Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tardigrain Auv3 granular Synth

Comments

• for anyone whose had time to play with it, what are the main features that set it aside from Samplr?

• @gkillmaster said:
    for anyone whose had time to play with it, what are the main features that set it aside from Samplr?

AU is the main advantage for me, and it’s capable of whackier mangling. Being able to assign actions (e.g. reverb intensity) to the keys is cool too.

• It mixes well with some drums and Una Corda in logic.

• @MonzoPro said:

@gkillmaster said:
    for anyone whose had time to play with it, what are the main features that set it aside from Samplr?

AU is the main advantage for me, and it’s capable of whackier mangling. Being able to assign actions (e.g. reverb intensity) to the keys is cool too.

thanks. can't get too whacky for me so that's good to hear!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have no idea what I am doing with this thing but I am making some wicked awesome sounds.

• Got it
    Love it
    Need to learn :)

• He ventured to guess that things would change as soon as everyone realized the severity of the problem. Without provocation, the thoughts of those around him began to shift into something he had not predicted. With a slow and measured hand he reached in as someone experiencing his creation for the very first time…

• @MonzoPro said:

@gkillmaster said:

How how?? I had 5 min. with the app but could not figure how to assign actions to keys x-y.

• @Philippe said:

@MonzoPro said:

@gkillmaster said:

How how?? I had 5 min. with the app but could not figure how to assign actions to keys x-y.

It’s on the little slide-out panel (see gm’s vid)

• @echoopera said:
    He ventured to guess that things would change as soon as everyone realized the severity of the problem. Without provocation, the thoughts of those around him began to shift into something he had not predicted. With a slow and measured hand he reached in as someone experiencing his creation for the very first time…

Very nice indeed!
    All done with this App?

• @tja said:

@echoopera said:
    He ventured to guess that things would change as soon as everyone realized the severity of the problem. Without provocation, the thoughts of those around him began to shift into something he had not predicted. With a slow and measured hand he reached in as someone experiencing his creation for the very first time…

Very nice indeed!
    All done with this App?

Thanks. 3 Instances of it for all the grainy, creaky bits, with Zeeon for some of the higher note pads and RuisMaker FM for the drums...and a lot of AudioDamage goodness for the depth....

• Anyone got an ear for defect reports?

• @echoopera said:

That is some tasty jam, bro. B)

• @CracklePot said:

@echoopera said:

That is some tasty jam, bro. B)

Thank you sir...but all the credit goes to this tasty app for opening up new doors for us :)

• edited February 2018

It’s a fascinating app. I’ve gone from uncontrollable industrial scratch (I’ll apply ointment later), to dark ambient drone, and finished up with lovely angelic chords tonight. Certain things don’t make sense until I see a tutorial, and the slide-in pad takes about 50 prods to respond, but a happy time overall.

This reminds me of the fun, Friday night five pound punts I used to buy a couple of years ago.

Worth a fiver of anyone’s money, and very reminiscent of some of the Reaktor manglers I’ve been mangling with recently.

• Hmmmm, so in BM3 as an AU I cannot see the user sets that I saved nor do i seem able to load anything or use the paste...

How u folks using it in BM3?

• @AudioGus said:
    Hmmmm, so in BM3 as an AU I cannot see the user sets that I saved nor do i seem able to load anything or use the paste...

Definitely not the same experience as standalone.

• @echoopera said:

Sounding good

• RJBRJB
    edited March 2018

I’m not having any success driving it in AUM with Xequence’s Midi, anyone tried this?

• @anickt said:

@AudioGus said:
    Hmmmm, so in BM3 as an AU I cannot see the user sets that I saved nor do i seem able to load anything or use the paste...

Yah standalone was awesome. Made a bunch of patches I look forward to recording. I can just host it as IAA in BM3 for now. It actualy does feel like the sort of thing that is just best recorded a track at a time for me anyway.

• Ran it through Discord4 inside AUM sounds massive!

• @echoopera said:

That was awesome. Thank you. One of my favorite iOS tracks in a long while for sure.

• DCJDCJ
    edited March 2018

I accidentally recorded train noise and tardigrain made it sound like angels inside a gramophone played through a never ending tunnel.

Five stars.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Looks pretty easy to grab files from Audioshare via Audiocopy, as seen here:

>

Yep. Worked for me. Really enjoying playing around with this app. Also the other newbie sample based app, Samplist. Both are looking good!

• @AudioGus said:

@anickt said:

@AudioGus said:

Yah standalone was awesome. Made a bunch of patches I look forward to recording. I can just host it as IAA in BM3 for now. It actualy does feel like the sort of thing that is just best recorded a track at a time for me anyway.

Is it usable as an AU in BM3 if you set it up stand alone, or is it not of much use that way?

• edited March 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AudioGus said:

@anickt said:

@AudioGus said:

Is it usable as an AU in BM3 if you set it up stand alone, or is it not of much use that way?

Yep. Just add the AU to individual Banks and you’re good to go...although the AU doesn’t seem to see your saved patches yet.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Played with this for about an hour (time got a bit distorted) and only lost about 10% battery on an X. Some lovely sounds erupting but no idea where some of those sounds came from. Bit of of a pain to use some of the buttons on the X due to the notch and had to flip the phone 180 degrees depending on which side buttons I wanted to use.

• @Jocphone said:
    Played with this for about an hour (time got a bit distorted) and only lost about 10% battery on an X. Some lovely sounds erupting but no idea where some of those sounds came from. Bit of of a pain to use some of the buttons on the X due to the notch and had to flip the phone 180 degrees depending on which side buttons I wanted to use.

Yeah I noticed it was very light on battery use.

It was coming out with sounds that I've never heard on a iPad before last night - much strangeness, but then moments of beauty.

The button things are a pain, but this will definitely get some use from me, as it's capable of some pretty unique noises.