Samplist is live on the App Store

17891113

Comments

  • Alex is one of the most driven and talented developers around. At this rate, Samplist will probably become one of the most legendary iOS apps of all time. Better get it now while it's still affordable. And, please leave a good review to support Alex, he's one of the good ones! B)

  • @analog_matt said:
    Alex is one of the most driven and talented developers around. At this rate, Samplist will probably become one of the most legendary iOS apps of all time. Better get it now while it's still affordable. And, please leave a good review to support Alex, he's one of the good ones! B)

    +1

  • @analog_matt said:
    Alex is one of the most driven and talented developers around. At this rate, Samplist will probably become one of the most legendary iOS apps of all time. Better get it now while it's still affordable. And, please leave a good review to support Alex, he's one of the good ones! B)

    Thanks Matt. I really appreciate it.

  • @alecsbuga said:
    Ok guys. Version 1.3 with real-time time stretch is in review. Wow they move fast these days.

    Wow. Moving fast!

    Can you share how you're achieving real-time time stretching?
    (library/framework/hand-coded etc..)

  • @nrgb said:

    @alecsbuga said:
    Ok guys. Version 1.3 with real-time time stretch is in review. Wow they move fast these days.

    Wow. Moving fast!

    Can you share how you're achieving real-time time stretching?
    (library/framework/hand-coded etc..)

    It's AudioKit. Which underneath has Apple's AVAudioEngine.

  • @alecsbuga said:

    @nrgb said:

    @alecsbuga said:
    Ok guys. Version 1.3 with real-time time stretch is in review. Wow they move fast these days.

    Wow. Moving fast!

    Can you share how you're achieving real-time time stretching?
    (library/framework/hand-coded etc..)

    It's AudioKit. Which underneath has Apple's AVAudioEngine.

    Cheers.

    I'd completely missed that Audiokit was capable of this.

    Are you using AKPhaseLockedVocoder? (which looks like it's using Soundpipe's 'mincer' under the hood..?)

  • I don't know what happened to Apple lately. I think if you don't have login stuff, don't serve ads, don't save user data... they probably review your updates automatically. Because version 1.3 is already LIVE :D

    What's new:
    • Realtime Time Stretch – Transpose your samples and preserve tempo. Play your samples chromatically and maintain tempo (mono only).
    • Added option to select slices when pressing the pads. Useful when editing. Turn it off while performing ;)
    • Samples are sorted in alphabetical order for easier management.
    • Improved memory management.
    • Improved performance when loading longer samples.
    • Bug fixes and various improvements.

    Now I'm gonna take some well deserved sleep. I've been writing code every night until 2-4am for the past 4 weeks, so I'm gonna be fresh for the new stuff I'm planning to add.

    Enjoy the update guys, leave a review if you like it, leave a review if you don't :P but I prefer the "Send feedback" link :))

  • ... not so subliminal message to help you drift off to sleep ... must make universal... must make universal... must mak.....

  • @enc said:
    ... not so subliminal message to help you drift off to sleep ... must make universal... must make universal... must mak.....

    I've already started working towards that.

  • Good news guys. In my developer version I implemented a way to calculate tempo like Ampify Blocs. You enter the number of beats and magic happens. Or if you know the tempo already you enter that. Based on those calculations I'll display a grid so you can slice your samples on the grid or adjust the tempo of the newly released timestretch using a tempo slider and not just arbitrary values.

    I'm gonna be busy for the next days :)))

  • Thanks @alecsbuga
    I have no power today therefore no WiFi. :(

  • Is anyone seeing version 1.3 as an update? It said it's up in my iTunes Connect console but I can't seem to install it. I have both an US account and a Romanian account.

  • @enc said:
    ... not so subliminal message to help you drift off to sleep ... must make universal... must make universal... must mak.....

    Must make Auv3...must make Auv3...must make Auv3

  • @alecsbuga said:
    Is anyone seeing version 1.3 as an update? It said it's up in my iTunes Connect console but I can't seem to install it. I have both an US account and a Romanian account.

    Nothing in the Aussie store.

  • Nothing in US yet

  • Also not showing in JP

  • This is weird. I really don't feel like building another version and going through the freaking hassle of uploading it :)) It's a real chore. I've contacted Appstore review team.

  • Nothing in UK. Haven’t seen a beta update either Alex.

  • Apple's servers are probably rate limited to three updates per microsecond ;)

  • Nothing in Luxembourg yet.

    ...Ok, not really. I just am jealous of all you reporting from the exotic corners of the globe.

    And I did delete and re-install. Seems same old 1.2.7 version, but hard to tell. Alec, could you add a version number somewhere in the settings page? That would help a bit.

  • @Hmtx said:
    Nothing in Luxembourg yet.

    ...Ok, not really. I just am jealous of all you reporting from the exotic corners of the globe.

    And I did delete and re-install. Seems same old 1.2.7 version, but hard to tell. Alec, could you add a version number somewhere in the settings page? That would help a bit.

    I will. I'll populate the email with the version number too when you send feedback. It's useful

  • BTW the name's Alex. I lost my previous account, alexbuga :)

  • edited March 9

    I don't know what the heck it's happening with my update, but I'll push another one.
    I've implemented the tempo calculator.

    When you enable Timestretch for the first time, it will pop up a modal window to ask you to enter the tempo. You can drag a slider to set the tempo if you know it and it will calculate the number of beats automatically. You can also enter the number of beats and it will calculate the proper tempo. Just like Blocswave.

    after you did that, whenever you drag the slider to adjust the slice speed, you will do that in tempo increments. It's quite cool.

    And now that I have a solid base I can start working on displaying the grid over the sample screen.

  • I've submitted version 1.3.1 to the store which contains Tempo settings. Apparently it unjammed 1.3 also.

    So just to make it clear. 1.3 has timestretch and 1.3.1 has also tempo settings.

    You'll see the update for 1.3 and probably tomorrow the next one.

    Enjoy and if you like it please leave a review. Good or bad.

  • Updated and used it with Timestretch and it works very well. Great update. Will leave feedback...

  • Thanks. Glad you like it!

  • Yep, 1.3 available just now... AppStore says it was updated two days ago :lol:

  • Hey guys, I've just sent a new version of Samplist to the beta testers.
    If all goes well, by Tuesday it'll be in the App Store.

    What's new:
    Well, MIDI Mappings & Pitch-bend support. ATM you can bend +- 2 semitones. It's trickier with the current implementation of Logic's Sampler. But you can create those funky leads easily :P

  • How is samplist different from the sampler in bm3? Thanks

  • edited March 18

    @fattigman said:
    How is samplist different from the sampler in bm3? Thanks

    Well, it aims to do the same things, but in a simpler interface focused only on chopping / performing. It started actually as an emulation to Ableton Simpler. So think of that.

    I own BM3 too, but most of the time I just want to experiment with different stuff so I find Samplist way easier than loading up BM3, New project, etc etc..

    Also the goal of Samplist is to become an AUv3 so you can use it as a sampler module for your other apps. But it's a hard road to get there.

Sign In or Register to comment.