Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FAC Maxima 1.2 AuV3 Universal released!

2»

Comments

• @FredAntonCorvest said:

@Denzkps said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@Denzkps said:
    Thank you to FredAntonCorvest
    and Sorry
    But now the wave form viewer not so iformative
    its like a toy or another korvpressor
    Can you go back to the previous version.
    But sound great!

What do you mean by not so informative ? So you miss information you had in the previous view - but I have not removed anything... I ve added things. Please be more precise :)

now everything is smooth and beautiful
    transients are smoothed and there is no sharpness, clarity
    Before you can clearly see how the compressor works, especially on the drums, now everything has turned into sausage and brick.
    Sounds still excellent! but I was very upset by the new waveform analyzer.

Now we are in phase an I get your point, indeed there is some smoothing and the scale has changed. I may consider having an option giving the magnitude scaling but I have to be sure that most users have the same feelings that yours. If it's a general complain so I'll add the option + the threshold line suggested on another forum ;) But I have to be sure :) Pool?

... Or Poll? ;)

• @brambos said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    @brambos @WillieNegus

We don't share the same position regarding the view configuration management available in iOS 11 and documented in the AuV3 sample provided by Apple.

I found personally that it's a great solution! The fact that we get the size and be notified when the view changes is just perfect. I do not use scaling and so..., I only switch the views when its needed.

To be more technical: I have two views in my Xib files and switch regarding a particular context. The advantage of having different views is that you can provide different widgets configuration (without layout headache) regarding a given size. On top of this I perform the binding programmatically. For info my controller is written in Swift (I enjoy the language too and I'm also a big fan of c++).

Opposite to your position about host, I always take GarageBand as first ref for AuV3 host in addition to the official sample (It's not a perfect tools, don't misunderstand me, lot of bugs, bla bla).

I think that existing AuV3 hosts should provide support of the view configuration management, because it's handy and very easy to implement. I can't not say more but I've already suggest this modification to some companies.

How is the GB negotiation dance better than the AUM/BM3 solution, where the host simply gives you space to work with and leaves it up to the plugin to make the most of it (you automatically get resize notifications either way in the viewWillLayoutSubviews event)? I don't see any benefits whatsoever from the plugin's perspective, but it's great if it works for you.

... one more think I also like, is the fact that the user can use the toggle view button (see? right one in GB) - I've implemented the same behavior in the host application of my FAC plugs series. So yes everything is fine if everyone found what is working the best for its own needs ;)

• @gdog said:
    Hi Fred,
    Thanks and congratulations on your new app! Just bought, looking forward to play on my iPad+iPhone :) Looking forward to your future apps too! All the best :smiley:

Thx for your kinds words! Same for @all! Really appreciate your supports! I need it because ... hummm yes I'm coding right now... :)

• @supadom said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@Denzkps said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@Denzkps said:
    and Sorry
    But sound great!

What do you mean by not so informative ? So you miss information you had in the previous view - but I have not removed anything... I ve added things. Please be more precise :)

Before you can clearly see how the compressor works, especially on the drums, now everything has turned into sausage and brick.

Now we are in phase an I get your point, indeed there is some smoothing and the scale has changed. I may consider having an option giving the magnitude scaling but I have to be sure that most users have the same feelings that yours. If it's a general complain so I'll add the option + the threshold line suggested on another forum ;) But I have to be sure :) Pool?

... Or Poll? ;)

I've laugh so hard while reading this!!!! :D :D

@supadom said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@Denzkps said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@Denzkps said:
    and Sorry
    But sound great!

... Or Poll? ;)

I've laugh so hard while reading this!!!! :D :D

A warm pool would be great right now, actually! :)

Yes it's a great features you suggested but first I have to finish what I have in the pipe :)

>

No problem. :) If and when you have the time, I have no doubt that people here will be interested.

• @brambos said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    @brambos @WillieNegus

We don't share the same position regarding the view configuration management available in iOS 11 and documented in the AuV3 sample provided by Apple.

I found personally that it's a great solution! The fact that we get the size and be notified when the view changes is just perfect. I do not use scaling and so..., I only switch the views when its needed.

To be more technical: I have two views in my Xib files and switch regarding a particular context. The advantage of having different views is that you can provide different widgets configuration (without layout headache) regarding a given size. On top of this I perform the binding programmatically. For info my controller is written in Swift (I enjoy the language too and I'm also a big fan of c++).

Opposite to your position about host, I always take GarageBand as first ref for AuV3 host in addition to the official sample (It's not a perfect tools, don't misunderstand me, lot of bugs, bla bla).

I think that existing AuV3 hosts should provide support of the view configuration management, because it's handy and very easy to implement. I can't not say more but I've already suggest this modification to some companies.

