Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GRAND FINALE - Mastering App by KLEVGRAND - Coming Soon - iPad Demo

2»

Comments

• @mrufino1 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@djjuniorpops said:
    @thesoundtestroom ,Doug could you do any editing on the waveform, that’s a feature missing from all iOS mastering app.
    If it can’t be done , please developer , take note.
    Also iOS 11 drag and drop a file from the files app.

If you are editing the waveform, are you trying to master too early ?

Mastering is typically done at the end, after you mix, and editing is often part of that process, whether it's trimming beginnings and ends of files, doing fades, assembling album order, or making edits to change song length. Definitely needed in a mastering app and as mentioned, none of them have it on ios.

Audio mastering lets you trim and fade etc...

• @gusgranite said:
    A mastering engineer on FB ridiculed this by saying something like, ‘look, the EQ has bass AND treble...’.
    I don't think anyone will be saying an app beats a professional but it will be really interesting to hear what results this gets for non-professionals, etc.

Well, I see the term Professional as meaning making money from music production.

If this app makes the process simpler while still providing quality results then this could be deemed more "professional"?

Anyone dismissing anything out of hand based on the UI is providing the worthy service of letting people know they know nothing and should be treated as such in the future ... IMO, etc.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • When is this out?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@mrufino1 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@djjuniorpops said:
    @thesoundtestroom ,Doug could you do any editing on the waveform, that’s a feature missing from all iOS mastering app.
    If it can’t be done , please developer , take note.
    Also iOS 11 drag and drop a file from the files app.

If you are editing the waveform, are you trying to master too early ?

Mastering is typically done at the end, after you mix, and editing is often part of that process, whether it's trimming beginnings and ends of files, doing fades, assembling album order, or making edits to change song length. Definitely needed in a mastering app and as mentioned, none of them have it on ios.

Audio mastering lets you trim and fade etc...

True, it does. I haven't used it in a while, but I remember it was a little fiddly, not like a waveform editor. But it does work.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @Jocphone Just heard back from them and yes it is universal

Tempting then.

• edited February 2018

@gusgranite said:
    Klevgrand have gained a lot of trust with Brusfri. That is a standout app.

Brusfri is great. We use it at work on any noisy audio (air con, mic hum, noise floor etc) from video shoots.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@gusgranite said:
    Klevgrand have gained a lot of trust with Brusfri. That is a standout app.

Brusfri is great. We use it at work on any noisy audio (air con, mic hum, noise floor etc) from video shoots.

Ditto. Been a great and regularly useful addition.

• Just wanted to add my link now that it's live, in case anyone hasn't already got it
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grand-finale/id1294979704?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

• @Beathoven said:
    I think their main goal is to make the mastering task easy and accessible without being too complicated for the average lay sound engineer.

>

So this app is intended as competition to Final Touch, or the Wave IAP’s in Cubasis?

• Wish it was AU

• I think any kind of modern mastering solution should have LUFS metering, so that you can meter sensibly for streaming etc... Seems like a missed opportunity from otherwise great devellopers.

• @richardyot said:
    I think any kind of modern mastering solution should have LUFS metering, so that you can meter sensibly for streaming etc... Seems like a missed opportunity from otherwise great devellopers.

From the app store description:

Accurate RMS and LUFS metering (tap the meters to swap)

• @nrgb said:

@richardyot said:
    I think any kind of modern mastering solution should have LUFS metering, so that you can meter sensibly for streaming etc... Seems like a missed opportunity from otherwise great devellopers.

From the app store description:

Accurate RMS and LUFS metering (tap the meters to swap)

Ah - I stand corrected, thanks! That's really useful to know and a great feature to have.

• edited March 2018

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Just wanted to add my link now that it's live, in case anyone hasn't already got it
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grand-finale/id1294979704?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Thanks Doug, I’ve been holding off waiting for your link.
    Edit: just used this thing to finish a song, and it’s a great fit for me. I’ve got a totally fabfiltered Auria Pro and a totally waved Cubasis, and this gives me much better results much quicker. Mainly because I have no idea what I’m doing! Couple presets, spin some dials and boom. I don’t know if it’s an Abbey Road masterpiece, but they’ll unplug my life support machine long before I finally got everything exactly perfect on one of these other more involved units. My goal for mastering is being able to move on to the next number. Thanks Klevgrand and Doug!

• Broken app as of right now. Really sounds great though. Can’t export anything, no pop-up window after the render. This company is usually pretty good with fixes and updates though, right?

• So can we use this in AUM? The reviews on the App Store allude to this.

• @guidinglight said:
    Broken app as of right now. Really sounds great though. Can’t export anything, no pop-up window after the render. This company is usually pretty good with fixes and updates though, right?

Sadly yes. I do hope they are hard at work on a fix. This really is a wonderful piece of work, I’m learning a lot and hearing some great sounds.

• @db909 said:

@guidinglight said:
    Broken app as of right now. Really sounds great though. Can’t export anything, no pop-up window after the render. This company is usually pretty good with fixes and updates though, right?

Sadly yes. I do hope they are hard at work on a fix. This really is a wonderful piece of work, I’m learning a lot and hearing some great sounds.

I’ve just come back to use this after a break and ‘open in’ isn’t working / doing anything. Anyone else having the same problem?