Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App buying annoyance

2»

Comments

• @MonzoPro said:
    Then why say it? I don’t get pop-ups when buying other products online, because it’s obvious that by clicking a ‘buy’ button the money will be taken from my account.

It's like your moral rights under British copyright law - they are only valid if you assert them explicitly in the work. I think I already said this.

• edited February 2018

@MarkH said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Then why say it? I don’t get pop-ups when buying other products online, because it’s obvious that by clicking a ‘buy’ button the money will be taken from my account.

It's like your moral rights under British copyright law - they are only valid if you assert them explicitly in the work. I think I already said this.

‘Moral rights’?

No, that’s wrong. You don’t have to state copyright ownership, it automatically belongs to the original artist/creator, unless they have specifically signed over all their rights to the original work. People do it, yeah, but you don’t have to. In the UK anyway.

The pop-up isn’t about that anyway.

• @MonzoPro said:
    No, that’s wrong. You don’t have to state copyright ownership, it automatically belongs to the original artist/creator

I'm not talking about copyright ownership, I said you need to assert your moral rights for them to apply. From memory, your moral rights are about attribution and integrity and they persist even if you sell the copyright to someone else (in fact that's their purpose).

@MonzoPro said:

I didn't say it was, I was drawing a parallel. Like your moral rights under British copyright law, the exclusion to the EU 'refund' rule has to be stated at the point of sale for it to apply.

• edited February 2018

@MonzoPro said:
    I've refunded maybe three apps, during a spend of between £500 - £1000 on the ruddy things. 'Excessive' my arse.

>

Exactly.

Okay, there will be people who take the piss, asking for refunds on everything they buy. But people like most of us here who buy a lot, over a year - and keep it - should not be subject to what amounts to bullying from Apple. Especially when what they are telling us is wrong and contravenes UK law.

That said, this is Apple, a 1.4 billion dollar corporation that is, to all intents and purposes, untouchable. No one at Apple gives a shit what any of us thinks.

• @MarkH said:

With so many people willing to cheat the system, I hardly think we can complain when we get a bit of push-back.
    >

That’s like saying we’re all guilty until proven innocent. Apple knows what they are saying is not legal, but continue to say it regardless. Pushing back against legitimate and regular customers is surely counterproductive.

• edited February 2018

@MarkH said:

@MonzoPro said:
    No, that’s wrong. You don’t have to state copyright ownership, it automatically belongs to the original artist/creator

I'm not talking about copyright ownership, I said you need to assert your moral rights for them to apply. From memory, your moral rights are about attribution and integrity and they persist even if you sell the copyright to someone else (in fact that's their purpose).

@MonzoPro said:

I didn't say it was, I was drawing a parallel. Like your moral rights under British copyright law, the exclusion to the EU 'refund' rule has to be stated at the point of sale for it to apply.

Right, now you’ve explained the link between the two, in bold text, I understand why you’re making this point.

Back to the pop-up: where a company states anything about its returns policy, they should ensure this does not mislead consumers about their legal rights (Consumer Rights Act 2015). So it’s good practice to state this - for example, 'this policy is offered in addition to your legal rights'. The pop-up text doesn’t do this. That’s my point.

• edited February 2018

Are they monitoring this channel!

For the first time in ages, I bought an app and did not get the annoying statement. So I bought another one, and same thing again!

Free (of bull) at last, or just a glitch in the Great Machine?

• @MonzoPro said:
    I’ve had that for ages. It’s bollocks anyway, UK law says we can get refunds for stuff that doesn’t work as advertised.

Same here in Norway. The consumer laws says you have at least 14 days to regret a buy.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Are they monitoring this channel!

For the first time in ages, I bought an app and did not get the annoying statement. So I bought another one, and same thing again!

Yep, me too - just bought Tardigrain and no pop-up.

• @supadom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

(...)
    I know it’s silly to get annoyed by such trivial things but hey it’s cold and I can’t go out fishing lol

Apparently you start getting this message if you've been blacklisted as someone who's requested too many refunds.

It is just a game Apple plays with you. The philosophy here is not "it just works", but "it is just a game to fool you". Apple makes their own rules.

(hint from an ex-internal: To really get blacklisted you need at least two phone calls with Apple Care Itunes support within one year)

• @MonzoPro said:
    Yep, me too - just bought Tardigrain and no pop-up.

>

That was one of mine, too. :)