Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

hot fix is live: Stroke Machine update, 1/31/18 (crash-free Air 2)

Fixed iPad Pro graphic issue, updated AudioCopy and Audiobus SDKs

Except crashes on opening, including after reinstall. (Air 2 current iOS)

Probably cool on the Pros now though

Edit 1/31/18, looking good...

Comments

• edited January 2018

Whoa! Stroke Machine IAA finally clock start/stop/syncs with BeatMaker 2!

• @philowerx said:

Funny

• Awesumm. My bandmate just purchased it on his new iPad 5. Hoping to program some unique and dynamic sounds for live triggering with the electric drum kit. The built-in kits seem a little flat sounding, considering all the modulation options. Though I think it just takes some finesse to bring out the magic.

• edited January 2018

Instacrash for me on 10.5" Pro. Was looking forward to using this again. I'm going to try reinstalling...

edit reinstalling didn't help. Crashes to home screen on launch.

• Instacrash as well - iPad Pro 9.7”

• Same on pro 2015

• I wrote Mr Franke about the crash on Air 2,
    Y’all may want to do the same re the Pros
    (I used the link from the AppStore listing)

• Deleted - reinstalled. Hard reboot of the iPad, still Instacrash.

Off to the AppStore to write Mr. Franke a lil message!

• I’m such a hypocrite. I get so annoyed with everyone moaning about the look of Quantum and always start lecturing about how it doesn’t matter, but then I look at stroke machine and I’m like.... nope.

Glad to finally have a reason that isn’t superficial. :D

• Ooooops, updated before I saw this. Yup crashes on iPad Pro gen 1

• Thanks for the warning.

• I alerted the dev as well. Looking forward to the update for this great drumsynth.

• Fyi got an answer from Wolfram saying it was a last minute error on his behalf, update is on its way. For interested people, Stroke machine is the best supported drumsynthesis app on ios. I can only advise you to try it out.

• I never understand how this kind of thing happens. Surely you should CHECK that your app works before sending the update to Apple.

• I think it’s understandable. I’m not affiliated to the dev btw, just grateful for an update of this wonderful app.

• @Littlewoodg said:

Stroke Machine

What the fuck!

OMG

What next Alchemy! LOL

I know the original Sychte is due for an update if I remember what he told me.

This is fun these surprises.

Much more so then new app hype and let downs.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Stroke Machine

What the fuck!

OMG

What next Alchemy! LOL

Yep the updates pop in strange cycles, Meteor too of all things

• @Littlewoodg said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Stroke Machine

What the fuck!

OMG

What next Alchemy! LOL

Yep the updates pop in strange cycles, Meteor too of all things

It is kind of funny Greg, the more new apps come out, the more I realize I just am sticking with the older ones that have FAITHFULLY CORRECTLY OPERATED and PERFORMED AS THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO.

The new fad app or ideas of apps are proving to be just that. I am so skeptical anymore with the lost time and money of new apps the last year, I have PTSD............LOL

PTSD
    (Play Try Synth Disappoint)

The apps that made iOS music on day 1 are still lately all I return to.

Thor.
    Animoog.
    Sunrizer.
    Stroke Machine
    Cubasis

I would love to see an update for my old favorite of the "groove" apps .....

Zillidrone!

I also am actually itching to get into FL and try that out after all your praise these years.

I will have a gratis for you in the near future by the way........

• @Littlewoodg said:

@philowerx said:

Funny

But true!

• @philowerx said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@philowerx said:

Funny

But true!

The best kind of funny :)

• So im itching to buy something tonight. Is this a no go still for an iPad 10.5” on the latest OS?

• @oat_phipps said:
    So im itching to buy something tonight. Is this a no go still for an iPad 10.5” on the latest OS?

The fix hasn’t dropped yet for 10.5 and the rest

• @oat_phipps said:
    So im itching to buy something tonight. Is this a no go still for an iPad 10.5” on the latest OS?

Still no hot fix, I’m afraid.

• edited January 2018

@oat_phipps said:

Bump, fix is live, looks good on Air 2

• Fixed on iPad Pro 9.7 and sounding good. I’m rediscovering a lot of old apps today, first Waldorf Attack and now this. Makes up for a skin and bones NAMM (almost). Attack needs a modernising update now, though.

• @Beathoven said:
    Fixed on iPad Pro 9.7 and sounding good. I’m rediscovering a lot of old apps today, first Waldorf Attack and now this. Makes up for a skin and bones NAMM (almost). Attack needs a modernising update now, though.

Great. Not tooting my own horn, but I think my recent interest in finding a deeply programmable drum synth and commenting on it in several threads may have (re)sparked several people’s interest in these apps.

We decided on Stroke Machine to attempt to take the place of our Nord Drum. I will report back with our findings - it’s sound, responsiveness to live playing, and programmability.

• Great, thanks to the dev for the update. I really like this GUI, functional (fast and well thought out touchscreen workflow) and funky at once. If Waldorf attack would ever get an update it would be another great addition for drum synthesists, but for the moment Stroke Machine is the goto app for me. Anyone has any info btw on Waldorf’s plans? Except creating giant (perhaps soon to be obscure?) do it all synths ;)

• @soundshaper said:

@Beathoven said:
    Fixed on iPad Pro 9.7 and sounding good. I’m rediscovering a lot of old apps today, first Waldorf Attack and now this. Makes up for a skin and bones NAMM (almost). Attack needs a modernising update now, though.

Great. Not tooting my own horn, but I think my recent interest in finding a deeply programmable drum synth and commenting on it in several threads may have (re)sparked several people’s interest in these apps.

We decided on Stroke Machine to attempt to take the place of our Nord Drum. I will report back with our findings - it’s sound, responsiveness to live playing, and programmability.

Great! I’d be very interested in what you learn and look forward to hearing your findings.

• All good on 10.5 Pro now. Good stuff!

• edited January 2018

@charleso said:
    Great, thanks to the dev for the update. I really like this GUI, functional (fast and well thought out touchscreen workflow) and funky at once. If Waldorf attack would ever get an update it would be another great addition for drum synthesists, but for the moment Stroke Machine is the goto app for me. Anyone has any info btw on Waldorf’s plans? Except creating giant (perhaps soon to be obscure?) do it all synths ;)

In a sense Stroke Machine is the Attack update, Franke did the Attack VST, and kept going on his own to make Stroke Machine...not sure if Attack iOS is still active under Waldorf

@soundshaper
    Glad you shook the tree on this one, brought some of us Stroke Machine lovers out of the woodwork, and brought some new people to the app. Funny that the update dropped right then too-