Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are you watching? Is it good?

Comments

• Ozark [netflix] - such a great show

• edited February 2020

Finished Man In The High Castle on Amazon. Too bad the cancellation of the show forced the showrunners and crew to rush the ending like that. Still a great show, albeit with flawed ending.

Also finished the latest season of The Expanse. I saw criticism of Season 4 but I don't think it's worse/better than the previous seasons. Can't wait for the next season.

The Witcher on Netflix was better than what my friends reported. They're much pickier than me with fantasy adventure stuff. Henry Cavill is having a lot of fun with this show, more than when he played Superman. Never read the novels or played the same so I had no expectations other than a fun escapist fantasy-action show.

Started watching Defiance on Amazon.

• edited March 2020

Omniscient - Really enjoyed this 6 part Brazilian series. It's been described as a 'Brazilian Black Mirror', 'Sci-Fi Murder Mystery' amongst others and I guess those are good gauges. It's very easy to quickly believe in the world the show sets up, where civilians are monitored 24/7 by their own individual tiny drone. I also liked the few nods in tone and colour to the film Amelie. Worth checking out on Netflix.

Next up for me are...

Better Call Saul S5
    Curb your Enthusiasm S10
    Narcos:Mexico S2

• Giri/Haji on Netflix is really good.

• edited March 2020

BrainDead.

Not my usual box of bananas, but was far ahead of the polarized curve (and entertaining).

• Dave on FX is really good

• Had a friend rec Devs, but not seen it. Anyone?

• Watching a lot of Nina Hagen and Ute Lemper on YouTube.
    This one in particular... at about 7:43

• edited March 2020

@GovernorSilver said:

Started watching Defiance on Amazon.

Now I'm on Season 3. It's not as good at The Boys or The Expanse but I guess I'm hooked.

I stumbled upon Magical Circle Guru Guru while checking out the music of Technoboys Pulcraft Green-Fund, a fun synth-driven band. Really fun, and funny (imo) parody of Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy III, and other 80s JRPG games.

LOL at the boss monster who has to read his lines from a script book, and the insane young cleric

• Marathon of Mad Men. Never watched it before but my girlfriend wanted me to see it but it’s good and well written

• if I had to try to sell you on it... it’s kinda like if Larry David was 30, and set in the hip-hop, music production industry, while trying to make it. seriously though the dude can spit bars. (see end of episode 1) It’s hilarious and there’s a lot of music stuff in it too, him navigating the music industry, Marketing, making music, etc... He’s a comic. A satirical rapper. Really Good stuff.

• Airplane!

I’ve not seen it for 20 years and it’s making me laugh more than expected.

Other than that, a lot of old black and white comedies with snappy dialogue (Preston Sturges ftw), ‘The End of the F**king World’ Season 2 (almost passed me by, I’m glad it didn’t) and a friend has convinced me to give Schitt’s Creek a go, although I’m not completely sold on that one just yet (I do like Chris Elliott, though, and Catherine O’Hara).

It’s a good time for comedy, I’ll argue.

• The BBC has put the entire 10 series of SPOOKS on iPlayer! That's my isolation viewing sorted: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b006mf4b/spooks

• The new Star Wars show Picard. Definitely my favorite of all the series so far. There's a few times where things seem rushed, but overall I think it's had a lot of thought put into it.

• @colonel_mustard said:
    Airplane!

I watched ‘Top Secret’ a couple months ago. Oh lordy!

• edited March 2020

@Tarekith said:
    The new Star Wars show Picard.

• @AudioGus said:

@colonel_mustard said:
    Airplane!

Next up, ‘Hot Shots!’

Might balance it out with ‘Paris, Texas’ later in the week.

• @Paul16 said:

One of my all-time favorites! Featuring Danny Elfman as the devil, with a soundtrack by him & his brother Richard (it was Richard’s film) & their band, The Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo.

• @AudioGus said:

@colonel_mustard said:
    Airplane!

• Future Boy Conan, the first and only Hayao Miyazaki TV show is on YouTube in its entirety in great quality. Highly recommended.

• I watched "Timeless" on Netflix and liked it!

More early "The Boys" and the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." which are great.

@Tarekith said:
    The new Star Wars show Picard. Definitely my favorite of all the series so far. There's a few times where things seem rushed, but overall I think it's had a lot of thought put into it.

I'm sadly disappointed, and more than only a bit.

Let me explain:

There were several scenes that I loved, those that got deeper into some relationship, but it is on one side very rushed and on the other side stretched too much around unimportant stuff.

I see lots of bad writing and I partly was really sad about this, as this will most probably the last chance for a revival and a chance to see some of the characters again.

To be honest, while I still eagerly waited for each new episode, I had the opposite impression: The writing done with way to few thoughts about the story, the story arc, the character development, the apparent "need" to get this or that character into play and with too few thoughts about relationships between characters and their motivations.

In summary, it felt rushed to me.

The strength of The Next Generation was the ability to make the viewers think about certain topics, to get characters known in a more deep way and to trigger emotions - for me.

I got some emotions, but mostly from nostalgic reasons.

I still hope, that we get to see more!!!

• @raindro said:
    Future Boy Conan, the first and only Hayao Miyazaki TV show is on YouTube in its entirety in great quality. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the heads up! Never finished watching the show.

It's clearly referenced in Keep Your Hands of Eizouken! here:

• i fancied a bit of dystopian social collapse, can’t think why 🤭
    maybe not his best, but as with all of Wheatley’s films it has numerous interesting aspects throughout

• It is glorious!

• @raindro said:
    Future Boy Conan, the first and only Hayao Miyazaki TV show is on YouTube in its entirety in great quality. Highly recommended.

sounds great. I'm gonna try it.

BTW currently watching Disenchanment.

• edited April 2020

@god said:

@raindro said:

sounds great. I'm gonna try it.

BTW currently watching Disenchanment.

Oh yeah! One of my favorite shows ever. (Conan)