Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Control volume of hardware synth in AUM

Hi, I have a microkorg connected to an akai eie interface via quarter inch cable into a channel, have that channel selected in AUM but AUM doesn’t seem to have any control over the volume or muting of the microkorg (unless I use the microkorg’s Volume). Is there a way to set it up to be able to do so?

Comments

• Try putting any random effect on the track in AUM. If you don’t hear the effect being applied, then there is a good chance you are hearing your interface connected directly to your system output, bypassing AUM completely.
    There was a similar issue with the app BlocsWave. The solution was to open Blocs separately, and then load it into AUM. Maybe try something similar by plugging in your interface, and then launching AUM. Or launch AUM, then plug in your interface.

Also, as a side note, I have noticed weird switching happening when trying to use a mic or audio interface with headphones plugged into the iPad mini jack. My headphones have a RTS connector and every time I plug them in they switch my input from what I want to HD headset. The way to get around it is to make sure your headphones have only the stereo mini jack ( no third connection) or plug your headphones into a splitter on some other similar adapter that has only a 2 pole connecter.

• @CracklePot Tried the effect and no effect! So it’s definitely bypassing AUM. I also tried a different order and that didn’t make a difference, but I want to launch AUM after connecting everything anyway so I don’t have to remap all the midi. I’m using the audio out from the EIE, tried both headphones and out to an amp. Thanks for the help though!

• No problemo. I suggest you call in the big guns for assistance.
    Namely @j_liljedahl, as he knows all things AUM.

• I don't own the EIE but it sounds like you have Direct Monitoring turned on. Handy for no-latency tracking as it bypasses the computer/ipad but in this case you want to turn it off. The EIE may call it something different but I'd look in the manual for something like that.

• That’s it! Thanks so much @syrupcore!