Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Most realistic piano

A friend of mine is a great piano player. He is now looking for a very good electric piano that can perfectly recreate the sound and the touch of a real grand. Budget is not a problem. What would you recommend ?

Comments

• I would personally opt for a good master keyboard controller with Fatar keybed and a laptop with some of the best piano libraries.
    Piano sounds are a matter of taste, some prefer samples, some prefer Pianoteq because it's both tweakable and very expressive. I mostly find sampled pianos more "organic" but he can try the Pianoteq demo and decide for himself.
    Good sample libraries include Spectrasonics Keyscape, or Kontakt-based libs like Soniccouture The Hammersmith, Synthogy Ivory pianos, 8Dio 1969, Native Instruments The Giant or Alicia's Keys or the Definitive Piano Collection ...
    With today's laptops, fast SSD drives and Kontakt Disk Streaming, you're ready to play just as fast as a modern keyboard needs to boot up ;)

• @cuscolima said:
    A friend of mine is a great piano player. He is now looking for a very good electric piano that can perfectly recreate the sound and the touch of a real grand. Budget is not a problem. What would you recommend ?

@rs2000 said:
    I would personally opt for a good master keyboard controller with Fatar keybed and a laptop with some of the best piano libraries.
    Piano sounds are a matter of taste, some prefer samples, some prefer Pianoteq because it's both tweakable and very expressive. I mostly find sampled pianos more "organic" but he can try the Pianoteq demo and decide for himself.
    Good sample libraries include Spectrasonics Keyscape, or Kontakt-based libs like Soniccouture The Hammersmith, Synthogy Ivory pianos, 8Dio 1969, Native Instruments The Giant or Alicia's Keys or the Definitive Piano Collection ...
    With today's laptops, fast SSD drives and Kontakt Disk Streaming, you're ready to play just as fast as a modern keyboard needs to boot up ;)

I would like to ask what people think is the best quality and LOWEST CPU use piano?

I really like the UVI Grand IAP and ELEC IAP con BeatHawk

• @rs2000 said:
    I would personally opt for a good master keyboard controller with Fatar keybed and a laptop with some of the best piano libraries.

Thanks. This is the kind of things I proposed him but he told me that the sound of a real piano cannot be fully simulated by a software because of two things : the stereo “only” source of song and the effect produced by the vibrations of the body of the piano. So, he really want a real (but electric) instrument. I know Yamaha have some great recreations, but do any of you has extensive knowledge on that kind of beasts?

• @cuscolima said:
    Thanks. This is the kind of things I proposed him but he told me that the sound of a real piano cannot be fully simulated by a software because of two things : the stereo “only” source of song and the effect produced by the vibrations of the body of the piano. So, he really want a real (but electric) instrument. I know Yamaha have some great recreations, but do any of you has extensive knowledge on that kind of beasts?

What do you mean real (but electric)? Is he looking for a hardware synth that has a real piano sound? If that's the case, Korg Kronos and Nord Stage/piano 3 both have great piano sounds and are both used by pros.

• @RUST( i )K said:

I would like to ask what people think is the best quality and LOWEST CPU use piano?

I really like the UVI Grand IAP and ELEC IAP con BeatHawk

Ravenscroft 275 all day, the desktop and iOS versions. I now use them both exclusively and stopped bothering trying anything else. I feel more than confident making an album with either one ( yes that includes the iOS version as well).

• @Keepitsimple said:

@cuscolima said:

What do you mean real (but electric)? Is he looking for a hardware synth that has a real piano sound? If that's the case, Korg Kronos and Nord Stage/piano 3 both have great piano sounds and are both used by pros.

No, he is more looking for a kind of hybrid instrument like this one https://www.google.ch/amp/s/www.keyboardmag.com/.amp/gear/yamaha-nu1-upright-hybrid-piano

• @cuscolima said:

@Keepitsimple said:

@cuscolima said:

No, he is more looking for a kind of hybrid instrument like this one https://www.google.ch/amp/s/www.keyboardmag.com/.amp/gear/yamaha-nu1-upright-hybrid-piano

The Yamaha Avant Garde series are pretty good.

• I love the Yamaha Sound coming out of my wifes CP300. We are both fans of the sound over for instance Roland or so. Its bright and clear

• Slightly off topic, but I’m convinced some songs work better with slightly synthetic sounding piano sounds. Maybe it’s because I m still stuck in the 80s sound lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Slightly off topic, but I’m convinced some songs work better with slightly synthetic sounding piano sounds. Maybe it’s because I m still stuck in the 80s sound lol

m1 what.........

People complained about my last song saying your "piano sounds cheap"

I was like exactly! LOL

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Slightly off topic, but I’m convinced some songs work better with slightly synthetic sounding piano sounds. Maybe it’s because I m still stuck in the 80s sound lol

m1 what.........

People complained about my last song saying your "piano sounds cheap"

I was like exactly! LOL

Yeah totally right man M1, DX7, D50, Alesis, Old Samplers - that’s where it’s still at! ;)

• @cuscolima said:

@Keepitsimple said:

@cuscolima said:

Kawai and Dexibell are getting quite some praise for their upright hybrids. Kawai is well known. Dexibell less but their Vivo H7 is very nice sounding.

• @bert said:

@cuscolima said:

@Keepitsimple said:

@cuscolima said:

Kawai and Dexibell are getting quite some praise for their upright hybrids. Kawai is well known. Dexibell less but their Vivo H7 is very nice sounding.

Thanks. Interesting alternative. Have you played with the Dexibell? How is it compare to a Yamaha NU1 or Avant garde?