Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why is iPhone6S/iOS11 stuck at 48khz & why doesn't Blocs Wave work @ 48khz?

edited February 2018 in General App Discussion

So I started to mess around with blocs wave the other week, bought it at release but it’s been in that massive app backlog I’m building coz ima appslut. I’ve never been into the whole buying loops thing but, I’ve had this major writers block for way too long and, Blocs Wave have just been such a fun app, spurring lots of new ideas. Yesterday I bought a whole bunch of packs, today all the projects that used the EQ sounded like a garbled mix of clipping and sound buffering issues. New projects as well, didn’t matter if I added or removed frequencies, so prolly not a clipping issue. Messing around with the buffer via audiobus or aum made it slightly better at the highest buffer (1024), which obviously isn’t a solution.

I deleted and reinstalled it all. But I just tried the EQ on a sound and it’s still there. I’m using an iPhone 6S with iOS 11.2.5. The EQ behaves just fine the iPad Air with iOS 10. Anyone got the same thing with the EQ? Any ideas?

Comments

• edited February 2018

Have you got the issue on speaker or headphones? I’ve got the issue on my 7 Plus but only on iPhone speaker, cause it’s 48 kHz and Blocs wave EQ don’t works well at this rate. Headphones allow for 44.1 kHz so it works as it should. Also, is you use headphones but Blocs wave as an IAA in AUM for exemple, you need to set samplerate to 44.1 too, this is the case with almost all IAA apps, or there will be audio crackles.

• edited February 2018

@Janosax

Cheers! Yep the iPhones internal speaker definitely hates the EQ. Just tried it via Bluetooth which worked fine. My iPad Air on iOS10 works fine using the internal speakers, I got no idea if the Air is 44.1 or 48 though. I did check the samplerate in AUM yesterday and it was locked to 48khz, couldn't change it (unsupported device or another app controlling it). Thanks for the heads-up on this, I didn't know about the 44.1/48khz issue, Blocs Wave is the first app I've had this with.

So basically, Novation needs to give the EQ some more love! @AmpifyxNovation

• edited February 2018

So I gave it a try on my old iPhone 5 with iOS10 and it worked just fine (like the Air). I did take notice of that I could switch the sample rate between 44.1/48khz in AUM on both the iPhone 5 and iPad Air iOS 10. The iPhone 6S on iOS11 is properly stuck at 48khz however. Gosh I'm no rocket scientist, I just wanna make some tunes and....many of my best tunes these days happens on the toilet

• @ChrisG said:
    So I gave it a try on my old iPhone 5 with iOS10 and it worked just fine (like the Air). I did take notice of that I could switch the sample rate between 44.1/48khz in AUM on both the iPhone 5 and iPad Air iOS 10. The iPhone 6S on iOS11 is properly stuck at 48khz however. Gosh I'm no rocket scientist, I just wanna make some tunes and....many of my best tunes these days happens on the toilet

If I recall correctly one needs to attach the head-phones to the 3.5mm jack on the 6S to be able to select 44.1...

• @Samu said:

@ChrisG said:

If I recall correctly one needs to attach the head-phones to the 3.5mm jack on the 6S to be able to select 44.1...

Yep that worked. But it's...imperative (that's the word) that I can get the sound straight outta the phone speaker, I really can't use headphones on the pooilet. Me old toilet buddy Figure isn't always quite up to the task these days and Blocs Wave seemed like a fun alternative. All that said though, I've only noticed this with Blocs Wave, when using the EQ, I sent support a message the other day, not heard back yet, hopefully they can sort it out.