Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tardigrain Auv3 granular Synth

Comments

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:
    Played with this for about an hour (time got a bit distorted) and only lost about 10% battery on an X. Some lovely sounds erupting but no idea where some of those sounds came from. Bit of of a pain to use some of the buttons on the X due to the notch and had to flip the phone 180 degrees depending on which side buttons I wanted to use.

Yeah I noticed it was very light on battery use.

It was coming out with sounds that I've never heard on a iPad before last night - much strangeness, but then moments of beauty.

The button things are a pain, but this will definitely get some use from me, as it's capable of some pretty unique noises.

Yep, things a beauty but some of the time I wish to have some illusion of control over the uncontrollable madness. Seems to play a continuous low note at times when I'm not doing anything and I wish it wouldn't.

Overall though, pretty happy to have this. Money well spent. Did you get either of the mastering tools, Maxima or Grand Finale?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Jocphone said:
    Played with this for about an hour (time got a bit distorted)

>

Great, we get that now. I thought it would be an IAP. ;)

• @Zen210507 said:

@Jocphone said:
    Played with this for about an hour (time got a bit distorted)

>

Great, we get that now. I thought it would be an IAP. ;)

It's a common feature of many great music apps :lol:

• Loving this. Awesome work Erik!
    Here's a take of AUM with three instances of Tardigrain, with Phosphor thru EOS for the lead and Klvg. Grand Finale

• So happy to see erik sigth back

• @Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:
    Played with this for about an hour (time got a bit distorted) and only lost about 10% battery on an X. Some lovely sounds erupting but no idea where some of those sounds came from. Bit of of a pain to use some of the buttons on the X due to the notch and had to flip the phone 180 degrees depending on which side buttons I wanted to use.

It was coming out with sounds that I've never heard on a iPad before last night - much strangeness, but then moments of beauty.

The button things are a pain, but this will definitely get some use from me, as it's capable of some pretty unique noises.

Yep, things a beauty but some of the time I wish to have some illusion of control over the uncontrollable madness. Seems to play a continuous low note at times when I'm not doing anything and I wish it wouldn't.

Overall though, pretty happy to have this. Money well spent. Did you get either of the mastering tools, Maxima or Grand Finale?

Nah, I don't bother with mastering, as you can probably tell.

Haven't heard the low note you mention, but I'll listen out next time. Agree it's all a bit uncontrollable though - I was quite surprised and a bit put off at first, as I thought it'd be capable of more 'straight' sample playing, but I like the weird stuff it does, and hopefully I'll get the hang of it eventually.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

Can I take this as a recommendation then @MonzoPro, being aware that it may have issues in BM3, is it worth using standalone for samples to import in ?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

Can I take this as a recommendation then @MonzoPro, being aware that it may have issues in BM3, is it worth using standalone for samples to import in ?

Ah, that's a tricky one. If you're after a nice, clean, easy to use sampler then I'd say maybe not. The controls are buggy, and some of them have me competely stumped. But, it's capable of very beautiful stuff (particularly using the chord buttons on the left), and very, very weird mangling.

For me it's a great addition to the toolbox. But I'm a freak. I like noises. Proper musicians might get frustrated...but then again it's only a fiver, and you could probably get your moneys worth with an hour's mucking about and chuckling.

• Im so tempted, but know there’s so many apps coming soon. I’m only worried however great that I will dabble and then just not use it much like many of the great Apesoft etc apps I have. Maybe I’m better getting that penny whistle thing lol.....o so much choice!

• @MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

Ah, that's a tricky one. If you're after a nice, clean, easy to use sampler then I'd say maybe not. The controls are buggy, and some of them have me competely stumped. But, it's capable of very beautiful stuff (particularly using the chord buttons on the left), and very, very weird mangling.

For me it's a great addition to the toolbox. But I'm a freak. I like noises. Proper musicians might get frustrated...but then again it's only a fiver, and you could probably get your moneys worth with an hour's mucking about and chuckling.

