Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning Tip

When you save a kit in Patterning- the mutes you have at the time are also saved. So you can make several copies of the kit with different mute settings- and the occasional shortened or even different drums. Keep the same photo.
Then when you are playing a pattern- put on the drum kit page and play about quickly with different mute settings just by a single tap on a different (but the same) kit.

Comments

• I read that as Parenting Tip at first. Slightly let down.

• @ipadthai said:
    I read that as Parenting Tip at first. Slightly let down.

I could do with some parenting presets...

• .> @ipadthai said:

Mainly it’s all about
    1) No mixed messages from the parents- discuss any disagreements away from them.
    2) Be consistent- any fair warnings of cocequences made that are contingent on the child’s behaviour must be carried out.
    3) Never shout, lose your temper or hit.
    4) Don’t criticise the child only their behaviour as in- ‘you are badly behaved’ better to be ‘what you did was bad behaviour’
    Follow these tips and you should be fine.
    I hope this makes up in some way for your earlier disappointment :)

• This recently shared is obvious once you've been told:

Do not punish the behaviour you want to see.

I mean, it seems pretty obvious when you put it like that, right?

But how many families, when an introvert sibling or child makes an effort to socialize, snarkily say, “So, you’ve decided to join us”?

Or when someone does something they’ve had trouble doing, say, “Why can’t you do that all the time?”

Or any sentence containing the word “finally”.

If someone makes a step, a small step, in a direction you want to encourage, encourage it. Don’t complain about how it’s not enough. Don’t bring up previous stuff. Encourage it.

Because I swear to fucking god there is nothing more soul-killing, more motivation-crushing, than struggling to succeed and finding out that success and failure are both punished.

• @robosardine said:
    .> @ipadthai said:

Mainly it’s all about
    1) No mixed messages from the parents- discuss any disagreements away from them.
    2) Be consistent- any fair warnings of cocequences made that are contingent on the child’s behaviour must be carried out.
    3) Never shout, lose your temper or hit.
    4) Don’t criticise the child only their behaviour as in- ‘you are badly behaved’ better to be ‘what you did was bad behaviour’
    Follow these tips and you should be fine.
    I hope this makes up in some way for your earlier disappointment :)

Gold. Tough to follow.

• @ipadthai you've officially derailed this thread.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    This recently shared is obvious once you've been told:

Do not punish the behaviour you want to see.

I mean, it seems pretty obvious when you put it like that, right?

But how many families, when an introvert sibling or child makes an effort to socialize, snarkily say, “So, you’ve decided to join us”?

Or when someone does something they’ve had trouble doing, say, “Why can’t you do that all the time?”

Or any sentence containing the word “finally”.

If someone makes a step, a small step, in a direction you want to encourage, encourage it. Don’t complain about how it’s not enough. Don’t bring up previous stuff. Encourage it.

Because I swear to fucking god there is nothing more soul-killing, more motivation-crushing, than struggling to succeed and finding out that success and failure are both punished.

thank you, I'm holding on to this one.

• @robosardine said:
    When you save a kit in Patterning- the mutes you have at the time are also saved. So you can make several copies of the kit with different mute settings- and the occasional shortened or even different drums. Keep the same photo.
    Then when you are playing a pattern- put on the drum kit page and play about quickly with different mute settings just by a single tap on a different (but the same) kit.

great tip, funnily enough I was just going to post in the other thread not the same tip, but about how valuable Patterning seamless kit switching is, it's so wonderful for coming up with transitions and such and I've never known if Ben just made it that naturally or if it was a deliberate consideration on his part. I want to make sure that the next version has this same capability as it's so important.