Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Two of the three are right my alley. Love any type of orch instruments

• edited February 2018

Picking my jaw up off the floor. I haven’t even heard it yet, but I think we are about to crown a new best Rhodes on iOS.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Picking my jaw up off the floor. I have even heard it yet, but I think we are about to crown a new best Rhodes on iOS.

NeoSoul Keys is pretty hard to beat!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Lady_App_titude said:
    Picking my jaw up off the floor. I have even heard it yet, but I think we are about to crown a new best Rhodes on iOS.

NeoSoul Keys is pretty hard to beat!

I agree with both. I'm conflicted.

• Wow Scarbee on iOS !

• still no proper support for iaa midi, a pity

• I'm going to have to delete Sampletank to make room for these. :'(

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    I'm going to have to delete Sampletank to make room for these. :'(

I love sample tank but it’s falling behind for me unfortunately only way I can save it if it goes au since it’s a stand alone app

• After listening to Glasgow the samples sound all the same in a lot of ways. Really no creativity went into it i think.

• Wow, i guess this is the first notable release of the year...almost made it a month.

I’ll stick to neo-soul though, and I prefer to make my own synth sounds

• I’m only investing my money in the future, and the future is AU. I love korg and I love gadget, I’m not spending a dime on anything unless it’s AU compatible.

• Is KORG going to make these available as AU Instruments like on desktop?

• edited February 2018

I’ll be getting the Scarbee later on. Not sure about Dream Synths as I can make those timbres in Milpitas. However, I’m in the middle of making orchestral trance, and that requires a good-sounding orchestra. SO what do I think of the orchestra pack?

The not-so-good - It needs some brass and woodwind patches.

The good - Great-sounding string patches (including ones that do have blended-in brass), that solo cello is gorgeous (no doubt put there in case people want to recreate the theme to Game of Thrones), and the organs and choirs and harps sound stellar. However...

What makes the IAP worth it? - That f-cking incredible drum patch. They weren’t sh-tting when they called the patch “Epic Drums”. This is the type of Hans Zimmer-esque drums I’ve looked for and are worth the $9.99 alone, so thank the santa-christ Korg wised up and FINALLY released this IAP. :lol:

• @jwmmakerofmusic please share the results here when you're finished :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I’ll be getting the Scarbee later on. Not sure about Dream Synths as I can make those timbres in Milpitas. However, I’m in the middle of making orchestral trance, and that requires a good-sounding orchestra. SO what do I think of the orchestra pack?

The not-so-good - It needs some brass and woodwind patches.

The good - Great-sounding string patches (including ones that do have blended-in brass), that solo cello is gorgeous (no doubt put there in case people want to recreate the theme to Game of Thrones), and the organs and choirs and harps sound stellar. However...

What makes the IAP worth it? - That f-cking incredible drum patch. They weren’t sh-tting when they called the patch “Epic Drums”. This is the type of Hans Zimmer-esque drums I’ve looked for and are worth the $9.99 alone, so thank the santa-christ Korg wised up and FINALLY released this IAP. :lol:

Just came by for a little distraction between intense grown up work (boooo) and you cost me time AND money.

Well done sir!

• Hmmm. So the Gadget update says it supports the new Expansion sound libraries of Module...

• edited February 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Hmmm. So the Gadget update says it supports the new Expansion sound libraries of Module...

Nothing special. Usually if one of the addons updates, Gadget follows suit. However with every update you might get some minor optimisations.

• Can't wait for Doug's preset surfing video about it!

• Does anyone know which gadgets the two KAPro packs appear in?

I assume it’s Glasgow, I just hate its preset selector, due to the lack of pop-up menu.

• @Peter321 said:
    Does anyone know which gadgets the two KAPro packs appear in?

I assume it’s Glasgow, I just hate its preset selector, due to the lack of pop-up menu.

Yep Glasgow - some very nice sounds in there.

• Makes me kinda wish even more that all the Korg stuff was AUv3 enabled already...

• mh ... you still have to use iTunes to get a pdf into the set list :neutral:

• Other Module IAPs are on sale as well, 50% off I think.

• yep, 50% off. looks like sale is on till February 15

• Yeah. Are 80's electric piano are good?

• @Trueyorky said:

@Peter321 said:
    Does anyone know which gadgets the two KAPro packs appear in?

Yep Glasgow - some very nice sounds in there.

Thanks, just an annoying interface for selecting the sound :neutral:

I bought the Orchestral bank while on sale, on the fence about the synth one. The demo is rather boring, and I have ALL other Gadget synths. Don't need the EP even though I'm a Gadget completionist ;)

• Anyone know if they are available on Mac version of Gadget?

• Anybody else click on the PLAY button more than 3 times before realising the link was a jpeg? ;)

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Anybody else click on the PLAY button more than 3 times before realising the link was a jpeg? ;)

Haha. Just once...

• @Samu said:
    Makes me kinda wish even more that all the Korg stuff was AUv3 enabled already...

I heard in passing that they are having a lot of trouble with it.