Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Nanokey Studio Custom Scene Setup

124»

Comments

  • edited March 2018

    @WillieNegus said:
    Thanks again and again @LucidMusicInc . Never did take the plunge with Midi Studio. Is the Pro version necessary for transport control or can i get away with the basic version?

    Not sure...

    Maybe Rozeta and AUM would be a better investment than Midi Studio. I do like the keyboard it ships with. Could live up to its potential more however.

  • Hi LucidMusicInc

    Have your considered making a version for Korg Module? (or maybe this works with that as well, I haven’t had time to download and try).

    I ask because I use Korg Module these days as a “sound module” for live playing, in fact, that’s why I bought the Korg NanoKey, to give some real-time control.

    From what I can tell on other Keyboard forums, a lot of other people are also using Module. For many, Module seems to be considered the “best” iOS app for live usage - at least for “meat and potato” classic key sounds (organ, piano, etc.). I think mainly because of its “set list” feature, which makes it very easy to set up and switch between a bunch of different sounds/patches. Plus it sounds good. That definitely helps.

  • @roygbiv said:
    Hi LucidMusicInc

    Have your considered making a version for Korg Module? (or maybe this works with that as well, I haven’t had time to download and try).

    I ask because I use Korg Module these days as a “sound module” for live playing, in fact, that’s why I bought the Korg NanoKey, to give some real-time control.

    From what I can tell on other Keyboard forums, a lot of other people are also using Module. For many, Module seems to be considered the “best” iOS app for live usage - at least for “meat and potato” classic key sounds (organ, piano, etc.). I think mainly because of its “set list” feature, which makes it very easy to set up and switch between a bunch of different sounds/patches. Plus it sounds good. That definitely helps.

    Module doesn't have midi learn so you can only use the keyboard. Using the module gadgets however can be midi mapped and I can recommend how to set it up with gadgets like Salzburg, Montreal and Glasgow.

  • @LucidMusicInc said:
    Can't edit my OP anymore so here's version 4. Maybe its because the features are so deep or maybe I'm just excusing myself for not being able to complete anything I've started but the video is sitting in limbo right now. Actually, performing with the controller takes some skill and I've been very comfortable programming everything. It's fun to let loose and jam but quite stressful trying to record a performance worth watching. I'll keep practicing.

    What's included in version 4: You'll see it in the control editor software.

    Scenes. The pads are divided across 4 columns. Meaning lower right is scene 1a, upper right is scene 1b, one over is 2a and above 2b. They are mapped to midi channels 1-4. The pads play from C2 up. Same with the knobs. Starting at CC 2-17 (pitch mod has CC1). Then the Kaos pads are mapped to 18-19, 20-21 respectively.

    A video is in production and I'll post it to this thread when it's ready. If you have any questions you know what to do :)

    Thanks for sharing this @LucidMusicInc
    Did you ever put out a video on this or the spreadsheet of a list of suggested mappings for each of the gadget?

  • @knobbage said:

    @LucidMusicInc said:
    Can't edit my OP anymore so here's version 4. Maybe its because the features are so deep or maybe I'm just excusing myself for not being able to complete anything I've started but the video is sitting in limbo right now. Actually, performing with the controller takes some skill and I've been very comfortable programming everything. It's fun to let loose and jam but quite stressful trying to record a performance worth watching. I'll keep practicing.

    What's included in version 4: You'll see it in the control editor software.

    Scenes. The pads are divided across 4 columns. Meaning lower right is scene 1a, upper right is scene 1b, one over is 2a and above 2b. They are mapped to midi channels 1-4. The pads play from C2 up. Same with the knobs. Starting at CC 2-17 (pitch mod has CC1). Then the Kaos pads are mapped to 18-19, 20-21 respectively.

    A video is in production and I'll post it to this thread when it's ready. If you have any questions you know what to do :)

    Thanks for sharing this @LucidMusicInc
    Did you ever put out a video on this or the spreadsheet of a list of suggested mappings for each of the gadget?

    Bump and it's only been seven minutes but I want to know too :)

  • @WillieNegus @knobbage @JohnnyGoodyear @Chaztrip

    I sort of had to drop all of this last year for the usual reasons but I think I could reboot this project with a series of videos showing different applications of the mapping. The easiest tone are the drum machines obviously. Complicated synths like Monopoly can cause all kinds of confusion which is why a set of video tutorials would be the way to proceed rather than a spreadsheet.

