Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Need Live Set-Up Ideas

2»

Comments

• @supadom said:
    Gravity, friction, no thread, awesomeness optional. I've made two of them so I don't think I got lucky but you might find it a bit of a trial and error.

The metal plate in the link looks more pro but not sure how much weight it can take. The one I've built will not get your gear broken unless some punter throws himself at it :smile:

Cheers. Good stuff!

• edited February 2018

Just came across this video on synthtopia where the fella used little shelving strips to keep stuff in place on a board. Not sure how live friendly it would be but +1 for small, cheap and easy to add.

• @syrupcore said:
    Just came across this video on synthtopia where the fella used little shelving strips to keep stuff in place on a board. Not sure how live friendly it would be but +1 for small, cheap and easy to add.

Very cool! I wonder what those shelves are attached to?

• @Lt_Core said:

@syrupcore said:

Very cool! I wonder what those shelves are attached to?

Think it's just boards on keyboard stand. Those strips look a lot like drywall corner beading but sturdier.

• Just saw Monoprice is selling the heavy duty, locking kiosk type ipad stand/case for the 12.9" ipad pros, for a very nice $32.

They are very nice, the articulation is excellent, and the extra height off the table is nice, so you aren't hunched over, if you're standing up.

The cabling isn't totally seamless with the special iconnect cables, I couldn't figure out a way to contain the cable in the case with the ipad, because of the bulgy plastic bit that is inline, making a lump under the ipad. I was also leery of kinking the lightning connector end too much, so I have it running out the outside of the case at the moment. I think the case was designed for a right angle lightning connector, which they have plenty of, but iconnect doesn't make one.
    https://monoprice.com/product?p_id=16067

• To those in the US, the monoprice kiosk thing in the post above, is on sale for $18 right now.

• Looks like a device for crushing iPads in case bending them by hand takes too long, they even used a wallpaper that looks like shattered glass!

• @1nsomniak said:
    Looks like a device for crushing iPads in case bending them by hand takes too long, they even used a wallpaper that looks like shattered glass!

I wonder if this could be used to mount the iPad on a helmet for a High-Res GoPro rig? I'd only use it for trips around town (no pun intended). Not some Skateboard suicide mission.