Rozeta LFO in Beatmaker 3 - help requested...

ALBALB
edited February 14 in Support and Feedback Vote Up0

After a number of timid attempts, I've been diving manfully into Beatmaker 3 more and more lately and really liking what I'm getting. As part of my self-training, I've been using the Rozeta suite as plugins in BM3. The note-based midi Rozeta stuff (Collider, Rhythm, Bassline, etc.) I've been getting to work just fine. However, I'm having trouble with the LFO and "pointing" it to change the correct cc parameters on other AU synths. Unlike when using the LFO in AUM where it's dead easy to assign (for example) LFO midi CC 15 to any parameter of an AU synth, I am having a difficult time pointing the CC message to the correct parameter in BM3, as these are not readily revealed as they are in AUM. Any ideas? Head beginning to hurt.

Comments

  • 16 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • Bumping, in case someone knows the answer. Thanks...

  • I was tinkering around, and I think it might be through the Macro knobs. But I didn’t get it to work yet, so I am watching this thread hoping to gain some enlightenment on this mystery as well.

  • @CracklePot said:
    I was tinkering around, and I think it might be through the Macro knobs. But I didn’t get it to work yet, so I am watching this thread hoping to gain some enlightenment on this mystery as well.

    Yeah - I was messing with the macro knobs as well, thinking this might be the solution. If it is, I haven't quite gotten to the point where I've made the right connection. I must say that I really figured out some very useful things about BM3, but automating cc's (and using Rozeta LFO specifically) is not one of them.

    AUM is soooo easy in this regard.

  • Yeah - I was messing with the macro knobs as well, thinking this might be the solution. If it is, I haven't quite gotten to the point where I've made the right connection. I must say that I really figured out some very useful things about BM3, but automating cc's (and using Rozeta LFO specifically) is not one of them.

    AUM is soooo easy in this regard.

    Actually, I just figured out how to automate CCs - much easier than I thought. Sort of buried in the pick list of automations but there. Would still like to use Rozeta LFO in some way in BM3 if possible.

  • @ALB said:

    Yeah - I was messing with the macro knobs as well, thinking this might be the solution. If it is, I haven't quite gotten to the point where I've made the right connection. I must say that I really figured out some very useful things about BM3, but automating cc's (and using Rozeta LFO specifically) is not one of them.

    AUM is soooo easy in this regard.

    Actually, I just figured out how to automate CCs - much easier than I thought. Sort of buried in the pick list of automations but there. Would still like to use Rozeta LFO in some way in BM3 if possible.

    Sorry, I only have time for a pic but this may help... you can use rozeta to control your macros...

    Oh, also I was using it recently and had an issue where it only sent to the bank I had selected.

    Also, the intua forum is a great place for such things... https://intua.net/forums/

  • @AudioGus - many thanks! Posted at the Intua forum but did not yet get a response, so I decided to try my luck here. Glad I did!

  • @AudioGus said:

    @ALB said:

    Yeah - I was messing with the macro knobs as well, thinking this might be the solution. If it is, I haven't quite gotten to the point where I've made the right connection. I must say that I really figured out some very useful things about BM3, but automating cc's (and using Rozeta LFO specifically) is not one of them.

    AUM is soooo easy in this regard.

    Actually, I just figured out how to automate CCs - much easier than I thought. Sort of buried in the pick list of automations but there. Would still like to use Rozeta LFO in some way in BM3 if possible.

    Sorry, I only have time for a pic but this may help... you can use rozeta to control your macros...

    Oh, also I was using it recently and had an issue where it only sent to the bank I had selected.

    Also, the intua forum is a great place for such things... https://intua.net/forums/

    Focus actions are for things 'in focus' (selected) so yes it will work but only on the focused macro.

  • @Samplemunch said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @ALB said:

    Yeah - I was messing with the macro knobs as well, thinking this might be the solution. If it is, I haven't quite gotten to the point where I've made the right connection. I must say that I really figured out some very useful things about BM3, but automating cc's (and using Rozeta LFO specifically) is not one of them.

    AUM is soooo easy in this regard.

    Actually, I just figured out how to automate CCs - much easier than I thought. Sort of buried in the pick list of automations but there. Would still like to use Rozeta LFO in some way in BM3 if possible.

