Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Air2 to Pro Difference?

In your experience will upgrading from an ipad air 2 to a ipad pro make performance differences? Glitching, clicking, poping, freezing etc....I usually run audiobus or aum, with a couple apps at a time, or maybe even just gadget. Nothing too heavy.
-thx

Comments

• edited February 2018

I thought going from the Air2 to my Pro 10.5 was pretty noticeable in just about every way. Not a huge difference, but apps load faster, switch faster, I can run more instances of things like Model 15, etc. Plus all the every day stuff, the difference in scrolling is night and day.

• Huge difference. Pro is by far faster etc and has the stereo speakers.

• edited February 2018

Yes, the 10,5 Pro is noticeably better in all areas. Especially RAM and storage related.

There were problems for early adopters, but Apple seem to have lagely sorted things out now.

• edited February 2018

Pro 10.5 is no doubt a better device in all areas. Whether one absolutely needs one is another question. If your air 2 is struggling then the answer is yes, there's no reason to suffer no more. If it copes then you'd better spend the cash elsewhere.

Screen and speakers are the obvious advantages otherwise.

My air 2 is running at about 90% ram most of the time with graphics related cpu spikes going up to 85%. No crackles etc but when I'm about to start playing live I will no doubt buy 10.5 again for the extra piece of mind.

• @supadom said:
    Pro 10.5 is no doubt a better device in all areas. Whether one absolutely needs one is another question. If your air 2 is struggling then the answer is yes, there's no reason to suffer no more. If it copes then you'd better spend the cash elsewhere.

My air 2 is running at about 90% ram most of the time with graphics related cpu spikes going up to 85%. No crackles etc but when I'm about to start playing live I will no doubt buy 10.5 again for the extra piece of mind.

My Air 2 feels like a puff of smoke is due any day.....

Battery won't hold charge etc......

Once budget allows upgrade to Pro

• Except perhaps wait, as there is a slight chance the iPad Pro 3 will land in March/April; https://www.techradar.com/news/ipad-pro-3-could-land-early-next-year-with-octa-core-a11x-bionic-chipset

• All the info i needed, big thx!

• @bleep said:
    Except perhaps wait, as there is a slight chance the iPad Pro 3 will land in March/April; https://www.techradar.com/news/ipad-pro-3-could-land-early-next-year-with-octa-core-a11x-bionic-chipset

This is where pro 10.5 will drop in price. Hopefully.

• iPad Air 2 is a phenomenal product Apple created and almost 3.5 years and it is still working great with a great resale value. If you have too many apps or want to keep open more than 10 apps simultaneously, do NOT upgrade to iOS 11 - stay with iOS 10 and you are golden. Air 2 came with iOS 8 and we should never upgrade the O/S on a device beyond 2-3 versions from the original version it came with as the old hardware cannot match the newer innvoations in the software.

• Actually iOS 11 runs just fine on my Air 2. I agree that it's a phenomenal product though, it's lasted really well and can still pull its weight.

• @powerobject said:
    iPad Air 2 is a phenomenal product Apple created and almost 3.5 years and it is still working great with a great resale value. If you have too many apps or want to keep open more than 10 apps simultaneously, do NOT upgrade to iOS 11 - stay with iOS 10 and you are golden. Air 2 came with iOS 8 and we should never upgrade the O/S on a device beyond 2-3 versions from the original version it came with as the old hardware cannot match the newer innvoations in the software.

ios 11

There is my issue

Air 1 with 10 is great

• @RUST( i )K said:

@supadom said:

My Air 2 feels like a puff of smoke is due any day.....

Battery won't hold charge etc......

Once budget allows upgrade to Pro

Check Settings > Battery frequently. Any apps consuming your battery should be closed after they are done. Usually, Background Audio chews up a lot of battery.

• I have an Air2 & Pro12.9 - I actually use my Air2 a lot more for getting my ideas and pre mixes - it works flawless - a good investment - very powerful -
    I have got a slight issue with the Air2 screen rotation where it rotates slowly if anyone has any remedy for this?

• @stormbeats said:
    I have an Air2 & Pro12.9 - I actually use my Air2 a lot more for getting my ideas and pre mixes - it works flawless - a good investment - very powerful -
    I have got a slight issue with the Air2 screen rotation where it rotates slowly if anyone has any remedy for this?

Spin faster