Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What music are you making? Is it any good?

So I’ve decided to create a cover version of “In My Mind” from that Xewton Music Studio promo vid. Instead of the cheesy 90s eurodance style, I’ll be reshaping the track to be closer to modern dance. Whether it’ll be any good or not is to be determined, lol. Right now, it’s in preproduction (i.e. laying down a basic backing track and notating the vocals).

What about you lot? What are you all currently up to?

Comments

• Presets... Drum kits. Synth presets. Bass presets... you get the idea :(

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Presets... Drum kits. Synth presets. Bass presets... you get the idea :(

Did Splice or some other sample/preset company decide to tap your talents? :)

• I am on the fat of the milk and honey land, only the middle of the month and my SOTMC responsibilities are all done with. Nothing to do until The Fear kicks in again next month...

• edited February 2018

Working on third RTM album. Having fun with titles. Music coming along very nicely. Favourite tracks at the moment, ‘EVP’, a super spooky warning about messing with the occult, and ‘Valerian’, inspired by a dead rock star character in the novel ‘The Run-Out Groove’ by Andrew Cartmel.

• I’ve settled into 100% Gadget, created on my new iPhone on the journey in and out of work, where possible (sometimes too crowded to get the phone out from under the scarf and coat and everything, with gloves on).
    Then I move it over to Gadget on the Mac for tweakage, and then back to the iPhone and next day back to the Mac, back to the iPhone, etc.
    The iPad Pro doesn’t get a look in at all – I’m bypassing it altogether for music.

One thing that’s helping is a quick rough vocal scale of “baa”, “bee”, “boo” (probably not an accurate scale, and certainly wasn’t starting in the correct place for the scales I’m using in Gadget (F#, and F). I chopped up the separate samples in Audacity on the Mac and imported them into Bilbao as a set of my vocals, so that I can work out a vocal melody with a drum machine!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

I wish... although my AudioShare folder is growing larger each day. I ought to upload a promo pack this year.

More related to your intended question.., I'm undecided as to whether or not to release another Prog House album or try my hand at Liquid D&B. With these gritty sounding Classic Drum Machine samples I stumbled on, they inspire both.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

I wish... although my AudioShare folder is growing larger each day. I ought to upload a promo pack this year.

More related to your intended question.., I'm undecided as to whether or not to release another Prog House album or try my hand at Liquid D&B. With these gritty sounding Classic Drum Machine samples I stumbled on, they inspire both.

Maybe find a way to blend elements of both genres and see what you concoct. :)

• I left the band I was in last year due to commitments at home. My intention was to improve on the solo stuff I’d been working on for the past few years, give it more structure, and tun it into a proper thing.

Instead I’ve gone deep into weird arty noisemaking, which I’m now aware is acting as some kind of therapeutic escape from reality.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Instead I’ve gone deep into weird arty noisemaking, which I’m now aware is acting as some kind of therapeutic escape from reality.

>

The ultimate in self-help. :) Great, that you can work on your music, and simultaneously use it as a better part of life.

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

The ultimate in self-help. :) Great, that you can work on your music, and simultaneously use it as a better part of life.

it definitely helps, you can lose yourself in it and forget about all the shit flying around everywhere else.

• When you say Modern Dance, you mean strict tempo, Victor Silvester style yes?

As for what we're doing, currently picking songs from our past and ruining them as efficaciously as we can.

• I’m about halfway finished with my next rock album. I’ve hit a major stumbling block on the lyrics. All the synth talk around here has inspired me to include at least one track with some bits I recorded while playing around with Model 15.

• encenc
    edited February 2018

What music are you making?

Oldschool electro and ambient dance (100 percent hardware) :)

Is it any good ?

Not really :|

• Finally a decent thread to contribute to.

I'm still creatively and musically involved with my newish band of dads Papa Nui. After the summer gigging we've decided to spend winter writing. It took us 3 or 4 sessions to get going but now it is great to be working on songs together..

When I'm not doing that I'm fiddling with new Fleksi live set. I've composed some 30 tracks that I now have to weed out to about 8 and then work on those with the drummer.

Then I got a message from my old band mates from another creative groove based project. Going to London for a jam. That should be interesting too!.

