Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 11 Files App looses all locations?!?

I constantly get into the situation, where the Files App does not show ANY location anymore.

Most of the time, this comes after an error message that some helper service or daemon is not there anymore - but sometimes this happens even without any such message.

This happens nearly every day ...
Only a reboot seems to fix this.

Do more of you experience this?

iOS 11.2.5

Comments

• Yup. Seems super buggy for me too.

• Disappointed with the first release of Files. Very buggy. Few options. No progress indicator when copying or moving files. Etc. Still. Better than nothing which is what we had before, I guess.

• I use ios less and less for music every day, too many workarounds, too little storage. I'm mixing a lot of live shows and auria is not good for that, and with my air 1 aging badly (sadly) I've been much happier back on the computer with mixbus. I tried to export something from Audioshare to auria the other day and it just wouldn't show up in auria no matter how many times I tried. Files app for me so far has just been another workaround for things, it's definitely not the same as having a usable file system.

These days my iPad is doing mostly controlling of digital mixers live, and using garageband to write (and ever since the new file interface in garageband it seems that certain projects just won't open and is very hard to find the things you've worked on). In my opinion apple took something that was working great and progressively made it worse because it's so close to being a real computer in operation but it's not, even though the power is there. Now that they're trying to make it more than a tablet it just feels like.ore frustrating, crippled laptop to me.

Just my opinion of course, no problem if others disagree.

• edited February 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This has been super buggy since day-one. For me it represents everything Apple. Apple hardware is some of the best in the world - Apple software is truly awful. Their UI design is inconsistent, lacking in detail and functionality and their quality control is appalling.

I have a folder on my iPad which is named Apple and in it is every Apple app - never open it. The only app that I do use is Files and that is because I am forced into doing so. My preferred files app is Documents by Readdle - so much better than the Files app.

Rant over.

• Thanks a bunch.
    Just getting over myself and upgrading from iOS 10 to 11 after hesitating a long time, did now leave me with a strange stroke on my face.

• @ageezz said:
    This has been super buggy since day-one. For me it represents everything Apple. Apple hardware is some of the best in the world - Apple software is truly awful. Their UI design is inconsistent, lacking in detail and functionality and their quality control is appalling.

I have a folder on my iPad which is named Apple and in it is every Apple app - never open it. The only app that I do use is Files and that is because I am forced into doing so. My preferred files app is Documents by Readdle - so much better than the Files app.

Rant over.

Weird. It’s like you were reading my mind. B)

• @ageezz said:
    This has been super buggy since day-one. For me it represents everything Apple. Apple hardware is some of the best in the world - Apple software is truly awful. Their UI design is inconsistent, lacking in detail and functionality and their quality control is appalling.

Rant over.

Hehehe, at me, its called Extras.
    But not ALL Apple Apps are contained B)