a link!

Thank you very much

Edit: I tried to find it, but it does not seem to be an iOS App.

• @tja said:

The words “sneak peek” suggested to me it’s not available yet...

• O.k. the sounds in the video are really not nice. More harsh and it hurts a bit.
    One interesting thing i see is poly drive. Otherwise there must be something wrong with the demo here. I didn´t hear any quality sound yet. Sorry....

• edited March 2018

I wonder when developers try to make better FX instead of the next same synth.......yeah sorry....had a very bad day, week, month. :#

• @tja It’s not released yet, and probably won’t be for a while but yes it is an iOS App

• @Cib Maybe you will like the sounds I demo tomorrow using the Seaboard to control it, it really is something special

• edited March 2018

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @Cib Maybe you will like the sounds I demo tomorrow using the Seaboard to control it, it really is something special

Looking forward to your demo, and really looking forward to this release; it looks right up my street.

PS Hope you’re keeping warm, @thesoundtestroom :)

• @Beathoven Yes we are keeping warm but there is a lot of snow

• You don’t get much of that in Cornwall!

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    we are keeping warm but tthere is a lot of snow

I’ve yet to redeem my 3 nights stay at the @thesoundtestroom’s Cornwall’s Cornucopia B and B for the Corpulently Curious Ragamuffins of the Netherworld.

Doug, did I get the name right?

• @Beathoven Yes, it’s very very rare we even see snow, this is extreme indeed, Watson thinks it’s great though :D

• edited March 2018

@johnfromberkeley Ha, do you mean the Cornubia

• So it has MPE on board?

• @brambos said:

@tja said:

The words “sneak peek” suggested to me it’s not available yet...

Voyeurs who don't care what it says.

I actually got attacked once for posting "free" preset bank and then asking for an donations to be made to The Sound Test Room if a person felt the need that somehow I "lied" and it wasn't "free".

Bram,

what is next from you?

After the delay?

• @Cib said:
    So it has MPE on board?

YUP!

• Microtuning too?

• @Lurcher said:
    Definitely need to hear more for me - want to hear some smoother creamy type stuff or gentle swelling pads to judge if it would be useful to me.

Will do for you

The second video has a little more that style

• I want to like this dev’s apps more, there’s obviously a lot of care put into them, they’re quality, and they look great, but I just never use them. There are superior competitors for each in my book.

• Here are some examples of the gentler side of this synth.

• @Lurcher said:
    Definitely need to hear more for me - want to hear some smoother creamy type stuff or gentle swelling pads to judge if it would be useful to me.

There you go

@Cib Maybe you will like the sounds I demo tomorrow using the Seaboard to control it, it really is something special

It is incredible

I don't think people understand

THIS IS NOT JUST ANOTHER SYNTH APP.

It is up there for me with Animoog NLOG DRI Zeta

• For those who find the demo "too much"

Understand this is intentional for a specific person and observer.

I consider synths like cars.

The most powerful cars are loud.

But, they don't just get loud, they stay in tact perform and provide extraordinary handling at all speeds.

But "cranking" it up at high speeds pedal too the floor and it still stays steady.....well the approach on this. My approach. Many synths can do a nice chord or pad there, but can they really growl......well

VOLT be a shocka!

I provided some milder sounds via a Sound Cloud link above.

Hopefully you can get a better appreciation of the synth that way.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

It is incredible

I don't think people understand

THIS IS NOT JUST ANOTHER SYNTH APP.

It is up there for me with Animoog NLOG DRI Zeta

Time will tell as always.

A 'polyphonic crossbreed' between the Monologue and Microbrute would be right up my alley :)
    (Step Sequencer/Motion-Sequencer, Arpeggiator, Mod-Matrix etc.).

I would use Zeeon a lot more but it's UI is too 'tiny' for my degrading eyes...

• @RUST( i )K said:
    For those who find the demo "too much"

Understand this is intentional for a specific person and observer.

I consider synths like cars.

The most powerful cars are loud.

But, they don't just get loud, they stay in tact perform and provide extraordinary handling at all speeds.

But "cranking" it up at high speeds pedal too the floor and it still stays steady.....well the approach on this. My approach. Many synths can do a nice chord or pad there, but can they really growl......well

VOLT be a shocka!

I provided some milder sounds via a Sound Cloud link above.

Hopefully you can get a better appreciation of the synth that way.

It’s AU, so I will be getting it anyway. I always have to test apps myself, as it’s not just the sound that makes me like particular synths. You never know until you try yourself.

I’ve also found that synths I don’t particularly like to start with, one day become my go to synth for a while. Disliked Kasper to start with and now love making sounds on it.

• Why does this synth sound so different from others on ios? What is it doing differently?

@Beathoven Yes, it’s very very rare we even see snow, this is extreme indeed, Watson thinks it’s great though :D

What a happy dog!
    Of course, as an American Northerner, I hate to break it to you, but if you can still see green on the ground, it wasn't a snowstorm. ;)