Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are you watching? Is it good?

Comments

• @tomato_juice said:

@oat_phipps said:
    I'm looking for a recommendation. I don't watch much TV or many movies. The only series I've watched in the past 5 years or so are Stranger Things (loved s1, merely liked s2) and Glow (loved s1 and s2...Marc Maron...who knew??!) Other favorite shows are Seinfeld, Cheers, Frasier, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and The Wire. So I obviously skew towards the comedic side of things, but when something as good as The Wire comes along, I pay attention.

Is there anything out there currently that approaches the quality of these shows? Appreciate any thoughts.

Have you seen Arrested Development?

Great in it's original form but I just couldn't get through the reboot.

If any of you liked Breaking Bad then you must try Better Call Saul. I actually think it's quality is on par with the show that spawned it, which is rare IMO.

• edited November 2018

@kinkujin said:

@tomato_juice said:

@oat_phipps said:
    I'm looking for a recommendation. I don't watch much TV or many movies. The only series I've watched in the past 5 years or so are Stranger Things (loved s1, merely liked s2) and Glow (loved s1 and s2...Marc Maron...who knew??!) Other favorite shows are Seinfeld, Cheers, Frasier, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and The Wire. So I obviously skew towards the comedic side of things, but when something as good as The Wire comes along, I pay attention.

Is there anything out there currently that approaches the quality of these shows? Appreciate any thoughts.

If any of you liked Breaking Bad then you must try Better Call Saul. I actually think it's quality is on par with the show that spawned it, which is rare IMO.

Better Call Saul just keeps getting better. They have a great podcast a few days after each episode with the Creators, Writers, Producers & Actors which is always interesting and fun.

I like to rewatch the episode they discuss to look out for the small things in each scenes they mention, just before watching the next episode. I had the same ritual with B.B. Love it! :)

• @SpookyZoo said:

@kinkujin said:

@tomato_juice said:

@oat_phipps said:

Better Call Saul just keeps getting better. They have a great podcast a few days after each episode with the Creators, Writers, Producers & Actors which is always interesting and fun.

I like to rewatch the episode they discuss to look out for the small things in each scenes they mention, just before watching the next episode. I had the same ritual with B.B. Love it! :)

I didn't know that! Thanks.

• @SpookyZoo

Thanks for the detailed recommendations. I will probably vet the choices and pick something from this list...

@tomato_juice

...if I don't just rewatch the first 3 seasons of Arrested Development. Can't believe I didn't include that and s2-9-ish of The Simpsons in my original list of holy grails. AD had THE best quick-hitting writing mixed with absurdity (my favorite thing, period).

• Recently finished an under the radar HBO show called "Succession" - about a rich family who own a giant media corporation. The story arc is somewhat Shakespearean. (somebody compared it to King Lear) It was very good, I turned several people on to it at work and they all enjoyed it. Starring Brian Cox as the dad - who's great. And Kieran Culkin is also superb. Didn't recognize the other cast members.

• @oat_phipps said:
    @SpookyZoo

Thanks for the detailed recommendations. I will probably vet the choices and pick something from this list...

@tomato_juice

...if I don't just rewatch the first 3 seasons of Arrested Development. Can't believe I didn't include that and s2-9-ish of The Simpsons in my original list of holy grails. AD had THE best quick-hitting writing mixed with absurdity (my favorite thing, period).

We all need belly laughs.

First 3 seasons for the win.

Will check out the Maron show. I listen to his podcast now and then - have been curious for a while.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Understandably we are sharing things that we liked and so the 'is it good?' is affirmative. I WAS watching an episode of a show yesterday (The Blacklist) which isn't good and perhaps that sort of reporting is as valuable, potentially saving brethren from similarly wasting periods of their life etc.

"Touch" - Kiefer Sutherland.

The most ridiculous "so bad it's funny" show I've ever seen. Long after realising it was bad, I'd have the show on in the background as I worked from home, just for laughs.

The main-support character was a child who could not communicate and the script suffered from the "Lassie effect" where the star works out, somehow, exactly what is trying to be communicated... but in just plain ridiculous fashion.

So bad it's almost brilliant!

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

@oat_phipps said:

If you have Amazon Prime, I recommend Patriot. Dark/Sad/Quirky humor done perfectly. Also, Jean-Claude Van Johnson is hilarious and just different enough to be outstanding.

• The Big Lez Show Series 4

• @wim said:

@oat_phipps said:

If you have Amazon Prime, I recommend Patriot. Dark/Sad/Quirky humor done perfectly. Also, Jean-Claude Van Johnson is hilarious and just different enough to be outstanding.

Thanks for the tip. Never even heard of it.....

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

Also on Amazon Prime Netflix is Norsemen, an utterly ridiculous sendup of Netflix’s Amazon Prime’s Vikings. Good for some off-color laughs.

[ edit ] strike that. Reverse it. Carry on.

• Binged Mr. Robot recently. Good synth sounds!

• @wim said:
    Also on Amazon Prime is Norsemen, an utterly ridiculous sendup of Netflix’s Vikings. Good for some off-color laughs.

If you've seen Vikings it's pretty damn hard not to laugh at some of the stuff they do. That time he built a tiny version of the amphitheater, oh my.

• Fleabag S2. Brilliant!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Wild Goose series - very good!

• Homecoming. - Julia Roberts
    After Life - Ricky Gervais

Enjoyed both of those.

• @SpookyZoo said

Saw that while on holiday a couple of weeks ago, really good.

• @MonzoPro said:

@SpookyZoo said

Yes. Very good. I understand he's very honestly a money hound, but I really wish he'd resist the temptation to make another series. One was/is perfect. But then I thought that about Homeland and folks have made billions from that since....

• American gods , really good... Old gods vs new gods fighting for worshippers...

Schitts creek was fkn hilarious minus a couple things that really were schitt...

Altered carbon gets a solid 10/10 and the music is so good..

Mr robot...wow loved it...new season soon can't wait.

• edited April 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@SpookyZoo said

Yes. Very good. I understand he's very honestly a money hound, but I really wish he'd resist the temptation to make another series. One was/is perfect. But then I thought that about Homeland and folks have made billions from that since....

I don't think he's ever made a 3rd series of anything he's done.

• The Office
    • Extras
    • Derek

Only ever had 2 seasons and maybe an Xmas special.

But yeah, I agree. I think this one can end at S1. Story nicely done and wrapped up.

• I'd obviously watch a S2 if it happened though. :)

• BenBen
    edited April 2019

Game of a Thrones is sort of ok. 😉
    No spoiler comments please.
    American Gods is very good.

• Black Summer on Netflix is really good, only 1 season, hopefully there'll be some more.

• BBC serie "The Brain" with David Eagleman .. amazing documentaries about how brain works

• @reasOne said:
    American gods , really good... Old gods vs new gods fighting for worshippers...

Schitts creek was fkn hilarious minus a couple things that really were schitt...

Altered carbon gets a solid 10/10 and the music is so good..

Mr robot...wow loved it...new season soon can't wait.

So can you explain what on earth is going on in Mr Robot then?

I enjoyed Hannah

• Mr Robot fans....

I enjoyed S1 of Mr Robot.

Not so much S2.

Did it improve for S3?

• The new doc series on Netflix called Street Food.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@SpookyZoo said

I thought there’d be more of a twist at the end, but very enjoyable nonetheless. Watched it over two nights, as the holiday place we stayed at had Netflix.

Back home now, so it’s Corrie, Eastenders and Eggheads.