Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mission to reclaim the AU

edited February 2018 in Other

I had never heard of AU being used as the abbreviation for Astronomical Unit until last week. Call me stupid!
Us iOS geeks have a hard enough time as it is, getting developers to adopt AU (or to give it the correct title, Audio Unit), without scientists and NASA getting in on the act!
Reclaim AU!

Comments

• And before anyone else says it, yes I know that AU is gold!

• But even the name “Apple” is stolen from the Beatles. Never been too original in their naming. They tried to copyright the term “Apps” as well. :D

• A G I don't know........................ ;)

• wimwim
    edited February 2018

The term Astronomical Unit was AUv1. Audio Unit Extensions are AUv3, which is appropriate considering the obvious advancement in importance to mankind.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    A G I don't know........................ ;)

Silver to you :|

• @CracklePot said:
    But even the name “Apple” is stolen from the Beatles. Never been too original in their naming. They tried to copyright the term “Apps” as well. :D

How anyone could copyright Apple was ridiculous. But hey ho.
    Nothing is original these days.

• @wim said:
    The term Astronomical Unit was AUv1. Audio Unit Extensions are AUv3, which is appropriate considering the obvious advancement in importance to mankind.

:D
    I wonder what happened to version 2?
    What wonders could V4 hold?!

• @DefRobot said:
    What wonders could V4 hold?!

Sadly, it doesn’t include a headphone jack.

• Just a small correction - Au is gold, very different from AU!

• @CracklePot said:
    But even the name “Apple” is stolen from the Beatles. Never been too original in their naming. They tried to copyright the term “Apps” as well. :D

The apple got stolen from the trees actually. The capitalism is so advanced they even claim existing names as their own.

Go and make up your own, there's plenty of letters in the alphabet!