Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Delayed start in elastic drums through AUM?

edited February 2018 in General App Discussion

I’m noticing that if I have elastic drums loaded via IAA in AUM there is a one bar delay after clicking play in AUM (in addition to the normal one bar init). I don’t notice this in BM3. Can anyone else confirm they see this?

Comments

• So it’s not just the delay waiting for the next bar for Link?

• @soundshaper said:
    So it’s not just the delay waiting for the next bar for Link?

Yea, it ends up being two bars instead of the normal one bar (or whatever was remaining of that bar when you hit play). BM3 seems to kick it off properly.

• I looked more into this and realized it might be what you are suggesting. BM3 is not using link for sync. When I load into AUM it is using Link. I disabled Link and now elastic drums kicks up right away at the end of the initial bar. Have I just not noticed this with other Link enabled apps? It seems like I’ve seen IAA and Link apps not sync or maybe sync tempo but ignore play/stop from master. I’m not sure if that’s just because the developer can control what parts of the spec are supported? Anyways, thanks for pointing me in a proper direction to investigate. Now I can get back to jamming!

• You might also check the "sync quantum" in AUM if you do want to use Link. That could be set to two bars. But, no need for link if you're using IAA sync anyway.

• How about the pre-roll setting. Or does that only effect recording? Have never used that feature myself, but the name makes it seem like a likely culprit, so just throwing it out there.