Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• edited February 2018

They're quoting $86.65 with shipping to the US. Nice.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

It sure is! $149.95 at Sweetwater, wow!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/U24

• Great deal.

• Got mine from here last week. Work with the iPad perfectly including with battery power and a USB hub. Perfect for portable recording

• @fprintf said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

That's great, truly. But is it at all dodgy? I get that it's not ordering fake Bape hoodies from China, but ....

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@fprintf said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

That's great, truly. But is it at all dodgy? I get that it's not ordering fake Bape hoodies from China, but ....

It’s legit. I payed through PayPal. Got here quick too. It’s the real Zoom Interface with the manual and booklets. Updated the drivers from the zoom website too

• edited February 2018

@YZJustDatGuy said:
    It’s legit. I payed through PayPal. Got here quick too. It’s the real Zoom Interface with the manual and booklets. Updated the drivers from the zoom website too

Great to hear, I just paid via PayPal myself and it should be here in the US sometime at the end of next week. It really is a smoking deal!

edit: Not only was it a smoking deal but I ordered this on Wednesday evening, paid the standard, if relatively expensive shipping but still reasonable as a total deal, and it was delivered here in the Northeast US by Friday at 3 pm. I am just totally amazed with this deal and with the way this unit works! It sounds awesome.

• Here’s proof lol

• it’s a rock with iPad Pro

• The U44 is going for £79.99 also

• edited February 2018

@AndyPlankton said:
    The U44 is going for £79.99 also

That's a big price drop - I'd be interested if it didn't require the additional module for the extra 2 inputs.

Did you get the R16 Andy?

• edited February 2018

@AndyPlankton said:

Yes, I had that one but the 4 in 4 out statement isn't entirely true as you will need an add on to be able to use the other 2 (3 and 4) analogue audio ins. There's only coaxial and optical (both digital) ins built in.

You'll need this

https://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Zoom-APH6XLR-H6-XLR-TRS-Capsule/UYO

to make it truly 4 in 4 out.

• @supadom said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Yes, I had that one but the 4 in 4 out statement isn't entirely true as you will need an add on to be able to use the other 2 (3 and 4) analogue audio ins. There's only coaxial and optical (both digital) ins built in.

You'll need this

https://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Zoom-APH6XLR-H6-XLR-TRS-Capsule/UYO

Ahhh thanks for that, I wouldn't have realised, was very close to pulling the trigger on this.

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

That's a big price drop - I'd be interested if it didn't require the additional module for the extra 2 inputs.

No.....was still very much in 2 minds until yesterday when I spotted an ebay auction for an Air 2 going fairly cheap with minutes to spare, I bid and won....
    It was the whole sync thing that held me back on the R16/24....no SPP would have become tiresome I'm sure.
    Time will tell if this was a sensible decision or not :D

Now looking for an interface to complement it and give me more inputs......I was eyeing the Behringer 404HD.....but then spotted these yesterday.

i see from your post yesterday that your mate hasn't even set his up yet :|

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

No.....was still very much in 2 minds until yesterday when I spotted an ebay auction for an Air 2 going fairly cheap with minutes to spare, I bid and won....
    It was the whole sync thing that held me back on the R16/24....no SPP would have become tiresome I'm sure.

Now looking for an interface to complement it and give me more inputs......I was eyeing the Behringer 404HD.....but then spotted these yesterday.

Yeah I've been eyeing up the Behringer too.

He's taking an age to set things up, he's had some Rokit monitors delivered too. I think he's waiting for me to go and set it up for him.

I have to say I was impressed with the build of the R16 - the faders and knobs feel really nice, and though plastic the body is solid. A couple of things put me off after reading reviews though - using it for overdubs is really finicky, you have to assign a separate channel for each one, and it's age - it's about ten years old now so I worry abut future compatibility. If I was still in a band though I'd get it, as being able to record jam sessions and gigs on 8 tracks, then transfer to PC for overdubs/mixing, would be a really cool thing.

For my own stuff I only really need four channels in - no onboard recording (though it'd be nice), and a decent way to mix the inputs. Something light and portable. I'll have another look at the UMC404HD today..

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

He's taking an age to set things up, he's had some Rokit monitors delivered too. I think he's waiting for me to go and set it up for him.

I have to say I was impressed with the build of the R16 - the faders and knobs feel really nice, and though plastic the body is solid. A couple of things put me off after reading reviews though - using it for overdubs is really finicky, you have to assign a separate channel for each one, and it's age - it's about ten years old now so I worry abut future compatibility. If I was still in a band though I'd get it, as being able to record jam sessions and gigs on 8 tracks, then transfer to PC for overdubs/mixing, would be a really cool thing.

