Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best midi finger pads?

So whats the softest, quietest, and most responsive midi finger pads that work via ios?

Comments

• Anyone try a Seaboard with drum/percussion apps?

• The seabord Block i ment

• Get the Impaktor app and it might scratch your finger drumming itch for a lot less money.

• Akai MPD range probably, there's some reviews comparing different models here:

http://www.xpresspads.com/finger-drumming-video/

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Get the Impaktor app and it might scratch your finger drumming itch for a lot less money.

^^^ This ^^^

Impaktor can be used past its basic concept. Which was that you'd tap on whatever surface it is on, letting the microphone pick up the signal, and listen via headphones. But if needed it can be used through speakers by triggering it with a basic e-drum pad or even a homemade piezo trigger (I've used both). Plug that into your ios device using a cheap iRig and you're ready to go. My first effort was using an old Yamaha e-drum pad, and I was quite surprised as to how sensitive it could be just tapping with fingers.

• I agree about Impaktor being an impressive little instrument but seems to me that it wasn't what OP was asking for.

I reckon generally soft isn't quite best for finger drumming. Novation seem to favour soft pads but they're also quite small which I personally didn't find great for drumming. Akai ones as in lpd 8 do a great job and are dirt cheap. Quneo also had nice pads as far as I remember.

• edited February 2018

BopPad.

• Korg padKONTROL is great. Very sensitive for really dynamic drumming.

http://www.korg.com/us/products/computergear/padkontrol/

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    BopPad.

I'd say this, though the Akai videos were damn impressive

• Sensel morph, it’s very sensitive. I had a Roli lightpad block, and this blows it away. plus they just releases and update that allows you to adjust sensitivity to your personal preferences.

• @bsantoro said:
    Korg padKONTROL is great. Very sensitive for really dynamic drumming.

http://www.korg.com/us/products/computergear/padkontrol/

Love the padkontrol. More sensitive pads than the AKAI MPDs. The MPD you have to hit pretty hard, and in the center of the pad. Korg used a different technology that makes the response even, up to the edges of the pad, and it makes them have the ability to be noticeably more sensitive.

• Akai makes the best feeling pads in my opinion

• @eross said:
    Sensel morph, it’s very sensitive. I had a Roli lightpad block, and this blows it away. plus they just releases and update that allows you to adjust sensitivity to your personal preferences.

How well can it be configured for different MIDI messages etc ?

• @Samplemunch said:

@eross said:
    Sensel morph, it’s very sensitive. I had a Roli lightpad block, and this blows it away. plus they just releases and update that allows you to adjust sensitivity to your personal preferences.

How well can it be configured for different MIDI messages etc ?

very easily. that is one of the main selling points for me. On the Roli lightpad i had, the setup interface was very convoluted and took forever. On Sensel. you basically click on a key, and every parameter mapped to that key is shown at the bottom and can easily be changed. After you make your changes you send it to the sensel. you can save it to the menu to the left side of the screen to be easily pulled up and/or modified as you wish. it’s very fast

• @breilly said:
    So whats the softest, quietest, and most responsive midi finger pads that work via ios?

The pads of my Zoom AR-96, they connect to the iPad via Bluetooth LE, great for drumming they even send aftertouch, as well as axis cc messages, but not so cool playing melodically.