    Sorry, I only have time for a pic but this may help... you can use rozeta to control your macros...

    Oh, also I was using it recently and had an issue where it only sent to the bank I had selected.

    Also, the intua forum is a great place for such things... https://intua.net/forums/

    Focus actions are for things 'in focus' (selected) so yes it will work but only on the focused macro.

    Ahh I see, thanks! Is there a way to get something like Rozeta LFO 'permanently' sending to a Zeeon parameter then?

  • Does Zeeon have its own built in MIDI CC like Poison, Poison you triple click a control, see what its CC is, then assign the LFO to that and it works perfectly.

  • I tried just to see what was all the fuss about. It took me like 2 minutes to get it going.
    Load zeeon, load Rozeta, set midi in for zeeon’s Bank, leave just one of the lfos active, go to zeeon>tools>midilearn>select the control you want to learn, done.

  • ALBALB
    edited February 15 Vote Up0

    @AudioGus - it worked! Many thanks.
    @mschenkel.it - haven’t tried this but it seems a bit easier. Will see... thanks!

  • @mschenkel.it
    It worked like a charm.

  • @mschenkel.it said:
    I tried just to see what was all the fuss about. It took me like 2 minutes to get it going.
    Load zeeon, load Rozeta, set midi in for zeeon’s Bank, leave just one of the lfos active, go to zeeon>tools>midilearn>select the control you want to learn, done.

    yup, that does work easily for a single LFO.

    The trickier part is to get all three Rozeta LFO waves going to three seperate Zeeon knobs and also recieving notes from something like Rozeta Particles or Bassline.

  • @AudioGus said:

    @mschenkel.it said:
    I tried just to see what was all the fuss about. It took me like 2 minutes to get it going.
    Load zeeon, load Rozeta, set midi in for zeeon’s Bank, leave just one of the lfos active, go to zeeon>tools>midilearn>select the control you want to learn, done.

    yup, that does work easily for a single LFO.

    The trickier part is to get all three Rozeta LFO waves going to three seperate Zeeon knobs and also recieving notes from something like Rozeta Particles or Bassline.

    Yes - true. In which case, the Focus Actions to Macro route seems like the way to go.

  • @AudioGus said:

    @mschenkel.it said:
    I tried just to see what was all the fuss about. It took me like 2 minutes to get it going.
    Load zeeon, load Rozeta, set midi in for zeeon’s Bank, leave just one of the lfos active, go to zeeon>tools>midilearn>select the control you want to learn, done.

    yup, that does work easily for a single LFO.

    The trickier part is to get all three Rozeta LFO waves going to three seperate Zeeon knobs and also recieving notes from something like Rozeta Particles or Bassline.

    Unfortunately Rozeta does not support MIDI thru, so you wont be able to do this unless multiple MIDI inputs per pad are implemented in Beatmaker.

  • @ALB said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @mschenkel.it said:
    I tried just to see what was all the fuss about. It took me like 2 minutes to get it going.
    Load zeeon, load Rozeta, set midi in for zeeon’s Bank, leave just one of the lfos active, go to zeeon>tools>midilearn>select the control you want to learn, done.

    yup, that does work easily for a single LFO.

    The trickier part is to get all three Rozeta LFO waves going to three seperate Zeeon knobs and also recieving notes from something like Rozeta Particles or Bassline.

    Yes - true. In which case, the Focus Actions to Macro route seems like the way to go.

    @Samplemunch said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @mschenkel.it said:
    I tried just to see what was all the fuss about. It took me like 2 minutes to get it going.
    Load zeeon, load Rozeta, set midi in for zeeon’s Bank, leave just one of the lfos active, go to zeeon>tools>midilearn>select the control you want to learn, done.

    yup, that does work easily for a single LFO.

    The trickier part is to get all three Rozeta LFO waves going to three seperate Zeeon knobs and also recieving notes from something like Rozeta Particles or Bassline.

    Unfortunately Rozeta does not support MIDI thru, so you wont be able to do this unless multiple MIDI inputs per pad are implemented in Beatmaker.

    Yah, the macro route does work for this but unfortunately they are 'focus actions' and require the bank to be selected. At least now we can queue specific tracks to record though so it is functional.

Sign In or Register to comment.