No way I can afford keeping all three going being a father of two small kids but being away from them makes me appreciate the family life more, for most part ;)

• Trying to make some weird ambient/death metal hybrid. Is it good? Hell no!

• I hit keys and see what happens - it’s probably totally pants, but I enjoy it so that’s all that counts :)

• I went through all of my BM3 sketches from the past six months and settled on eight to work on together as a collection. Going to just finish it all in BM3. The more I use it, the less point I see in exporting stems to a daw now for finishing. The amount of desk bound effort that would add just does not feel worth it anymore as I can be very happy with the results just from BM3. Sure I miss some of the sexy fx and tools on PC but I can sample laptop VSTs easily enough. Anyway...

70-90bpm but don't know how to describe it. Zeeon plays a big part. Whatever words I throw at it though just doesn't stick very well. I guess it is all small bits of inspiration/influences but without leaning much on any of them. Not sure if that works mostly for it or against it. It is either a decent mosaic or a puddle of grey mixed muddy paint. No idea.

• @AudioGus said:
    I went through all of my BM3 sketches from the past six months and settled on eight to work on together as a collection. Going to just finish it all in BM3. The more I use it, the less point I see in exporting stems to a daw now for finishing. The amount of desk bound effort that would add just does not feel worth it anymore as I can be very happy with the results just from BM3. Sure I miss some of the sexy fx and tools on PC but I can sample laptop VSTs easily enough. Anyway...

70-90bpm but don't know how to describe it. Zeeon plays a big part. Whatever words I throw at it though just doesn't stick very well. I guess it is all small bits of inspiration/influences but without leaning much on any of them. Not sure if that works mostly for it or against it. It is either a decent mosaic or a puddle of grey mixed muddy paint. No idea.

Haha just getting stuff off of the iPad whether through Dropbox or iCloud or iTunes isn't worth the bother for me when I've got GarageBand, Cubasis, BM3, etc. Especially ITunes which is a monsterous chore :D

• @AudioGus said:

Maybe give it a beat and call it Z-step or z-wave.

• 4 bar loops.

• Farts in an Echo Chamber.

• edited February 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AudioGus said:

Maybe give it a beat and call it Z-step or z-wave.

Hmmmm, it has beats but it sounds neither steppy nor wavey though...

...step and wave as genre names to me imply sexiness or coolness which I am completely genetically predisposed to never have. It is more like world/new age music without the heritage or legacy of exotic sounds to draw from; and jazz without any theory or playing ability what so ever; plus glitch-hop without sexy cool culturaly relevant contemporary funkiness or even many fx, haha; and avante garde/industrial without the challenging ideas or intesity of sounds; all mixed with a hint of electro without too much of a clue as to what actually makes electro electro. The tracks are consistent though...

...maybe Z-dork. ;).

• Dabbling this morning with something inspired by Paul Stanley describing how he co-wrote one of the better known Kiss tracks.

Sounds nothing like them, no point in carbon copying, but it does have a nicely rough rock edge, mixed in with other stuff. :)

• Currently picking songs from our past and ruining them as....Ah, what does ‘efficaciously’ mean Joc? Hope it’s something naughty. :)

• So far this year, one song per week over at WeeklyBeats.com. Prior to that only a billion 4-16 bar loops.

Is it good? It doesn’t all totally suck, much to my surprise. Nothing ever as good as I’d like it to be, and most with really bad mixing issues. But no time to look in the rear view mirror.

• Working on 4 songs concurrently - all synth drenched spacey rock. Are they any good? Not really for me to say! I think they are taking shape nicely but all have a long way to go (as usual, time is my enemy)

• Really long pieces built around phasing. M15, Ripplemaker.Working on accompanying vids now. Hoping the gang here will tell me if they’re rubbish or not.....

• @Bluepunk said:
    Currently picking songs from our past and ruining them as....Ah, what does ‘efficaciously’ mean Joc? Hope it’s something naughty. :)

Just speaking in the highfalutin manner our music deserves :smile:

• Still trying to do something more guitar centric and played rather than programmed...but once I pick up the iPad I get distracted by all the shiny synths, samplers, loop players and sequencers......it's an ongoing battle that is still running after almost 30 years :D

Some good, some shi......not so good

• About to record my last music track on the 4th piece of a four song ambient-type album. First thing I’m mixing and mastering for real; I feel good about it. It’s a really good album.