Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using Roland Duo Capture EX and a usb foot controller with iPad 4 at the same time

Hi, I am a professional guitar player planning to use Loopy HD in iPad 4th generation with Roland Duo Capture Ex audio/midi interface on stage. In order to control Loopy HD via foot, I need to connect a USB foot controller to my iPad. I cannot use foot controllers with standard MIDI cables since my MIDI IN socket of Roland Duo Capture is connected with external laptop audio interface in order to get clock input for Loopy HD. Since I will need 2 USB inputs to iPad here, a USB hub is necessary.

So the equipment chain should be as follows:
Roland Duo Capture Ex + USB Foot Controller -> USB Hub -> CCK -> iPad 4

Which product would be most reliable in my case? Does anyone also have any good idea about which foot controllers (it should be self powered as I foresee) are most appreciated?
Best Regards

Comments

• Been using Plugable hubs with my iPad with no issues, can't help you with the foot switch part though.

• Have you looked at IK Multimedia's Bluetooth controller?

• Thank you, Tarekith. Do you need external power for USB controller when using it with Plugable Hub? As far as I tired, a standard hub does not provide enough power for usb keyboards for ex. It should be the same with a USB foot controller without a self power unit.

• Yes funjunkie27, I considered it. It looks fine. But two problems:
    1. Expensive
    2. I have suspicions about bluetooth connection dropouts in front of thousands of people with their cell phones on! There may be interference issues, I am afraid.

If I would be able to be 100% clear about my second concern, I would gladly spend my money on it.

• I don't have it so I can't address your concerns. It does seem interesting, but I can understand your concerns.