Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi and Beatmaker 3 drivning me crazy

How do I get this thing I’m trying to do to work?

Im having a drum Kit that I load in one bank. And the Rozeta Ryhthm in another bank. Now I want the drumbank pads get triggered by the pattern from Rozeta. And I choose:
Rozeta in midi in in the bank for the drums. But the Rozeta just triggers the selected pad choosen in the drumbank. I think I’ve tried everything now with in and out in midi settings but with no luck. Please help me before I shoot myself and get rid of my stupidity!

Comments

• edited February 2018

Do the note numbers in Rozeta Rhythm correspond to the pad-note numbers in the bank you're trying to trigger?

First a few settings in Rozeta X0X (Same applies to all Rozeta plug-ins, note numbers and midi-channel).

Then we need to select the channel/midi-port the bank with the drums listens to.

Do note that in BM3 'Pad 1' is Midi note 0.

Hope it helps...

1.jpeg 286.5K
    2.jpeg 288.7K
    3.jpeg 210.1K
    4.jpeg 212.5K
  • wimwim
    edited February 2018

You will need a couple of things if you haven't tried them already.

• Either change the input to channel 10, or change the Rozeta settings from channel 1 to 10
    • In BM3's settings > Settings and Behaviors, set "Route all MIDI to select pad (omni)" to OFF.
    • Set Roseta to use the Beatmaker 3 template

[nvm See simultaneous - and much more helpful - post above ^}

• THANK YOU SO MUCH @wim and @Samu

Now its getting fun again.

This topic should be pinned somewhere for noobs like me.

• We're just glad you didn't shoot yourself. That is way too messy.

• @wim said:

[nvm See simultaneous - and much more helpful - post above ^}

Your post is equally helpful!
    It made me discover that there was already a BM3 preset in Rozeta that I had completely missed ;)

There is another thread here that causes some frustrations too.
    Cubasis has a somewhat limited note-range so it can not trigger Pad 1(Midi-Note 0)in BM3.
    The lowest note in Cubasis is C0 and that triggers Pad 25 in BM3...

• @samu I was struggling with this just this morning as well. I didn’t see where the info about pads and Midi note numbers is in the manual. How did you figure that one out? Anyway, thanks for filling me in on that little, somewhat important bit of information. B)

@wim @marcuspresident Thank you to you both as well. I may have shot myself too, had I not encountered this topic. ;)

• @CracklePot said:
    I didn’t see where the info about pads and Midi note numbers is in the manual. How did you figure that one out?

It's been like that since BM2. Pad 1 == Midi-Note 0
    That's the only way to cover 128 pads per midi-channel.

I just triggered midi-note C0 from Cubasis and switched BM3 into 64 pads mode and checked which pad lit up :)
    (I sent data from Cubasis to the BM3 port and in BM3 I had to enable Cubasis port for Midi Input before I could assign it to the bank).

• Now, that was great for Rozeta’s xox... but how do you do the same for Future Drummer... anyone?

• Another newbie helped greatly by this post - thanks so much!

• @hlprmnky said:
    Another newbie helped greatly by this post - thanks so much!

Another prevented suicide

• @RajahP said:
    Now, that was great for Rozeta’s xox... but how do you do the same for Future Drummer... anyone?

Don’t have Future drummer but if you can change the notes it sends to BM3 the same procedure should work.

If you’re driving Future Drummer using Rozeta make sure the note numbers match in both apps.

• Hello everyone

Do you know how to play BM 3 chords with korg module (Scarbee) in IAA?

One note is played while the chord is played

I had the same problem with syntronik in IAA

• Unfortunately the chord function only works for samples, not for IAA apps.

• @wim said:
    Unfortunately the chord function only works for samples, not for IAA apps.

Just tried with Alina IAA and pads as au with no issue at all

• @mschenkel.it said:

@wim said:
    Unfortunately the chord function only works for samples, not for IAA apps.

Just tried with Alina IAA and pads as au with no issue at all

I stand corrected. It must have been changed in an update since I last tried.

Confirmed. I can get it to work with BeatHawk AU and IAA, but not with Module. Module only plays single notes. This is probably something best looked into on the Intua forum.

• edited February 2018

@Samu said:

@RajahP said:
    Now, that was great for Rozeta’s xox... but how do you do the same for Future Drummer... anyone?

Don’t have Future drummer but if you can change the notes it sends to BM3 the same procedure should work.

If you’re driving Future Drummer using Rozeta make sure the note numbers match in both apps.

Just can't seem to get this one working.. Tried changing the notes, etc. But a no-go.
    Was hoping someone had it working...

Anyway, you should grad Future Drummer... It's a beauty..

• edited May 2018

I’m not sure how that fixed it for him but when I use BM3 settings in Rozeta and have the notes mapped correctly and set up bank midi it Rozeta still only fires the selected pad. What am I missing?

Edit: Found the settings. thanks.