Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT - Incredible deal from Spitfire Labs

Spitfire Labs is closing down, before they relaunch.
For those that don't know, Spitfire Audio is one of the best (and most expensive) creators of music libraries for Kontakt, best known for their Albion series.

Their lab products are simple but amazing instruments that they practically give away to raise money for charity. They go for $3 each. Many of them have been used in movies and other recordings, particularly "soft piano."

Anyway, they are offering a special package of 10 of their best for five bucks!

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a-z/labs/

I would be more excited about this if I didn't already own most of them. They're all good, but "scary strings" is amazing.

The only issue, and it's a big one, is that you need Full Kontakt to play them.

Comments

• Oh that's a shame. I just bought Maschine MK3 and only have the basic KOMPLETE 11 SELECT. I'm pleased to see that the Korg Gadget Plugin collection has installed though. Might this be why some of my plugins aren't showing up (Arturia Analog Lab for Example), because some require Kontakt full?

• That is a good value for sure. Blows the Gadget IAP far away for even less.
    I see a lot of these crazy sales here and there. Strange times when iOS is the more expensive thing :o

• How much is the full Kontakt to play these?

• @gusgranite said:
    How much is the full Kontakt to play these?

Normally €399 but i also got the full Kontakt for €124,50 (which comes with tons and GB of stuff too..... i didn´t even downloaded yet). There are some third party libraries which let you crossgrade for €249 (even a free one if i remember). Then there is at least 1 time a year N.I. half off sales for upgrades/crossgrades.
    This way i got to Komplete 11 for less than the price of Kontakt 5 alone :)
    Timing and products you might already have are the way to go here.
    Like the free Christmas gifts. Now i could save €20 for the new MOD-Pack.

• nice one, thx, Reid

• @Oblique said:
    Oh that's a shame. I just bought Maschine MK3 and only have the basic KOMPLETE 11 SELECT. I'm pleased to see that the Korg Gadget Plugin collection has installed though. Might this be why some of my plugins aren't showing up (Arturia Analog Lab for Example), because some require Kontakt full?

All the Arturia V collection instruments show up in Komplete Kontrol except for Analog Lab. To see that, you have to
    use the little arrow next to the magnifying glass and select plugins from the drop-down menu. You can actually find most of your non-NKS instruments in the drop-down menu and play them through Komplete Kontrol with your Maschine.

• Will the servers be going down? I'm guessing this is a lot of MGs and I wouldn't want to download them all at once.

• @Reid said:

I would be more excited about this if I didn't already own most of them. They're all good, but "scary strings" is amazing.

The only issue, and it's a big one, is that you need Full Kontakt to play them.

Thanks for the info on this deal, Reid. Don't hesitate to buy the special package even if you already own some of them because the checkout calculated what I already owned and adjusted the amount accordingly. It's a great deal and I didn't mind paying again but it was a nice surprise that I wasn't charged for the ones I already have.

• Good deal.

• @Reid said:

@Oblique said:
    Oh that's a shame. I just bought Maschine MK3 and only have the basic KOMPLETE 11 SELECT. I'm pleased to see that the Korg Gadget Plugin collection has installed though. Might this be why some of my plugins aren't showing up (Arturia Analog Lab for Example), because some require Kontakt full?

All the Arturia V collection instruments show up in Komplete Kontrol except for Analog Lab. To see that, you have to
    use the little arrow next to the magnifying glass and select plugins from the drop-down menu. You can actually find most of your non-NKS instruments in the drop-down menu and play them through Komplete Kontrol with your Maschine.

Awesome thanks man. Spent a few hours with Maschine last night and made a little headway. Was still struggling to find most of my plugins so this should help

• I already purchased six of these. So you know what Spitfire did? They reduced my price to $2! And they only sent me the four I don't have already. Very nice to save me the download, and also it looks so neat and tidy with my other Spitfire purchases.

They are an amazing company. I wonder what they will do with version 2 of the labs. I highly recommend them. They aren't demo'd on the site but you can find some stuff on them on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=spitfire+labs

Here is a piece with just the Soft Piano and Scary Strings. As you can see, the strings aren't just scary, they can be beautiful. They are very long recordings of a small group of string players. These samples go on and on and on and on, slightly changing, without looping.

• Thank you for posting. Great stuff in here.