Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modstep midi into Gadget with Ableton Link?

Modstep midi into Gadget with Ableton Link? How are you guys setting this up?

Is there a way to incorporate the recent start/stop/ control in Audiobus?

Is AUM involved in the flow at all?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• My aim is to record the midi from Modstep into Gadget but there’s a delay in switching apps from pressing record in Gadget to play in Modstep.

Any clever tips?

• @SpookyZoo said:
    My aim is to record the midi from Modstep into Gadget but there’s a delay in switching apps from pressing record in Gadget to play in Modstep.

Any clever tips?

Maybe You could make Gadget's counting longer - You can make it in settings

• @MAtrixplan Good point. Ta.

Just occurred to me that Modstep may allow midi cc for transport controls so could try that too.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Modstep midi into Gadget with Ableton Link? How are you guys setting this up?

Is there a way to incorporate the recent start/stop/ control in Audiobus?

Is AUM involved in the flow at all?

Cheers in advance.

Gadget and Modstep don't need to be connected with Audiobus but if you want set Gadget as the input into Modstep.

Disable Link as it won't help.

Set Gadgets midi sync to Auto and set up various channels with their respective midi.

Set up the same in Modstep.

In the Modstep settings check that Modstep is sending midi clock.

Gadget and Audiobus can have their latency set around 256 for best results.

You'll hear lag particularly if you've got a lot of stuff going on at a high tempo. You're best option is to record the midi into Gadget as you go along.

Lastly, as you record into scenes it will always start at the topmost scene so you can do the drag and drop and record in reverse order if that makes sense.

• Cheers @LucidMusicInc

You’ve highlighted that I don’t need link and can use midi sync. Seems obvious now! Cheers :)

Not sure what you mean by reverse order though.

I’m importing a midi file into Modstep and then hoping to real-time record that midi into Gadget.

Your suggestion should help, ta.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Cheers @LucidMusicInc

You’ve highlighted that I don’t need link and can use midi sync. Seems obvious now! Cheers :)

I’m importing a midi file into Modstep and then hoping to real-time record that midi into Gadget.

That's a good way to do it. What I meant was if you were recording scene by scene you would need to drag scene 2 above scene 1 for example because there's no way to set the Gadget song sequencer to start after the topmost scene.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Cheers @LucidMusicInc

That's a good way to do it. What I meant was if you were recording scene by scene you would need to drag scene 2 above scene 1 for example because there's no way to set the Gadget song sequencer to start after the topmost scene.

Aha. Gotcha. Useful tip if I need this in future, cheers.