    Of course it can also work with other apps like NS2 so we could look at things like Slate, Obsidian and various aaU synths as well.

  • @LucidMusicInc said:
    @WillieNegus @knobbage @JohnnyGoodyear @Chaztrip

    I sort of had to drop all of this last year for the usual reasons but I think I could reboot this project with a series of videos showing different applications of the mapping. The easiest tone are the drum machines obviously. Complicated synths like Monopoly can cause all kinds of confusion which is why a set of video tutorials would be the way to proceed rather than a spreadsheet.

    Of course it can also work with other apps like NS2 so we could look at things like Slate, Obsidian and various aaU synths as well.

    Yes, yes....it was the NS2 angle that got my attention...

  • God, this forum is amazing!

  • I just took version 4 for a quick spin. I like that I can now access all 16 pads in gadgets like Recife and Bilbao by switching scenes.

    Up until now, I had only used Nanokey Studio for controlling Gadget with Korg's Native mode which I found to be workable but with lots of compromises from being stuck with Korg's mapping choices for the 8 knobs/8 pads per gadget. Also I didn't like that most of the knobs on gadgets like Bilbao and Recife were not mapped to anything, probably due to the way it's designed for the knobs in those gadgets to have different mappings for each pad, which is not very practical.

    I'm actually considering going with BM3 instead of Recife/Bilbao for when I need 16 pads drum machine/sampler action due to BM3's 'Focus Action' mapping that allows you to control different parameters for every pad with the same controller knobs.

    I may end up editing this into a much simpler version for my needs by just using something like two scenes on one MIDI channel for Gadget under Easy mode, as I'm fine with only controlling one active gadget at a time.

  • @LucidMusicInc said:
    @WillieNegus @knobbage @JohnnyGoodyear @Chaztrip

    I sort of had to drop all of this last year for the usual reasons but I think I could reboot this project with a series of videos showing different applications of the mapping. The easiest tone are the drum machines obviously. Complicated synths like Monopoly can cause all kinds of confusion which is why a set of video tutorials would be the way to proceed rather than a spreadsheet.

    Of course it can also work with other apps like NS2 so we could look at things like Slate, Obsidian and various aaU synths as well.

    The recent update to Gadget and addition of NS2 has inspired me to scour Youtube for updated NKS workflows and I remembered this thread. Any recent attention?

  • @WillieNegus

    Good things and bad things have been going on in my life and with IOS related issues too so I haven't really had the time to do any music work in a very long time. Sorry Willie :(

  • @LucidMusicInc said:
    @WillieNegus

    Good things and bad things have been going on in my life and with IOS related issues too so I haven't really had the time to do any music work in a very long time. Sorry Willie :(

    No worries. Hope you have more smiles than frowns and that you’re back to making smooth sounds again soon.🙏🏾

  • @WillieNegus said:

    @LucidMusicInc said:
    @WillieNegus

    Good things and bad things have been going on in my life and with IOS related issues too so I haven't really had the time to do any music work in a very long time. Sorry Willie :(

    No worries. Hope you have more smiles than frowns and that you’re back to making smooth sounds again soon.🙏🏾

    Thanks for your concern Willie, and same to you!

    The reason I'm off the radar so to speak is because I'm engaged in a new project under a new alias, ambient rock instead of dance. Once I get the complete EP done and uploaded, I promise to turn my attention back to music tutorials ;)

  • Nice track! Sounds a bit more than Gadget + NKS. What are you using these days? Back to desktop?

  • edited May 6

    @WillieNegus said:
    Nice track! Sounds a bit more than Gadget + NKS. What are you using these days? Back to desktop?

    It's a Gadget track B)

    Recently I've been using a Roland FP30. Strongly endorse it too!

  • Won’t bore you with questions rather wait till you’re done with the EP and look forward to the track breakdown/tutorials. Like how you’re bringing external sounds into Gadget, is everything 16 bar sequencing, etc...

    Again, good stuff 👌🏾

  • @WillieNegus said:
    Won’t bore you with questions rather wait till you’re done with the EP and look forward to the track breakdown/tutorials. Like how you’re bringing external sounds into Gadget, is everything 16 bar sequencing, etc...

    Again, good stuff 👌🏾

    8 bars :wink:

Sign In or Register to comment.