Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video: HUGE FEATURE added LOOPTUNES!!

Did a quick video of beta version to show amazing new feature of LoopTunes app.

I just got it last night, so I know what I showed you and hope you dig it.

Need to watch a little before I do the "cheesy" big reveal of the new feature a few minutes in.

Sorry for bad visual and audio in advance.

Comments

• This app is progressing nicely, if the launchcontrolXL does get supported, I’ll have no choice but to dive in :)

• Aye, just lost an hour creating some really unique stuff. I know this is practically heresy round these parts, but I dare say I was getting some Samplr-like stuff out of this update. Obviously this app is a clip launcher/DJ type of thing at its core but the sequencer and the x/y effects take it closer to Samplr than I expected.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    This app is progressing nicely, if the launchcontrolXL does get supported, I’ll have no choice but to dive in :)

No choice

LOL

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Aye, just lost an hour creating some really unique stuff. I know this is practically heresy round these parts, but I dare say I was getting some Samplr-like stuff out of this update. Obviously this app is a clip launcher/DJ type of thing at its core but the sequencer and the x/y effects take it closer to Samplr than I expected.

This app for the right type of creative person is a heaven sent.

I agree.

Some of the highest quality FX on iOS right here in this app as well.

People best know.......LOL

• So if I am going to buy it, what do I get, LooptunesHD or LooptunesDJ? Whats the differance?

• @JudgeDredd said:
    So if I am going to buy it, what do I get, LooptunesHD or LooptunesDJ? Whats the differance?

Sorry, found it.

• Nice one @RUST( i )K. I already had the iPhone app but just picked up the pro to get jacking!

• edited February 2018

How well does live audio loop capture work (without stopping the other loops ala Loopy)? Does it round to the nearest bar for end record? Is it seamless?

Edited. Most of my original questions were answered in @sonicreef's video:

• Would be cool if you could still sequence the non-trigger elements on steps without a sample trigger. Then you could automate say the cutoff of a loop.

• @syrupcore said:
    Would be cool if you could still sequence the non-trigger elements on steps without a sample trigger. Then you could automate say the cutoff of a loop.

My brain is so not even close at the moment of processing this abstract....LOL

• Is this IAA? Can it be used with AUM?

• edited February 2018

@RUST( i )K said:

@syrupcore said:
    Would be cool if you could still sequence the non-trigger elements on steps without a sample trigger. Then you could automate say the cutoff of a loop.

The way it is currently: you can sequence the filter cutoff but you have to retrigger the sample any time you want to do so. Basically, starting the sample over on each trig with a different cutoff frequency. This is cool for lots of uses.

But, what if you have a one bar loop that you want to play all the way through and sequence the cutoff as it plays? Can't do that currently.

Maybe easier to grok if you replace filter cutoff with pan in the example above. If you could sequence the pan control without retriggering the sample, you could create autopan-like effects on loops.

• ^ Not complaining, just dreaming.

• @syrupcore said:

@syrupcore said:

The way it is currently: you can sequence the filter cutoff but you have to retrigger the sample any time you want to do so. Basically, starting the sample over on each trig with a different cutoff frequency. This is cool for lots of uses.

But, what if you have a one bar loop that you want to play all the way through and sequence the cutoff as it plays? Can't do that currently.

Maybe easier to grok if you replace filter cutoff with pan in the example above. If you could sequence the pan control without retriggering the sample, you could create autopan-like effects on loops.

I actually thought of doing that. Would need a toggle button because sometimes you want to apply the mod parameters only on triggers.
    Another challenge would be mod(ulation) stepping. That could be smoothed out I guess.

• @JudgeDredd said:
    Is this IAA? Can it be used with AUM?

Yes, it works with AUM. Ya, I bought it, like I was kidding myself otherwise.

• @syrupcore said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@syrupcore said:

Cool idea.

• @sonicreef said:

@syrupcore said:

@syrupcore said:

I actually thought of doing that. Would need a toggle button because sometimes you want to apply the mod parameters only on triggers.

Sweet. Another possible way (instead of a toggle): make the sequencer knobs offsets of the current pad's value for that parameter instead of direct values. Or maybe they also have trigs for on/off per step, just like the notes but they don't trigger anything—they just enable that step's parameter value. Whichever way you drum up, I'm in!

Another challenge would be mod(ulation) stepping. That could be smoothed out I guess.

I think for these sorts of sequenced effects, most already expect them to jump when triggered (like Elektron parameter locks or Korg mono/minilogue sequencers). I would skip smoothing, personally! That said, having interpolation as an option would be cool too; you could also use the sequencer lanes as additional LFOs.

• Can I just say thanks to @RUST( i )K for making and posting this vid...without it I'd have never known what LoopTunes was really capable of.

• @sonicreef In the Dj version of the app, how do you use the cue/ loop section. how can i add samples or songs from my audiobus or dropbox and where do i import them into there?

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Can I just say thanks to @RUST( i )K for making and posting this vid...without it I'd have never known what LoopTunes was really capable of.

You are more than welcome.

Glad to see my amateur video served some purpose other than ridicule ...............

Just kidding.

• @syrupcore said:

@sonicreef said:

@syrupcore said:

@syrupcore said:

Sweet. Another possible way (instead of a toggle): make the sequencer knobs offsets of the current pad's value for that parameter instead of direct values. Or maybe they also have trigs for on/off per step, just like the notes but they don't trigger anything—they just enable that step's parameter value. Whichever way you drum up, I'm in!

the sequencer knobs are actually relative.

I think for these sorts of sequenced effects, most already expect them to jump when triggered (like Elektron parameter locks or Korg mono/minilogue sequencers). I would skip smoothing, personally! That said, having interpolation as an option would be cool too; you could also use the sequencer lanes as additional LFOs.

I added a second step sequencer in 3.0.8, which lets you set "mod" steps independent of trigger steps. This should get you what you want.
    The way it works is that the mod sequencer is slave to the trigger step sequencer. If you toggle a step in the trigger sequencer, it automatically toggles the step in the mod sequencer. You can then go to the mod sequencer and add additional steps, or remove others.

• Unlimited variations to drumsor whatever the pad is playing! Awesome! Thanks!

• @sonicreef said:

@syrupcore said:

@sonicreef said:

@syrupcore said:

@syrupcore said:

I added a second step sequencer in 3.0.8, which lets you set "mod" steps independent of trigger steps. This should get you what you want.
    The way it works is that the mod sequencer is slave to the trigger step sequencer. If you toggle a step in the trigger sequencer, it automatically toggles the step in the mod sequencer. You can then go to the mod sequencer and add additional steps, or remove others.

Woa! SWEET!

• @syrupcore said:

@sonicreef said:

@syrupcore said:

@sonicreef said:

@syrupcore said:

@syrupcore said:

Woa! SWEET!

No joke. Amazing...

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@syrupcore said:

@sonicreef said:

@syrupcore said:

@sonicreef said:

@syrupcore said:

@syrupcore said:

Woa! SWEET!

No joke. Amazing...

Amazing

• @sonicreef said:

@syrupcore said:

@sonicreef said:

@syrupcore said:

@syrupcore said:

Going to need a bigger video, Skipper.... :)