For my own stuff I only really need four channels in - no onboard recording (though it'd be nice), and a decent way to mix the inputs. Something light and portable. I'll have another look at the UMC404HD today..

My boss has had some Rokit monitors stashed in boxes from new downstairs in the store room, he doesn't know what they are, just calls them speakers. He has put them on ebay I believe.....I did offer to store them for him for free, but he declined my what I thought was a very generous offer :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

My boss has had some Rokit monitors stashed in boxes from new downstairs in the store room, he doesn't know what they are, just calls them speakers. He has put them on ebay I believe.....I did offer to store them for him for free, but he declined my what I thought was a very generous offer :D

:) I’ll give him fifty quid for them!

• edited February 2018

@YZJustDatGuy said:

Here’s proof lol

Just a question, how do you hook up Zoom to an iPhone 7 with only lighting connector? Can you use the standard cable that comes with the charger or do you need a special cable?

• @greengrocer said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

Here’s proof lol

Just a question, how do you hook up Zoom to an iPhone 7 with only lighting connector? Can you use the standard cable that comes with the charger or do you need a special cable?

I use the USB 3 Camera Connection Kit

• @YZJustDatGuy said:

@greengrocer said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

Here’s proof lol

Thanks! Great to hear that that works. Always understood that a load of usb mixers won't work with the camera connection kit.

• @supadom said:

@AndyPlankton said:

You'll need this

Pulled the trigger on the U44, great for this price and worth the £20 extra for the expandability :)

Although the extra 2 inputs are digital unless you get the capsule, still could be useful especially when using with a laptop. Although I read elsewhere that disappointingly the ipad can't use these as extra inputs, but a laptop can I should think.

• @Carnbot said:

Although the extra 2 inputs are digital unless you get the capsule, still could be useful especially when using with a laptop. Although I read elsewhere that disappointingly the ipad can't use these as extra inputs, but a laptop can I should think.

:open_mouth: Thanks for the heads up on that...I'd have been very dissappointed to find that post purchase.

• I bought the u44 and it’s pretty awesome. Along with the ravpower battery pack I can now run the u44 into my Mac, have the battery into my cck3 on the iPad, then I plug the behringer Uca 202 optical into the u44 and play the iPad into logic. It works beautifully.
    Really nice to be able to play swam Inst. through effects and into logic..

• @greengrocer said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

@greengrocer said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:

Here’s proof lol

Thanks! Great to hear that that works. Always understood that a load of usb mixers won't work with the camera connection kit.

Yea no problem. Most class compliant interfaces work just fine. I also have a focusrite Scarlett that works on iOS as well. The inputs and outputs read fine in the DAWs I use. Most companies specify if it works with iOS or not

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Carnbot said:

:open_mouth: Thanks for the heads up on that...I'd have been very dissappointed to find that post purchase.

Yeah, but then you can still add extra analog inputs for the iPad if you get the capsule later on. Plus as mentioned above you can use the iPad or another iOS device into a Laptop with the UCA202 or something similar. Something I’ll be doing for sure. :)

• @Carnbot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Carnbot said:

Yeah, but then you can still add extra analog inputs for the iPad if you get the capsule later on. Plus as mentioned above you can use the iPad or another iOS device into a Laptop with the UCA202 or something similar. Something I’ll be doing for sure. :)

Ahhh OK, so it is the digital inputs you can't use on iOS ? and if you get the capsule for the analogue ones you can use them ?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Carnbot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Carnbot said:

Ahhh OK, so it is the digital inputs you can't use on iOS ? and if you get the capsule for the analogue ones you can use them ?

As far as I know yes. It should see the capsule inputs, just can’t use the digital ones.

• @Carnbot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Carnbot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Carnbot said:

As far as I know yes. It should see the capsule inputs, just can’t use the digital ones.

And actually, I’m not totally sure if the ipad can’t use these optical inputs, just going off a review on Sweetwater website, so maybe there’s a workaround. Will have to experiment when I get hold of it :)

• @Carnbot said:

@Carnbot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Carnbot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Carnbot said:

And actually, I’m not totally sure if the ipad can’t use these optical inputs, just going off a review on Sweetwater website, so maybe there’s a workaround. Will have to experiment when I get hold of it :)

Be interested hearing how you get on, I’d be very tempted by this if I could feed in 4 inputs without the add-on.

Would a pc pick up all four?

• @MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:

@Carnbot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Carnbot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Carnbot said:

Be interested hearing how you get on, I’d be very tempted by this if I could feed in 4 inputs without the add-on.

Would a pc pick up all four?

Should do I’m hoping, but won’t be able to test the optical input for a while until I get hold of some other parts. I just ordered a cheap hdmi audio splitter to see if it will work with that.