Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AU Synth Drum Suggestions?

13»

Comments

• @Drümünkey said:
    If you can live without AU, SeekBeats is the best percussion synth. Full stop. Nothing can touch it. each voice can be on it's own channel in AUM so it's close to what you'd want in an AU.

It lacks midi control of parameters that you would want to automate if it were an AU. I'd rather have a less-featured drum that gives me more expressive midi control -- like Ruismaker.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Drümünkey said:
    If you can live without AU, SeekBeats is the best percussion synth. Full stop. Nothing can touch it. each voice can be on it's own channel in AUM so it's close to what you'd want in an AU.

It lacks midi control of parameters that you would want to automate if it were an AU. I'd rather have a less-featured drum that gives me more expressive midi control -- like Ruismaker.

That's cool. But technically you can have way more control over way more parameters because of the way Seekbeats handles velocity. Two points on the sliders. High and low. can be inverted. By changing velocity it acts like a morph.

• edited June 2018

@Drümünkey said:

Thanks for the info on seekbeats, sounds weighter than most in the iOS world. I hear there is a drum synth called drambo coming.

• I struggle hard with drums in iOS.... With any of the apps out there lol.
    Ruismaker is dope, I see people killing with it, but I have yet to do so...
    Seek beats is dope, but I can't tame the sounds enough to fit the chill vibe I am going for on my current ep..
    Patterning is dope but it's annoying flipping thru so many screens and menus to make changes...

I dunno it's probably just me cuz no one else seems to have problems with stuff lol...i just bang out pads in beat maker or in samplr,... Mostly sampler cuz it's so easy to control and I like seeing the wave forms...
    I just record in Foley or samples into break style wave form, set the dividers and jam out..

I like axon as well cuz you can do things you can't create with your fingers right away without layering... But it's a pain to switch patterns...

I wish I know how to develop apps cuz I have ideas but I can't make em real apps..

Also my other go to for drums is Layr and since yesterday, synth one...

I wanna make these other apps designed for drums work but I don't really care for sequencing so it's really not designed for me...

End rant

• @reasOne said:

I wanna make these other apps designed for drums work but I don't really care for sequencing so it's really not designed for me...

End rant

I have trouble selecting the note area on Layr. Any tricks I am missing?

• @Multicellular said:

@Kühl said:
    The @brambos apps are must-haves. But I also like Vatanator & the sounds in Syntronik

Does syntronik let you have different drum sounds per note?

Sorry for late answer.

Yes the Modulum has some mapped out kits, as well as single shots.
    I haven’t tried all the others yet.

• To the original post: what about the Iceworks stuff, Laplace or Mersenne?

• Lokks like DesignByPaul is working on a new auv3 drum synth :)

• @White said:
    Lokks like DesignByPaul is working on a new auv3 drum synth :)

Thanks for this pointer @White
    I’m glad to see this dev getting into AUv3

• @Multicellular said:

@reasOne said:

End rant

Wouldn't it be easiest to just save the 808 template in layer with your new sounds as a different name?

• @Breezee said:

@Multicellular said:

@reasOne said:

End rant

Wouldn't it be easiest to just save the 808 template in layer with your new sounds as a different name?

Hem. I just looked thru the presets again and can not find an 808 template. Find individual 808 drums.

• @Multicellular said:

@Breezee said:

@Multicellular said:

@reasOne said:

End rant

Hem. I just looked thru the presets again and can not find an 808 template. Find individual 808 drums.

Under the Demo Presets, at the very top, you don't have 808?

• I am trying to figure out how to move an instrument, or in this case a drum kit that I created as an instrument, into a folder that I made for Drum Kits, but can't figure out how to move instrument

• We could def use a world percussion AU app
    or did overlook one?

• @Breezee said:

@Multicellular said:

@Breezee said:

@Multicellular said:

@reasOne said:

End rant

No. See performance and instrument presets, not at top of either.

• @Breezee said:

I don’t. In my copy of LayR, there isn’t a Demo Presets bank. There is performance bank called “Factory - User Created” that has a performance called Drum Kit.

In the instruments library, there is a bank called Drum Components that has individual drums.