Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roli Block based sequencer “Sketch Block”

edited February 2018 in General App Discussion

Hey guys just wanted to stop by and drop a link to the new Roli Block based midi sequencer I’m working on. I plan on completing this project in the next few months. However I made this video now in order to demonstrate an example of a personal project to employers during my job search (as I just graduated college). Therefore I will only be able to work on this in my free time, so development will be rather slow. Let me know what you think!

Here’s the link:

Comments

• Great work man. I hope someone who makes great stuff is smart enough to scoop you up!

• Very cool.

Are you using Max? Littlefoot? Something else?

• edited February 2018

@nrgb This is all coded in little foot. Which hasn’t proven to be too horrible as it’s based on “C” minus practically every useful feature, like I don’t know ARRAYS!!! Even a lot of assembly laguages supports this (rant over)

@syrupcore Thanks, me too!

• edited February 2018

The idea behind it is to create an open iKaossilator or figure type midi keyboard that will play nicely with other apps.

The goal for future features are
    1. 16th note grid quantize support (need)
    2. Settings menus available on the block, eliminating the need for Roli dashboard
    3. Make part 5 into a euclidean drum sequencer of sorts
    4. Add a chord mode that respects music theory
    5. Add an arpeggiator
    6. Add Multi roli block support via snapping blocks together (one day very far off in the future if I’m very bored)

• Very cool project!

• Nice, Godspeed!

• Man, you should show this to Roli!

• @Michael_R_Grant I’ve considered it, however I probably won’t contact them untill it’s completely finished and I’m happy with it.