Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ipad iOS7 and Alesis IO4 - Stuttering Audio

edited November 2013 in General App Discussion

I'm getting terribly unusable audio (stuttering, like it's caught on a sample) with my IO4 unless I unplug the CCK and plug it back in. Regularly. For instance, if I change an app in Audiobus, the stutter returns. Unplug, replug fixes it for a bit but after a while things go cooky again.

Are any other ios7/IO4 owners experiencing the same?

Comments

• edited November 2013

I haven't used mine a lot lately. Tonight I did some tests on Ipad3/IOS7.04. Playback was fine (I tested for an hour or so), but I didn't get any input during recording with it (which has always worked perfectly under IOS6).

EDIT: I just discovered that the programs I tried for recording didn't have access to the microphone... Will try again tomorrow.

EDIT2: Have been using my IO4 for over 4 hrs this evening for both playback from Dropbox and recording in Cubasis. Did not encounter any problem.

• Just to report back: I still have this problem. Works great for 15-20 minutes and then just craps out. If at any point I over tax the audio system (ipad 3 == easy to do), the sounds garbles and the only way to get it back to normal is the unplug/wait/replug dance.

Since @marinus has it working fine, perhaps mine is a bum unit. Between a 0% and 0% chance of getting Alesis to do anything about it though. I thought perhaps it was the CCK (genuine apple) but it works fine with other MIDI interfaces and I don't have another ipad compatible audio interface to test it with. Time for a new interface. :(

Works for hours at a time without a single hiccup with my Mac. Worked flawlessly for me in iOS6.

Feeling bad because I recommended this interface to people! Posting this as potential warning for future searchers.

• I haven't used mine much since iOS 7 landed but had no issues a few days ago on original iPad Mini 7.1.1. Didn't tax it too much as it was just me and a friend jamming for maybe 2-3hrs. I was running a guitar through JamUp, my mate had a guitar going straight into a channel with all his guitar pedals external so no input app and we had a mic all running through MTDAW.

Like you I've never had any issues on iOS6 or on my relevantly new iMac or my old MacBook. Hoping to have more spare time in the summer months to get recording so will post back if I come across any troubles

Overall. I would say the IO4 is great for its price and it's been all good for me so far but I always worry that it's not very robust and likely to fail at some point. It's crying out for a metallic housing