Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AU Synth Drum Suggestions?

Comments

• @futureaztec

Didn’t realise you wanted to run Rozeta in Cubasis, but you can work around it with AUM.

You can run Cubasis and Rozeta in AUM.

Load Ruismaker FM in Cubasis and set the pads to correspond with the black notes for triggering within Cubasis easier

Load Cubasis and Rozeta into AUM

Connect Rozeta midi routing to Cubasis in AUM

Set the midi input in Cubasis to Virtual

You can now play Rozeta and record the results in Cubasis

• Model15 and Kauldron have both implemented AU MIDI out in Garageband. Though this is not as useful as Drum pads would be.

• @brambos said:
    Convincing Apple to change or add to their standards is pretty close to defying to laws of physics. All iOS developers are pretty much at the mercy of their whims.

Hats off to you for your reverse engineering raw C header files. You did such a good job I took it for granted. Time to watch some youtube videos, see if I can get inspired to work on music again.

• @futureaztec I had a delve through the KQDixie DX7 drum patches out there but couldn’t find anything with different sounds mapped to different notes. I’m not sure it can do this so I may have misunderstood? Cheers.

• @gusgranite said:
    @futureaztec I had a delve through the KQDixie DX7 drum patches out there but couldn’t find anything with different sounds mapped to different notes. I’m not sure it can do this so I may have misunderstood? Cheers.

Maybe you could build a kit with one drum sound per AU instance?

• @CracklePot said:

@gusgranite said:
    @futureaztec I had a delve through the KQDixie DX7 drum patches out there but couldn’t find anything with different sounds mapped to different notes. I’m not sure it can do this so I may have misunderstood? Cheers.

I actually did that last night. Since I always put a kick on a a separate audio track anyway it's not so bad. However, this is where Cubasis 2 could use track grouping, so I could have the rest of my percussion sounds consolidated.

• :) > @futureaztec said:

@CracklePot said:

@gusgranite said:

I actually did that last night. Since I always put a kick on a a separate audio track anyway it's not so bad. However, this is where Cubasis 2 could use track grouping, so I could have the rest of my percussion sounds consolidated.

Yes indeed. When Cubasis announces internal busses, it will be a great day.

• Just added AU MIDI output for the pads on Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM.

Unfortunately Apple seem to be rejecting every app I send in for review so I have no idea when the update will be out. Apparently the app review team have hired a bunch of absolute morons who don't understand the concept of plugins and reject anything that even smells like an AUv3 extension for bizarre nonsensical reasons.

• @brambos said:

Unfortunately Apple seem to be rejecting every app I send in for review so I have no idea when the update will be out. Apparently the app review team have hired a bunch of absolute morons who don't understand the concept of plugins and reject anything that even smells like an AUv3 extension for bizarre nonsensical reasons.

Ouch, I guess that's why Kosmonaut is delayed too?

Maybe there's someone over at Apple's Garageband team that can alert/notify the review morons about their methods?

They really need people who know how to use the stuff in the 'review team' not just some newbies who follow protocol without understanding what they do. At least to me that would be proper Quality Assurance, but then again I'm 'old school'...

• @Samu said:

@brambos said:

Ouch, I guess that's why Kosmonaut is delayed too?

Indeed. They rejected it because I told them they needed Garageband (or another AUv3 host) to run the plugin. When I appealed this moronic decision they ignored me for 2 days and then sent me a message that they'd give me a call about it in 3-5 business days. Really, Apple? Really?

• And - almost as expected - both Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM got rejected again. I'm getting thoroughly fed up with Apple's ridiculous shenanigans.

• @brambos said:
    And - almost as expected - both Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM got rejected again. I'm getting thoroughly fed up with Apple's ridiculous shenanigans.

There's a dude in Hungary that works for Apple(GarageBand) but I've forgotten his name, arghhh!
    Those guys should really alert the 'mothership' of these kind of stupid issues...

• @brambos said:
    And - almost as expected - both Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM got rejected again. I'm getting thoroughly fed up with Apple's ridiculous shenanigans.

This is really strange. The Ruismakers are both fully functional standalone. What could possibly be the rationale for rejection this time.

• @Samu said:

They really need people who know how to use the stuff in the 'review team' not just some newbies who follow protocol without understanding what they do. At least to me that would be proper Quality Assurance, but then again I'm 'old school'...

Well it's hard to hire qualified people when you're running a low margin business like Apple...

I do kind of feel that Apple has returned to the John Sculley days.

• @realdavidai said:

@brambos said:

This is really strange. The Ruismakers are both fully functional standalone. What could possibly be the rationale for rejection this time.

They’re all on acid?

• The only thing I can think of is maybe staffing changes and new/inexperienced reviewers have been auto-assigned certain developer accounts. Because certainly other AU have been successfully released recently.

• Nahh.. it’s all completely random. This time it was the screenshots (which have been there for ages and half a dozen updates but suddenly didn’t pass their scrutiny).

• Sounds like going through customs.

• @CracklePot said:
    Sounds like going through customs.

Watch out when they don the rubber gloves :D

• @gusgranite said:

I know this thread is a few months old, but I had a similar question.
    One additional option I found was Kaspar. Each of the 8 ‘layer’s can be assigned to a single note, so you can easily make a 8 piece electro drum kit.

• edited June 2018

I’m beta testing SynthDrum Kick and it is pretty good for designing kicks and even other percussive sounds and hats and snares etc. it’s more niche but it is auv3 and I assume it will be popular due to the severe lack of auv3 drum machines.

• But in all honesty I personally just plug in my own hardware drum machines cause I’m not a big fan of the iOS alternatives for rhythm.

• The @brambos apps are must-haves. But I also like Vatanator & the sounds in Syntronik

• I wish someone would make a simple, Ruismaker-style sample-based AU drum machine (or technically sample player, but I just want it for quick access to 707s and LinnDrums.

• BeatHawk anybody?

• @Kühl said:
    The @brambos apps are must-haves. But I also like Vatanator & the sounds in Syntronik

Does syntronik let you have different drum sounds per note?

• @Multicellular said:

@gusgranite said:

One additional option I found was Kaspar. Each of the 8 ‘layer’s can be assigned to a single note, so you can easily make a 8 piece electro drum kit.

Nice idea on Kasper - will have a go at it as well. Are you able to share your Kasper preset? (No worries if you prefer not to).

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2018

@brambos said:
    Just added AU MIDI output for the pads on Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM.

Good luck Bram, that the situation quickly improves!
    I've had to delete one of our Cubasis preview clips too in the 2.5 review phase, that were totally fine before...

Best,
    Lars

• @gusgranite said:

@Multicellular said:

@gusgranite said:

Nice idea on Kasper - will have a go at it as well. Are you able to share your Kasper preset? (No worries if you prefer not to).

This is my basic drum one. That would be the best to share. It has a kick snare and high pitched whatever.

Some other tips
    -if you long press over the layer in edit tab, you can copy to another layer.
    -it is easier to edit this all in standalone and your presets show up normally as an AU.

Let me know if this works. I've only before shared via Dropbox with specific people
    http://www.dropbox.com/sh/e2pm5weoqrxbfln/AACtQJHkRJReOJFgYwg11bTia?dl=0

• If you can live without AU, SeekBeats is the best percussion synth. Full stop. Nothing can touch it. each voice can be on it's own channel in AUM so it's close to what you'd want in an AU.