Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Meteor (4Pockets/Limelight DAW) updated 1/29/18

Coincidentally I was about to start a thread singing the praises of the stalwart and perennial Meteor (perennial at least to the extent that it predates iOS)

(I reloaded Meteor after reading a thread here about Aurora- which I reloaded first, which reminded me of Synergy and Meteor...)

Aside from full features, stability, one very cool thing is it’s synergy with 4 Pockets Synergy- sketch in the Synergy matrix sequencer and ship your multi-track stems directly into Meteors trad track setup

Great to see that Meteor lives on-

This has lately become my go to DAW and workflow, when I’m not using FLSM

Comments

• Yep!.... 4poccket made very good apps. Very underrated.I think it got overshadowed by the Big Boy DAWS?...... Cubasis/Auria. I'm glad they are still updating it(maybe new features like adding Link?) :)

• @studs1966 said:
    Yep!.... 4poccket made very good apps. Very underrated.I think it got overshadowed by the Big Boy DAWS?...... Cubasis/Auria. I'm glad they are still updating it(maybe new features like adding Link?) :)

Link and AUv3...maybe if we triangulate on the dev, he’s been responsive over the years to emails...

• 4 Pockets is a cool dev, pretty amazing products. Still use Aurora on my phone.

• edited January 2018

They just released an update to StompBox too.

Edit. But it doesn’t seem to work on AB3 on my !st gen maxi pad

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Littlewoodg said:

@studs1966 said:
    Yep!.... 4poccket made very good apps. Very underrated.I think it got overshadowed by the Big Boy DAWS?...... Cubasis/Auria. I'm glad they are still updating it(maybe new features like adding Link?) :)

Link and AUv3...maybe if we triangulate on the dev, he’s been responsive over the years to emails...

Sounds like a plan. ;)

• So how does link even work on a DAW?

There I am (hypothetically) recording my guitar playing along to a drumbeat when someone else suddenly changes the link tempo.

What does my guitar sound like when I play it back ?

• @BiancaNeve said:
    So how does link even work on a DAW?

There I am (hypothetically) recording my guitar playing along to a drumbeat when someone else suddenly changes the link tempo.

What does my guitar sound like when I play it back ?

To be honest, no idea. BM2 has it, anyone ever try the above?

• edited January 2018

@d4d0ug said:
    I see the words 'sidechain' on the compressor effect...

interesting. do you know if it can do multiple IAA inputs (so i could connect multiple channels from AUM) ?

It does support multi IAA in and multichannel record
    Haven’t tested with AUM

(Have tested multi channel in with AB3 with success)

• Prompted by another thread here that mentioned Meteor, I invested in a few of its iaps and Synergy Studio by 4pockets. The two apps work together brilliantly, I must say, using multitrack pasteboard to take tracks out of Synergy into Meteor. No audiounits, of course but Meteor seems to handle iaa generators as audio tracks very well. It’s not the most modern, but the two apps work together to give a very satisfying old school experience.

• @purpan2

Synergy + Meteor = fun