Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launch pad app midi in from non novation hardware?

Is it possible to trigger it from other midi sources?

Comments

• Possible, probably but as far as I know no one has cracked the magic handshake

• @Ego_Likeness said:
    Is it possible to trigger it from other midi sources?

The problem isn’t midi.

@BiancaNeve said:
    Possible, probably but as far as I know no one has cracked the magic handshake

Handshake as midi messaging neither. You need to emulate the id vendor/model which is possible but ilegal AFAIK...

• Its possible/doable and not illegal, but it would need to be in hardware and has zero commercial viability, so it is never going to happen.

• @Samplemunch said:
    Its possible/doable and not illegal, but it would need to be in hardware and has zero commercial viability, so it is never going to happen.

I should add for comercial purposes
    For personal use there are some workarounds but since iOS11+Launchpad is broken, it doesn’t worth any effort more than personal goals to hack it.
    I will recomend go for GTL route 11 times of 10 chances...

• What do you mean iOS 11 + Launchpad is broken @Dubbylabby ? I was jamming on an Air 2 11.2 and a Launchpad Pro yesterday and having a blast.

• @BvsMV said:
    What do you mean iOS 11 + Launchpad is broken @Dubbylabby ? I was jamming on an Air 2 11.2 and a Launchpad Pro yesterday and having a blast.

I’m 11.2.5 and still got glitches but almost itrack dock came alive again after 11.2.3 downfall.
    Since iOS11 my mini4 has got crackles and Alink unsync when switch apps so and so.
    It’s unreliable for live gigs and its @AmpifyxNovation blame due Garageband still works as expected. Users were asking for stability but we get more soundpacks and buggy pro pack (advertised for all of us who have all the features already) etc.

If you don’t have any issue be aware about updating. In some moment you can find yourself talking with others like me. I learnt recently there are lots of users unable to use their itrack docks since iOS11 first version...