Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What little things bring you joy?

edited February 2018 in Other

I can't help smiling when someone passes by singing loudly with headphones on.

What does it for you?

Comments

• When I’m at my gigs:
    -People who may not have money to leave a tip in my jar but take the time to say “hi” and pay compliments.
    -The way a little kid’s face lights up when I play a Disney song.
    -When I play a song, make a mistake, and cover it like an old pro. (How else do you explain straight A’s during college piano juries when I made 6 mistakes but covered them so well? ;) )
    -When gorgeous ladies way out of my league smile at me as if I was Chris Pratt. ;) ;) (Okay, this is also a phenomenon that happens even when I’m not performing. :lol: )

Other things include:
    -Buying new stuff released by Korg whether I need it or not.
    -Healthy debates when everybody behaves like fully functioning adults.
    -Exercising, even when I’m sick with a fever.
    -Making a delicious meal and knowing I cooked it.

I could write a novel about things I like, but I’ll leave it right there.

• A dog’s wet nose under my hand or elbow when they are looking for an ear scratch.

• edited February 2018

Great replies so far, feel free to add more @jwmmakerofmusic

A new mattress has definitely given me more refreshing sleep lately.

That perfectly made morning coffee..no more than one cup nowadays

Finding a previously unknown to me artist and digging through the back catalogue.

Cats make some great soothing sounds at times...rain on glass is almost universal it seems, just be on the correct side..

• You got it mate! :) Well, okay, here’s a couple more...

-When I try to help people here, and the help works. x’D
    -When a modern pop song doesn’t suck. (Usually the stuff Sia puts out.)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

This is a great one, can be challenging but very rewarding in my experience!

• One more. This song got me through a stressful couple of years at the company I worked for, and even today, completely resets my perspective when I lose it.

• Discovering new music on YouTube, music that I probably would have never even encountered, but now gets recommended to me to listen to for free. It used to take a lot of work, time, and money to discover new music on your own. It maybe was more fun digging through the record bins, but the the selection was never this vast, with someone there always giving you great recommendations.

This is my latest favorite:

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

Your Beatmaker videos were super helpful when I was trying to figure it out a few months ago when I bought it. I try to watch them as you release them, your explanations are spot on

• Watching my wife smiling!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    When I’m at my gigs:
    -People who may not have money to leave a tip in my jar but take the time to say “hi” and pay compliments.

>

They sit at the bar and put bread in your jar and say, man what are you doing here? :)

• edited February 2018

When I experience genuine human kindness, out of the blue. Very recently, Mrs Zen’s sister passed away after a long struggle with double pneumonia. Yesterday, our neighbour from across the road, who we only know a little, dropped in a card and a dozen roses. Really made our day.

• When I get a new vaping coil / juice / mod combo that just works really well!

When devs admit a bug / fault / limitation without flannel - just honest and open.

When we can have our whinge about tech knowing full well none of this is really important in the big scheme of things.

When the wife and I are fishing and the shit in the world seems unimportant anymore.

When I make put some bass / drums / synth lines down and they seem to magically go together even though I really have no idea what I’m doing!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    When I make put some bass / drums / synth lines down and they seem to magically go together even though I really have no idea what I’m doing!

>

I maintain that knowing what you are doing stifles serendipity.

• When others are happy
    • When someone really appreciates what you just did
    • When Big Brother/X-Factor/I'm a celebrity get me out of here/any other crap reality series comes to an end.
    • Tesco's special belgian chocolate shortbread with a fresh coffee

oh and

REVENGE :D

• Great thai food.

• Blueberry pancakes.

• @Zen210507 said:
    When I experience genuine human kindness, out of the blue. Very recently, Mrs Zen’s sister passed away after a long struggle with double pneumonia. Yesterday, our neighbour from across the road, who we only know a little, dropped in a card and a dozen roses. Really made our day.

Same here. Mrs Monzo's mum passed away a couple of weeks ago and we had to go to her house to sort stuff out. Some local friends looked after Monzo Jnr for the day, and considering his behavioural issues - which even we struggle to cope with, this was a very generous use of their time.

• A cool pillow
    Kindness from unexpected quarters
    A cat demanding a scratch on the bridge of its nose
    Hitting the snooze button

• @JeffChasteen said:
    Hitting the snooze button

YESSS...forgot about that one :)

• Spontaneous sex on the hood of a car
    that's got a full tank of gas
    and will drive me into a future
    which is even now waiting with soft and open arms.
    Doesn't happen nearly often enough.

• I wish this wasn't such a hard thing to answer to be honest.

Besides music, I don't know really.

I kind of used up my joy.

What remains is the truth, facts, and if I accept them or not.

Joy doesn't come around here much any more.

I enjoy good laughs on here or with the 1 or 2 people I am friends with via email(out of country) or text(out of state).

• Can't help but to get a super wide smile when I hear sounds from Yamaha PS-3 PortaSound :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Spontaneous sex on the hood of a car

Just as long as it’s your car, JG. ;)

• My grandchildren, although they are little, they are no "little thing".

Also peace and quiet.

Both of these things are at opposite ends of the spectrum, but when they both happen together, it's a sort of magic that can be rivaled by no other.

• This thread is great. Love reading the posts

---My kids laughing
    ---Telling the Walmart employee supervisor how helpful/nice an employee was/is.
    ---Shaking a patients hand that is a Veteran, and telling them "Thank you, I appreciate their service"

• OMG, this song/video!

The lyrics, his vocals, the thrash riffs, the Bass guitar player and his awesomeness.......

It's a very angry song, but it makes me smile.....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Spontaneous sex on the hood of a car
    that's got a full tank of gas
    and will drive me into a future
    which is even now waiting with soft and open arms.

Doesn't happen nearly often enough.

This implies at least once though.....

Going to have to fill up and wait I guess :D

• @JudgeDredd said:
    My grandchildren, although they are little, they are no "little thing".

Also peace and quiet.

Both of these things are at opposite ends of the spectrum, but when they both happen together, it's a sort of magic that can be rivaled by no other.

Feel affinity with this one....
    Currently it is "Grandad, What's this ?" as they go through the entire contents of the kitchen for the third tim ein a row :D

• How dogs tilt their heads to the side and hold that pose. Cute. Adorn the face with a hockey mask and even a timid Bichon looks like Jason Voorhees stood over his twitching victim. Sublime.

• @CracklePot said:
    Discovering new music on YouTube, music that I probably would have never even encountered, but now gets recommended to me to listen to for free. It used to take a lot of work, time, and money to discover new music on your own. It maybe was more fun digging through the record bins, but the the selection was never this vast, with someone there always giving you great recommendations.

This is my latest favorite:

Hot damn, that brought me joy on a chilly, wet morning. Thanks, CracklePot, very nice find!