Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Inspired by the 10min challenge

edited November 2013 in Creations

This came from a challenge to write a song in 10 minutes all on my iPad. I put the sketch together in Loopy HD in 11 minutes, uploaded it, then decided to complete the song by arranging the Loops into GarageBand. That took 2.5 hours.

I was determined to actually finish a song. Hope ya like it!

Thanks to the 10 minute challenge by @jangomango for motivation to sketch out a new song. It's all Animoog and DM1 :-) sorry I don't have time to learn all the new toys

Comments

• edited November 2013

And the audio quality on soundcloud is terrible! It's great when I send the m4a to audioshare, (I emailed it to myself from GarageBand) but then it sounds horrible on soundcoud!

Any tips? Ideas how to use soundcloud?

• Good job, you just have a whole bunch of fingers for that clicking ..! Nice track...

• My experience with SC is that it doesn't handle compressed sound very well. I've tried mp3s and they sounded horrible. M4a is also compressed, right?

Wawe files sound a lot better.

• Thanks Carlsson. yep, GarageBand outputs a compressed m4a file. If soundcloud does a poor job with compressed files, that would explain why it sounds so much better in Audioshare. Maybe it's time for a real iOS DAW with .wav output.

That clicking... It was intended to be just a few layers of finger snapping. It is masked by the other layers, but you might notice the kitchen pots that were clanging in the other corner of my... Studio. :)

• It was inspiring! My next song's gonna feature my George Foreman Fry-Daddy while I play the spoons!
    Seriously very awesome.