Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any good bass apps?

2»

Comments

• @Skyscrapersax said:
    I'm also looking for an excellent acoustic bass / electric bass for Jazz usage. I am a saxophonist and pianist. I'm NOT a bassist, and a bass type interface is useless to me.

Can the iFretless app be controlled via a piano type interface (I have the IK iRig and CME iKeys ones).

If not , what's the best ACOUSTIC bass(also electric, but I mean bass, not synth bass) for iPad out there that will allow keyboard input?

Thanks!

Madrid in Gadget has some decent acoustic bass

• Maybe not in January 2013 but now we have Zeeon!

• Korg's Madrid would be ideal as a standalone (and free up a lot of space)

• "Madrid in Gadget has some decent acoustic bass"

I have Gadget. I just tried using Gadget as a Cubasis app. Everything in Cubasis is then the same app sound. What do I do? Thanks....

• @JeffChasteen said:
    Korg's Madrid would be ideal as a standalone (and free up a lot of space)

I have it in Gadget. Can IT be freed up? OR do I have to buy all over again? Thanks...

• @supadom said:
    Maybe not in January 2013 but now we have Zeeon!

That looks way cool as an analog synth, but I'm looking for acoustic bass - something like Trillium for iPad...

• @Skyscrapersax said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    Korg's Madrid would be ideal as a standalone (and free up a lot of space)

I have it in Gadget. Can IT be freed up? OR do I have to buy all over again? Thanks...

"Would be ideal"
    Unfortunately, it is not standalone. It is accompanied by all of the rest of Gadget (which I don't use)

• @Skyscrapersax said:

@supadom said:

That looks way cool as an analog synth, but I'm looking for acoustic bass - something like Trillium for iPad...

As a bass player I can only tell you there's nothing like playing the real thing. ;)

• @Skyscrapersax said:
    "Madrid in Gadget has some decent acoustic bass"

I have Gadget. I just tried using Gadget as a Cubasis app. Everything in Cubasis is then the same app sound. What do I do? Thanks....

You'll need to turn on Advanced MIDI in the gadget settings....this then allows you to choose which MIDI Channels will play which sounds....then set these channels accordingly in Cubasis....
    I think @jakoB_haQ probably has a video explaining this somewhere

@supadom said:
    As a bass player I can only tell you there's nothing like playing the real thing. ;)

Absolutely...

iFretless aint too shabby though

• Maybe a good Soundfont pack could cover your needs .
    Unfortunately I don't have something in mind but others may suggest one :)

• I'm a bass addict as I mostly make hip hop, reggae or funky soul music and my favourite bass apps are by far Korg's Madrid and Bassalicious... Plus, Bassalicious is a wonderful and light AU plugin, which makes it easy to use everywhere

• edited September 2017

As someone who plays bass guitar, i see comparing bass simulations like comparing Mikes poop to Johns poop.. Same with guitar. Better to just use synth sounds imo, they sound much better and not like something that tries to be something its not and failing badly

• @ToMess said:
    As someone who plays bass guitar, i see comparing bass simulations like comparing Mikes poop to Johns poop.. Same with guitar. Better to just use synth sounds imo, they sound much better and not like something that tries to be something its not and failing badly

Agreed. There is not a single bass sim that actually sounds like a bass, for one thing. For another, and I say this as a bass player, if it's mixed properly, you shouldn't be able to pick out the sound of the 1972 P-bass through an Ampeg B15. You're only supposed to notice the bass when it's not there.

• True. But .000001% of the people on the planet are bassists.

@supadom said:

@Skyscrapersax said:

@supadom said:

@supadom said:

@Skyscrapersax said:

@supadom said:

• I am surprised nobody mentioned Bassalicious 2. That is one seriously versatile bass app with preset a plenty. I would like a bassist opinion on it.

• @ecou said:
    I am surprised nobody mentioned Bassalicious 2. That is one seriously versatile bass app with preset a plenty. I would like a bassist opinion on it.

The gold standard. I can get any bass tone I hear in my head.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@ecou said:
    I am surprised nobody mentioned Bassalicious 2. That is one seriously versatile bass app with preset a plenty. I would like a bassist opinion on it.

The gold standard. I can get any bass tone I hear in my head.

That’s what I thought but I’m no bassist 😎

• BASSalicious was not out in Sept 2017 @ecou. Quite an old thread!

• edited June 2019

@LinearLineman My bad I did not notice this was a thread resurrected from the dead. 🤫

• OK so best "real bass" app for those using external MIDI controller?

• BASSalicious as big selection of electric and acoustic preset on top of tons of synth bass. One of the app with the most amount of preset around.

• @ecou, how do you adjust the buffer size on Bassalicious? Thanks!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @ecou, how do you adjust the buffer size on Bassalicious? Thanks!

Click the wrench then audio tab on the left.

• Ahhh. The same. Thanks.