Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tech question: Korg Nanokey Studio Programming Dos and Don'ts

General question to Korg NanoKey Studio users about programming scenes via the Korg Editor Software. Is there anything you know now that you wish you knew before programming it? I'm about to give it a go and I'd like to know if you've found anything of great usefulness in terms of configurations or pitfalls to avoid.

My plan is to use the eight scenes to give the faders their own midi channel and increment the CCs numbers from 1-8. For the pads I'm going to remap them to play chromatically from C2-C5 across six scenes and use the remaining two scenes to make the pads act as the 9th CC for each of the 8 midi channels (to use as a mute button).

Do you think this will work? Are there any other mapping approaches I should be aware of? Something more complex perhaps? I remember the Korg Padkontrol had some very sophisticated functions using scene buttons. I'm wondering if anyone has managed to replicate functionality from another controller into a Nanokey Studio?

Should I post the resulting file if I'm successful?

Fun tip: the shift button works as a tap tempo button to get the timing of the Arps playing properly ;) You can also program your preferred tempo into the nanokey studio via the editor.

Comments

• One thing I noticed is that the knobs on the nanoKEY Studio have different knob assignments per scene from the factory so I have not bothered to re-assign them.

• @Samu said:
    One thing I noticed is that the knobs on the nanoKEY Studio have different knob assignments per scene from the factory so I have not bothered to re-assign them.

I thought assigning them to specific midi channels might cut down on potential bugs.

Care to elaborate on what you did change?

• @LucidMusicInc said:

Care to elaborate on what you did change?

I'm using the 'factory defaults' meaning no changes at all.

• edited February 2018

I see... well I don't like the pad assignments. I'm changing their note values and I'm reserving two scenes for them to act as CC triggers. Perhaps I'll leave the knobs alone.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    I see... well I don't like the pad assignments.

+100. I hate them. Not great at editing. Still love the controller. Has anyone here found downloadable scene maps? Studio and Queneo my fav controllers....complicated as hell to set up. Story of my life.