Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Electro-Funk Part 3: Give your grooves some juice! - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

This is the last in my trilogy of videos on generating funky 80's grooves. I hope you dig it!

Comments

• My rule for funk and space jazz is that 1975 is the cutoff. Later than that and it's probably not top shelf.

• I used to feel this way until also until I started digging deep past the radio hits in the 80's. There were some MONSTER funk hits in the 80's, you just may need to expand your definition of funk a bit as I had to.

Hope you got something out of the video!

• @dvlmusic said:
    I used to feel this way until also until I started digging deep past the radio hits in the 80's. There were some MONSTER funk hits in the 80's, you just may need to expand your definition of funk a bit as I had to.

Hope you got something out of the video!

THIS.

• @dvlmusic said:
    There were some MONSTER funk hits in the 80's

Totally agreed! :smile:

BTW, awesome series, Davey!

• @senhorlampada said:

@dvlmusic said:

Thanks, guys. Now that I've got 3 videos up on the same topic, I'll probably take a break from this series. I've got plenty of more coming, but if there is anything specific you want me to cover, let me know and see what I can do.

• @dvlmusic said:

@senhorlampada said:

@dvlmusic said:

Thanks, guys. Now that I've got 3 videos up on the same topic, I'll probably take a break from this series. I've got plenty of more coming, but if there is anything specific you want me to cover, let me know and see what I can do.

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr I'm happy to post some links of cool 80's funk tracks if you're interested in exploring more of that arena.

• @dvlmusic said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr I'm happy to post some links of cool 80's funk tracks if you're interested in exploring more of that arena.

Love to hear it bro. Real drums and bass, please.

• I can't always guarantee real bass - synth bass was a staple of 80's funk, but I'll do my best.

Ok - so there's a bunch of variety. I wasn't able to completely honor your real bass/real drums request, but I did what I could on short notice. There's a ton more of this depending on what you like or don't. Love to hear if any of these do it for you!

• I always thought this mid eighties track by Frank was quite funky..,

• This 1985 gem from Thomas Dolby with non other than George Clinton..,