Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fac Maxima - 2 months already - What's your feedbacks?

Time is flying and Fac Maxima is already available since two months! I've read a lot of nice feedbacks here and there in addition to videos that I've tagged in the play list of my youTube channel.

If you follow me on twitter you should know that I'm preparing a new release 1.2 with some nice features: view configuration management with a larger view, enhancement of the wave form viewer, presets bar available in all host, minor improvement and bugs fixes...

That's what I've planned, now I would like to know your feedbacks about the current version.
So your favourite presets, the way you use it, on which instrument, on each track or on the final master...

Let me know :)

I also take opportunity to kindly remind you to rate the app on the AppStore

Comments

• edited February 2018

I love it! It is magic.

I am using it in BM3 on individual banks, anything, drums, synths, all fair game. I also use it for the 'album master' on individual tunes to just bring them all together. I just nudge parameters on the default settings slightly to taste (BM3 does not show any presets that I can tell).

BM3, Maxima and Zeeon have completed a major creative loop for me, much thanks!

PS. VST?

• From unknown at the table to sauce on nearly every dish.

• Using it a lot on vocal tracks in GarageBand. Not only does it sound and look great. It’s rock-solid stable. I’m grateful for the AU movement on iOS, however we need a general move beyond just “available” to “stable”.

FAC plug-ins exemplify this.

• For some projects in Auria Pro, RTM are using this where appropriate in preference to Fab Filters. Higher praise we cannot give.

• Love it. Using it in AUM on instrument channels.

With careful adjustment it is great at lifting synths with wide dynamic range sounds so that they sit better in the mix.

It is so intuitive that I tend not to use the presets that much - A couple of adjustments and it is good to go.

Not a problem but a couple of things that would be nice. Double tap on the gain to reset to 0dB and it would be nice that if you just touch a control (not moving it) you could get a visual feedback of the setting amount. You could then easily return there if you make an adjustment that does not sound as good.

Probably my most used FX. Great work.

• edited February 2018

@Zen210507 said:
    For some projects in Auria Pro, RTM are using this where appropriate in preference to Fab Filters. Higher praise we cannot give.

Hehe, yah I exported a couple PC daw projects to iPad for mastering for the first time. It was either, "well I could spend hours and wind up with 'pretty good' or minutes and get 'pretty damn good'."

• This thing produces feedback, too? :p

I never finish anything, but that hasn’t stopped me from using this on various tracks. It is a similar experience to plugging in your real speakers after working from the built in speaker all session. Insta-fatness and super clean.

@FredAntonCorvest If you make it, I shall buy. B)

• @FredAntonCorvest I was lucky enough to win this app from a contest, but have had quite a busy start to the year and had not posted anything here yet to show it in action.

As said above, it applies very clean compressing / limiting and I’ve used in on pretty much every type of channel sound with equally good results :) Also i’ve Not needed much recourse to the presets, because it is so wonderfully simple to use... almost unnervingly simple! I’ve not applied it to a full mix yet, but that’s just because I’ve not been as active this year and there isn’t anything to master.

I agree double tapping the gain -> return to zero would be great, I do that in so many other apps, it’s a reflex action. The recent chorus update was great and as said above the apps are very stable and high quality - thank you! 10/10

• @skoptic said:
    @FredAntonCorvest I was lucky enough to win this app from a contest, but have had quite a busy start to the year and had not posted anything here yet to show it in action.

As said above, it applies very clean compressing / limiting and I’ve used in on pretty much every type of channel sound with equally good results :) Also i’ve Not needed much recourse to the presets, because it is so wonderfully simple to use... almost unnervingly simple! I’ve not applied it to a full mix yet, but that’s just because I’ve not been as active this year and there isn’t anything to master.

I agree double tapping the gain -> return to zero would be great, I do that in so many other apps, it’s a reflex action. The recent chorus update was great and as said above the apps are very stable and high quality - thank you! 10/10

Great app for sure. Agree about double-tap to reset. Should be standard in all apps.

• Read the first 3 posts of this thread, bought it, now using it on every track.

• ALBALB
    edited February 2018

I use it a lot in BM3, maybe too much. It’s difficult to not use it. I do wish it had the presets available when in BM3.

• It has ended up being the compressor of choice for drums and master channel in four of the last six tracks I’ve done this year. I’m not a member of the Fab Filter club and doubt I ever will be unless they go AU.

Even after years and years making music, I almost always do more harm than good with compression other than if I get lucky with preset. I need something simple and effective with a minimum of things to tweak. The sausage maker is great, and won out twice in A-B testing, but that little thing is too totally cryptic for me. I like to think I at least understand a tiny bit of what I’m adjusting when I do.

If I were able to dig up suggestions, they would be pretty much exactly what you have planned. Double-tap to get back to the preset value is all I can think of.

• Bought it today due to Henny's video and the fact that your chorus is gorgeous. And I mean gorgeous.

• edited February 2018

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    If you follow me on twitter you should know that I'm preparing a new release 1.2 with some nice features: view configuration management with a larger view, enhancement of the wave form viewer, ...

you may consider to overlay the treshold value as a line onto the waveform display - makes it very (!) easy to estimate the effect with a single glance.
    Holding up IOS-9 resistance I'm out of the game, but what I consider the desktop equivalence of Maxima (SAW-Studio Levelizer) is by far my most used dynamic tool.