How is the GB negotiation dance better than the AUM/BM3 solution, where the host simply gives you space to work with and leaves it up to the plugin to make the most of it (you automatically get resize notifications either way in the viewWillLayoutSubviews event)? I don't see any benefits whatsoever from the plugin's perspective, but it's great if it works for you.

A while ago had hit up KQ Dixie developer regarding the API and it seemed to me like he got it implemented within an hour or two. It might be less cumbersome to implement than initially meets the eye.

• @realdavidai said:

@brambos said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    @brambos @WillieNegus

A while ago had hit up KQ Dixie developer regarding the API and it seemed to me like he got it implemented within an hour or two. It might be less cumbersome to implement than initially meets the eye.

It's very easy and the sample provided by Apple covers the topic :)

@realdavidai said:

@brambos said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    @brambos @WillieNegus

Only issue is there are a lot of us that just don't use garage band due to it's limitations like lack of Ableton link :/ so can't use the higher res interface...

• So it doesn't resize in BM3 and AUM and unlikely to do so, thanks for the info.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@realdavidai said:

@brambos said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    @brambos @WillieNegus

Only issue is there are a lot of us that just don't use garage band due to it's limitations like lack of Ableton link :/ so can't use the higher res interface...

@Samplemunch said:
    So it doesn't resize in BM3 and AUM and unlikely to do so, thanks for the info.

Yes but ready :) I mean existing hosts should support view configuration management in the way is done in the API iOS 11. So yes let's say in AUM you still have the classic view with new scale, levels overlays... and not yet the larger one. As mentionned earlier providing a toggle button will be great too.

• edited March 2018

Yeah no worries, i have plenty of compressors for now, maybe you will support other hosts at some point.

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@realdavidai said:

@brambos said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    @brambos @WillieNegus

@Samplemunch said:

Yes but ready :) I mean existing hosts should support view configuration management in the way is done in the API iOS 11. So yes let's say in AUM you still have the classic view with new scale, levels overlays... and not yet the larger one. As mentionned earlier providing a toggle button will be great too.

Other Aux let us resize though. @brambos apps are excellent examples.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@realdavidai said:

@brambos said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    @brambos @WillieNegus

@Samplemunch said:

Other Aux let us resize though. @brambos apps are excellent examples.

I know, the point is using what is provided by the official API. Here in this case: the view configuration management. Hope to see more AuV3 host implementing the full API, and I don't think it will conflict with any existing solution. :)

• @tja said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@Denzkps said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@Denzkps said:
    and Sorry
    But sound great!

Yes please, yes please, yes please
    :)

Thank you Fred! It would be just fine.
    Sometimes it's very important to see how the compressor works.
    It would also be great if the oscilloscope will work in mono mode. This will increase the scale for the AU plug-in.

• edited March 2018

@Denzkps said:

@tja said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@Denzkps said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@Denzkps said:
    and Sorry
    But sound great!

Yes please, yes please, yes please
    :)

Thank you Fred! It would be just fine.
    Sometimes it's very important to see how the compressor works.
    It would also be great if the oscilloscope will work in mono mode. This will increase the scale for the AU plug-in.

all
    So reading your comments I felt your needs to push Maxima waveform viewer to the next level, and one of you also suggested to add a threshold line :) I need to be sure about what you need exactly. So I'll create a new post with a poll and you could bring your ideas there - we will define your needs together and then I'll plan the modifications and deliver an update! Thank you for your contribution :) here the post.

• edited March 2018

I just had the most awesome lunch hour! Was playing Drum Session in Auria Pro, it sounded nice but as soon as I added Maxima, the drums totally came alive!!! It was soooo awesome!

Guys if anyone is still on the fence of getting Maxima, well, missing out bigtime!

The other plugin that gave me that feel was microwarmer but it’s a bit hard to tame that littl beast, whereas Maxima is just plug and play man! Used the Drums Classic Preset and the drums track was totally alive!!!

If you can’t afford Pro-L, I totally believe Maxima is the next best thing for your mix to come to life! Best part was the cpu hit was hardly noticeable.

Thanks Fred for such an awesome app!

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I just had the most awesome lunch hour! Was playing Drum Session in Auria Pro, it sounded nice but as soon as I added Maxima, the drums totally came alive!!! It was soooo awesome!

Guys if anyone is still on the fence of getting Maxima, well, missing out bigtime!

The other plugin that gave me that feel was microwarmer but it’s a bit hard to tame that littl beast, whereas Maxima is just plug and play man! Used the Drums Classic Preset and the drums track was totally alive!!!

If you can’t afford Pro-L, I totally believe Maxima is the next best thing for your mix to come to life! Best part was the cpu hit was hardly noticeable.

Thanks Fred for such an awesome app!

You welcome! Very glad to read that you had fun and enjoyed FAC Maxima!