Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GeekGo MicroSD and SD Card Reader for iOS

2»

Comments

• edited February 2018

FYI: As a side note... I've also got the RavPower wifi hub that doubles as an SD card reader, USB flash drive and solid state driver reader, as well as a portable backup battery.

Since the RavPower is SMB compliant, it can be accessed from within Lumafusion for import/export of video files and archives too.

With this GeekGo plugged into the iPad Pro or iPhone and the USB end plugged into the RavPower, I can now transfer SD card files via the GeekGo, but ALSO have it hooked up to the RavPower wifi hub and transferring a second SD card's files wirelessly to the iPad/iPhone at the same time, while the RavPower is ALSO charging the iPad. Pretty sweet actually. Sometimes, if I've got a lot of files to transfer while traveling, I'll have to transfer audio and photo/video cards separately. With this set up and can transfer data from two different devices I've used during the day and just leave it while I'm also charging up the iPad/iPhone.

I think I learned of the RavPower on this forum and have been using it for nearly 2 years now. Solid, well built, decent price, and still functioning perfectly.

https://www.ravpower.com/rp-wd03-filehub-6000mah-power-bank-portable-wireless-router.html

• edited February 2018

So mine came in today and I used it for all of about 5 minutes and realized that this has changed everything.

Thanks @gmslayton - I'll be ordering a new micro SD card shortly. It is clear to me now that I owe you many beers next time you're in the neighborhood.

• @skiphunt said:

@LeonLeroy said:
    does it work with UHS-II cards?

Just tried a Transcend R95-W60MB/sec 64GB SD XC I - U3 with a high res RAW photo and a 4K video clip. Worked perfectly and very fast.

Thank you!

• @LeonLeroy said:

@skiphunt said:

@LeonLeroy said:
    does it work with UHS-II cards?

Just tried a Transcend R95-W60MB/sec 64GB SD XC I - U3 with a high res RAW photo and a 4K video clip. Worked perfectly and very fast.

Thank you!

You’re welcome! I wanted to confirm for myself as well. :)

I was skeptical at first, due to the low cost, but although I’ve only had it less than a week and can’t verify longevity... it appears to be a great find. :)

• @dvlmusic Glad its workout out for you. I need to order me a microSD card to have in it at all times.

I tested out something with it yesterday. I am trying to be more active on social media, testing out a few things marketing wise.

I recorded a short screen recording of BM3 on my iPad and wanted to put it on Instagram. I recorded with the built in screen recorder, trimmed the ends. Copied it to an SD card using the GeekGo. Got in my car to get in line to pick up my kids from school. While I was in line, I connected the GeekGo to my Phone and was able to quickly copy the video to my camera roll. From there it was easy to upload to instagram or whatever social media platform.

What would have taken a little bit longer, since my iPad is Wifi only, and I don't want to put anything like facebook or instagram on my iPad to take up precious space. My iPad is also only 16gb. This setup worked great, especially if you are out and about.

• @gmslayton impressive that you're able to manage with only 16GB! I was struggling with 64GB before upgrading to 256.

The speed of the cards in the GeekGo seem to make a huge difference. This is the next SD card I'll likely buy. I tend to go for the microSD so I can use it in either microSD devices OR regular SD devices with the adaptor.

This one is frequently recommended and and rated highly:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XWZWYVP/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3558O29WJPHYM&colid=3VFSSHTJD24WF&psc=1

• @skiphunt I have only been able to manage because I use my iPad mostly as a Synth, looper or Midi Controller for my Mac. I keep very little samples on it. I am constantly deleting and reinstalling apps. I treat it as volatile. If I didnt have my MacBook then I would have to upgrade my iPad a lot sooner. Hopefully with the GeekGo and buying a nice big microSD, I will be able to extend the life of my iPad. Although the Air 1 is really starting to show its age.

• I am stoked for this thing.i am constantly bitching about the iPad not having a sd card slot. Might have to invest in one of these very very soon <3

• Has anyone tried using the USB-C plug on these units with the new iPads?

• @rossi123 said:

@skiphunt said:

@gmslayton said:
    @skiphunt do you want to just preview the file inside the app or copy to another app for processing? Even if GeekGo can't preview the file, it can open-in pretty much any file as long as you have the appropriate app on your phone or iPad.

I just tested this with a RAW file take with my Lumix G7. I was able to open in directly into Lightroom on my iPad using the GeekGo App.

I think it’s only transferring the jpeg version. Not RAW (though I’d love to be proven wrong) The sellers of GeekGo readers say it doesn’t support raw in the Amazon user questions section. Though, I’m not sure why.

Do you have Affinity Photo for iPad? If so, after you transfer or open in, it should default to the RAW version if it’s supported.

Also, have you transferred 4K video over and confirmed it’s still 4K?

So far, the only ways I’ve seen that support RAW photo are the readers that work just like the App.e reader, ie. they only transfer photo/video into the camera roll. But those don’t support audio.

I’ve also got wireless card readers (AirStash and RavPower) and those support RAW and 4K (as well as all audio), but transfer over WiFi can be kinda slow.

i agreed with you in what you said about transferring the jpeg version
    and thanks for all explications

By the way, this does indeed support RAW files. You only see the previews of the jpeg, but you can select the raw file and open-in Affinity photo. Works well and fast too. The key is making sure you grant the iUSB Pro app permission to access the camera roll.