Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Twisted wave

I’ve been using TwistedWave to edit samples from Samplebot but can’t seem to get the effects tail to be included in the processed file. Is there an option to turn it on, hidden somewhere?

Comments

• edited February 2018

I don't think so, but there's a simple workaround: move the playhead to the rightmost position (double arrow right) and then choose 'insert silence' from the toolchest menu. Default is 10 seconds, extend or shorten as required.

• @Telefunky said:
    I don't think so, but there's a simple workaround: move the playhead to the rightmost position (double arrow right) and then choose 'insert silence' from the toolchest menu. Default is 10 seconds, extend or shorten as required.

Excellent workaround, thank you :-)

• It's probably because TwistedWave does not extend the file length automatically which is somewhat inappropriate for delay and reverb effects.

• I use Loopersonic to just extend sample length export to Twisted.

Or if able "twist" sample in Loopy to an alignment that allows space.

• MrMoro.. inserting silence is not going to get your reverb tails back !!

Use audiobus if samplebot has no option to keep tails.

• @RUncELL said:
    MrMoro.. inserting silence is not going to get your reverb tails back !!

Use audiobus if samplebot has no option to keep tails.

There was no reverb tail on the samples from Samplebot. Adding the silence to increase the length of the sample and the adding fx works a treat on Twistedwave. :-)

• @Nu2moro said:
    but can’t seem to get the effects tail to be included in the processed file. Is there an option to turn it on, hidden somewhere?

?

• Also you don't need to add silence in TwistedWave to add fx.. just add the fx and the sample (audio file) will extend to include any fx tails.

• edited February 2018

he adds a reverb to his file (from TwistedWave's internal processing).
    TW saves the file in it's original length, so the reverb decay is cut off.
    With some silence added to the end of the file (which is called 'insert' by TW) the decaying reverb tail is captured.
    It's smarter to do it manually than have the app check which effects are active and calculate a possible extension, as many users may want/need to keep the original length and apply a fade instead.

• edited February 2018

I've just tried it out and sure enough you DO have to add the silence ! I could add up 1min of silence, do the fx and then just trim off the silence at the end.. pretty sure it was never this way in previous versions. But hey that's update culture for yer. I'd record sample bot thru audiobus - much more fx choice, with tails an all ./>^

• @Telefunky said:

Thanks, that's a great tip.

• @RUncELL said:
    I'd record sample bot thru audiobus - much more fx choice, with tails an all ./>^

I was just messing with Samplebot, trying to amuse the grandkids lol :-)
    Sampled a tub of marbles being banged, turned out quite usable!

• Nice.. lots of sounds can be made with marbles.. I do field and fx recording myself. And talk of marbles made me think - has anyone seen mine // sure I left them here som e wh ere !!