• edited February 2018

@Telefunky said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    If you follow me on twitter you should know that I'm preparing a new release 1.2 with some nice features: view configuration management with a larger view, enhancement of the wave form viewer, ...

you may consider to overlay the treshold value as a line onto the waveform display - makes it very (!) easy to estimate the effect with a single glance.
    Holding up IOS-9 resistance I'm out of the game, but what I consider the desktop equivalence of Maxima (SAW-Studio Levelizer) is by far my most used dynamic tool.

Hmmm, interesting UI...

• edited February 2018

it's just stating the obvious ;)
    When you look at the waveform of a full track, you have few ideas about the level of individual peaks - the line just provides a guide for the eye.
    It's also useful if acoustic recordings have some outstanding peaks: handle these in a first pass, save the file and then apply a 2nd pass for final loudness adjustment.
    Yields much better distortion figures than a single run would.

• Very nice app, I use it on drums this can gives the same color and punch as Ableton Live compressors, it's also nice on synths pads and leads, it creates some rich textures. I use it often for quick mastering too, it gives good cohesion, like on this track: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/24702/madreeon#latest

• @AudioGus said:
    I love it! It is magic.

I am using it in BM3 on individual banks, anything, drums, synths, all fair game. I also use it for the 'album master' on individual tunes to just bring them all together. I just nudge parameters on the default settings slightly to taste (BM3 does not show any presets that I can tell).

BM3, Maxima and Zeeon have completed a major creative loop for me, much thanks!

PS. VST?

Nice to read all your great feedbacks!

The preset bar will be available in every host in 1.2 :)

Indeed VST could be very cool :D As mentioned here currently the plan is AUv3 only but this may change according to my availability the techno is quite different and implies some work on the UI.

• @Zen210507 said:
    For some projects in Auria Pro, RTM are using this where appropriate in preference to Fab Filters. Higher praise we cannot give.

There are no stupid questions but what do you mean by RTM ? :blush: :)

• edited February 2018

@FredAntonCorvest said:

>

RTM = Repulse the Monkey. The band I write lyrics for, and dabble with sound.

https://repulsethemonkey.bandcamp.com/

We are working on our third album, and this will feature some tracks on which Maxima has been used.

• @ageezz said:
    Love it. Using it in AUM on instrument channels.

With careful adjustment it is great at lifting synths with wide dynamic range sounds so that they sit better in the mix.

It is so intuitive that I tend not to use the presets that much - A couple of adjustments and it is good to go.

Not a problem but a couple of things that would be nice. Double tap on the gain to reset to 0dB and it would be nice that if you just touch a control (not moving it) you could get a visual feedback of the setting amount. You could then easily return there if you make an adjustment that does not sound as good.

Probably my most used FX. Great work.

You are a lot asking for this and indeed it will be a great features!

This change takes place in the common framework (home made) I use across all FAC apps. The modification is planned but with a lowest priority regarding the new app I'm cooking. So not included in 1.2 unfortunately. And yes already if you touch a knob you will get the value, have a look to the value label.

• @Zen210507 said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

>

RTM = Repulse the Monkey. The band I write lyrics for, and dabble with sound.

https://repulsethemonkey.bandcamp.com/

We are working on our third album, and this will feature some tracks on which Maxima has been used.

I'm listening to the tracks preview, great music!!

• @CracklePot said:
    This thing produces feedback, too? :p

I never finish anything, but that hasn’t stopped me from using this on various tracks. It is a similar experience to plugging in your real speakers after working from the built in speaker all session. Insta-fatness and super clean.

@FredAntonCorvest If you make it, I shall buy. B)

Ha ha Making what :D Adding feedback loop in Maxima signal path, that would be crazy :D

• @ALB said:
    I use it a lot in BM3, maybe too much. It’s difficult to not use it. I do wish it had the presets available when in BM3.

Included in 1.2 :)

• @Telefunky said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

This will be great indeed, I will seriously consider adding threshold line!

• edited February 2018

@FredAntonCorvest said:

>

Thanks, Fred. Much appreciated. :)

Will PM you when new work including Maxima tracks is released.

• @Janosax said:
    Very nice app, I use it on drums this can gives the same color and punch as Ableton Live compressors, it's also nice on synths pads and leads, it creates some rich textures. I use it often for quick mastering too, it gives good cohesion, like on this track: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/24702/madreeon#latest

Nice track! Love it!

@ALL
    Once again thank you all for your great feedbacks. A great source of motivation and inspiration!!!

• @Zen210507 said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

>

Thanks, Fred. Much appreciated. :)

Will PM you when new work including Maxima tracks is released.

Yes please!!! :)

• I would like to see some vocal presets, and maybe some tutorials for people like me who have no clue how to use it.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I would like to see some vocal presets, and maybe some tutorials for people like me who have no clue how to use it.

>

+1 for vocal presets.

As for using the app, the joy of Maxima is that it is easy to dabble with. In other words, none of us need special training, we just have to start with the nearest preset and fiddle until the result sounds good to us.