Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM- is it possible to sync the start of each channel?

I have only just discovered that AUM will record separate channels in Audioshare at the same time- which is marvellous indeed- I usually use Audiobus - and I am still using 2.
1) Is it possible to synchronise the start of say- iKaossilator, Figure, DM1 and Grooverider. Or do I have to go in and out of each one to get them started when using AUM?
2) Can audiobus 3 record in separate channels in Audioshare. Also can the start of several sequencers be synced in Audiobus?
Thanks

Comments

• The apps you are using need to support IAA sync, and set to use that sync method. Then they will be controlled by AUM’s transport and tempo. Link is supposed to do transport control in the next version, but it just syncs tempo for now.
    You could try the old Midi clock sync for transport control, but supposedly that method is somewhat unreliable. I have used it successfully before though.

• For 2), yes. I believe AB2 could as well though. If you create your 3 AB lanes and set AUM as the output, they should appear individually there. When you record, they'll be discreet recordings. The advantage to including AB in your situation could be the sidebar to get things started without having to dip into 4 apps or whatever.

• OK- thanks very much for the replies. I'm much more comfortable with the whole thing now. Cheers :)