Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which drum machine did Tronic Box use?

edited February 2018 in Other

I absolutely love the drums in this 80s version of “Love Me Harder”.

Tronic Box made it listenable. :lol: Anyways, the rest of the sounds are easy to figure out (like Chiang Mai can handle those FM basses and fm piano sounds no sweat), but do you know which drum machine (or drum machine samples) Tronic Box used? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• edited February 2018

Definitely something eprom based. It’s very well LinnDrum for the kick snare and mid tom (the way that Linn kick cuts through a mix is undeniable), I can’t say for sure about the other toms. I’m 95% sure it’s all Linn though.

• P.s. thanks for this didnt know it existed! I really like a lot of Ariana Grande songs; this one blows them all away...almost on par with Carly Rae Jepsen’s last album.

• That was freaky. Didn’t know that was a cover. The singers from today sound so similar to the original ones from before. The modern version doesn’t sound dated to me, although they didn’t make any drastic changes to the original. That was pretty great. B)
    Sorry, no idea about the drums. Synsonic Drums by Mattel? :D

• If I had to look for those drums, I'd take a serious look at the Roland R-8. I haven't listened side-by-side, but it was bleeping on my 1989 Roland-Radar.

• The sounds from a TR-707 have always appealed to me for some strange reason?!

• @Samu said:
    The sounds from a TR-707 have always appealed to me for some strange reason?!

Agreed, the 707 and 727 are two of my favorites. Punchy, crunchy, crisp and dated in a good way. Instant late 80s Chicago or Miami vibe. But I don't think that's what was used on this track :)

• Do you guys suspect a fair amount of processing on the drums? Or do they sound pretty dry, or like straight out of the box sounds? I don’t have the expertise to really tell.

• @brambos said:

Agreed, the 707 and 727 are two of my favorites. Punchy, crunchy, crisp and dated in a good way. Instant late 80s Chicago or Miami vibe. But I don't think that's what was used on this track :)

True, the track in question most likely uses processed Linn Drum samples :)
    And maybe some Simmons toms...

• edited February 2018

@Samu said:
    The sounds from a TR-707 have always appealed to me for some strange reason?!

707 is my fav outside the LinnDrum or LM-1. I think it’s the best option for ‘real-sounding fake drums’. Its snare is definitely only second to the Linn

• @CracklePot said:
    Do you guys suspect a fair amount of processing on the drums? Or do they sound pretty dry, or like straight out of the box sounds? I don’t have the expertise to really tell.

Other than reverb added, yeah they’re ‘out of the box’ sounds.