Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad Trade-In Deal

A lot of people are thinking about upgrading to a new iPad Air or iPad Mini v2 right now. The question is what to do with the old iPads? Selling on eBay/Craiglist can be tough... If you meet the following criteria you could be eligible to get a healthy trade-in:

• Have any generation and capacity of iPad you wish to trade in
  • Live near a Gamestop retail outlet (US only?)
  • Are willing to accept Amazon gift cards or Shell gift cards as trade-in value

Gamestop is offering excellent trade in values for any used iPad. They are currently giving a 30% bonus for iPad trade ins on top of their normal offers. So my iPad Mini 64GB Verizon is valued by Gamestop as $368 (Like New Condition) + 30% Bonus = $478.40

To see what your iPad is worth, check the values at this page:
http://www.gamestop.com/recommerce/web/ChooseDevice.aspx?manufacturer=Apple&family=iPad

Remember to add 30% to the offer to get the actual in-store promotional value.

A few examples (assuming all in Like New condition):

• iPad 2 16GB WiFi: $216.00 + 30% = $276.90
  • iPad 4 32GB WiFi: $343.00 + 30% = $445.90
  • iPad Mini 32GB WiFi: $242.00 + 30% = $314.60
  • iPad 3 16GB Verizon: $264.00 + 30% = $343.20

All you have to do is take your iPad to a Gamestop store and have them make an offer. Unless you have scratches or noticeable blemishes on your device, it should be ranked as "Like New". Even "Good" condition offers get a decent trade in value.

When you trade it in you get a Gamestop gift card loaded with the value of the trade in. Then you simply have to buy Amazon Kindle gift cards in store (which can be used for anything on Amazon.com), or Shell gift cards (which can be used for gasoline purchases). Either way, it's a cash equivalency if you manage your budget appropriately.

One small catch is that for the 30% bonus to apply you have to purchase one pre-owned item from Gamestop. It can be anything, even a $1 or $0.49-cent used game. Doing so gets you the 30% bonus and then you can spend the rest on Amazon gift cards.

This deal has been verified by many:
http://slickdeals.net/f/6404890-gamestop-trade-in-ipad-2-like-new-30-bonus

My coworker traded his iPad Mini 32GB WiFi in yesterday using this method for $328. He bought a $1 used game and spent the rest on Amazon gift cards, which he successfully activated on his Amazon account to use on anything on the site. I'm going to do mine today.

Hopefully this is useful to some of you considering upgrading... I'm not sure how long this deal is on - I think the 30% bonus goes into December, but there's a chance Gamestop will lower their base iPad trade-in values if a lot of people take advantage of this deal. YMMV.

Comments

• FYI, just got back from Gamestop with $497 trade-in credit for my Mini -- even better than I thought! Now I'm off to buy my new one :)

• Nice! Which model did you trade in?

• iPad Mini 64GB Verizon.

The best part is I bought it last year when it came out for a mega discount; a local retailer accepted stacking coupons and some other discounts and I got it for about 30% off. I ended up making almost $100 when I traded it in today, and I've been using it for a year :-)

• Wow, well played.

• Nice job. We have Gamestop here in Canada and they'll take iPads, but it looks like they aren't running this +30% promotion unfortunately.

• edited March 2014

• Congrats! Wish we had Gamestop here in Holland...

• Sold my iPad 3/64 wifi to a friend for 300. Still has 6 months on the Apple extended warranty. The guy at the Apple store said the warranty stays with the device.