Yeah I know your right. I just have a feeling there is some big money spend apps coming up lol (well big for us modest income blokes). Thanks for your thoughts though.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

I've been running whole tracks through Izotope's Trash 2 on the desktop lately, so I get what you mean about mastering but it's fun just to see these tools as another way of mangling the output. Most tools can be perverted into something more interesting.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

Yeah I know your right. I just have a feeling there is some big money spend apps coming up lol (well big for us modest income blokes). Thanks for your thoughts though.

Is there? What's coming up?

My main money worry at the moment (aside needing a new roof and not having an income) is my Air2, it's getting ridiculously hot and doing lots of weird stuff...I fear it's not much longer for this world.

@Dawdles said:

Getting samples in to the au is undeniable hassle. First you gotta audio copy them in to standalone. Then you gotta copy them in to an au instance. But....if spend a couple hours importing like 50 samples, that should lead to endless material for designing patches and saving as new patches. And obviously a single sample can have various sections and sounds inside it, could have a whole orchestral song for example, which you can pick and choose different sections of and set loop point for totally different instruments. Shame this import aspect isn’t very fluid but that’s just iOS in general I suppose....

That annoys me too, since it's best use is as an AU. Hopefully they can fix this and the other niggles, but even if they don't, for a fiver I'm happy with it.

• @Dawdles said:
    .> @Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

Getting samples in to the au is undeniable hassle. First you gotta audio copy them in to standalone. Then you gotta copy them in to an au instance. But....if spend a couple hours importing like 50 samples, that should lead to endless material for designing patches and saving as new patches. And obviously a single sample can have various sections and sounds inside it, could have a whole orchestral song for example, which you can pick and choose different sections of and set loop point for totally different instruments. Shame this import aspect isn’t very fluid but that’s just iOS in general I suppose....

Does it come loaded with much variety as standard?

• @Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

I've been running whole tracks through Izotope's Trash 2 on the desktop lately, so I get what you mean about mastering but it's fun just to see these tools as another way of mangling the output. Most tools can be perverted into something more interesting.

I guess with my stuff, mastering might be akin to polishing a turd, so I tend to just dump it directly into the Soundclouds. I see what you mean with the sound shaping, but I try and avoid fiddling with tracks too much as the pleasure for me is making the noises. At some point though I'm going to create soundscapes to go along with my artwork, and those will have my name on them so at that point I'll have to pay a bit more attention to mastering and quality control. Probably.

• I gave in. First patch mess about - instant Japan Ghosts lol

• Sampled some into BM3 and added Discord4 for some weird haunting stuff

• Now got Rozeta Particles playing it randomly in the background while having a vape lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Now got Rozeta Particles playing it randomly in the background while having a vape lol

It's great for that, I put it through Discord4 as well, which is becoming a bit of a favourite.

• Bought early this evening. Fun app, but I feel like I am just wandering around in the dark. Help button says to go to humbletune to get more info, but I can’t find any mention of the app on that website. Any place where I can find a manual so I can figure out what I am doing?

• @Dawdles said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Is there? What's coming up?

My main money worry at the moment (aside needing a new roof and not having an income) is my Air2, it's getting ridiculously hot and doing lots of weird stuff...I fear it's not much longer for this world.

@Dawdles said:

That annoys me too, since it's best use is as an AU. Hopefully they can fix this and the other niggles, but even if they don't, for a fiver I'm happy with it.

Yup, for a fiver for something like this it’s hard to complain. Recommended for sure.

A fiver? It's a whole sevener in my country of Canada!

• @gusgranite said:
    Update out

Is there a way to get the standalone user presets to the AU? Just updated, but I don't see the option.

• This is very good. A good week after a silent 2018 so far with this, Grand Finale, and Discord 4. Finally my Christmas credit is gone. Now where’s that brambos delay?

This thing sounds massive. Steal for $5, as are all of his apps.

• @ALB said:

@gusgranite said:
    Update out

Is there a way to get the standalone user presets to the AU? Just updated, but I don't see the option.

I can’t see how, either.