Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video..Mellotronics M3000 HD 50th Anniversary Edition...lots of new stuff

This update is great, midi is very cool now, and although I don't mention it in the demo, the reverb is superb..I do love retro..

Comments

• Really nice video and app... that pad feature really adds something!

But I'm wondering...a few days ago another app called Mellotron XL by Markus Resch was released that claims to be the only one to use the original master recordings.

I suppose that the original melotron company split up into two lineages?
    btw. I don't own either app (yet).

• M3000 was made in collaboration with Streetly Electronics, the resurrected original mellotron manufacturer. http://www.omenie.com/M3000_50th/FAQ.html

Mellotron XL is from a Canadian company who bought the rights to the mellotron name when Streetly went out of business in the 80s. They appear to be using reworked versions of the original master tapes, which were in better condition than the working tapes used by Streetly.
    http://www.mellotron.com/rework.htm

However, only M3000 is on the bus...

• Wasn't there another thread on here recently stating that the M3000 samples were out of tune?

• The Super Manetron is another very good sim of an Mellotron..thats almost like playing the real thing..whats nice about the M3000 is it does stuff the machine just never did...the samples are good quality, but that was never the point..I think the fact that you can hear the history, literally in every voice is great..add that to something you have made and you get a new flavor in the mix...lay a very modern sequence down, maybe from Nave or Thor...then slap some M3000 Strings or choir in and you have something very interesting going on...

• Thanks guys. That's good to know. I think i got Manetron either for very cheap or free a while back and, while i LOVE the mellotron sound, i could never find a good spot for Manetron in my projects. I guess that's why!

Will definitely look into M3000.

• Hi guys, M3000 developer here. Regarding the 'out of tune' question, there was a problem with a few high notes on the Piano voice, that was fixed in the last update. But remember, these are real tapes, and sometimes the performances were out of tune - some of the notes are dissonant, that's in the nature of the beast, but the real howlers have been corrected (for example the cello was always a little flat, that whole voice has been pitched up).

And regarding the quality and provenance of Streetly's recordings, the M3000 tapes are from Streetly's 'copy masters'. These are pristine versions of the tapes that are the final generation of copy before being transferred to a mellotron chassis. They are the real deal, are identically the same tapes that are currently used to make Streetly's M4000 tape replay machine, and they sound fabulous - that's why we're in partnership, because their tapes are legitimate and sound absolutely amazing.

• @omeniesoftware the comments at this forum regarding out of tune Mellotrons have nearly all been directed at Super Manetron. I don't recall reading any about your fine app. I bought your app after having found SM unusable. As I have stated on this website before, IMHO M3000 is vastly superior to SM. Thanks and keep up the good work.