Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Lady App-Trak: Alnilam (Orion's Belt)! [Korg Gadget + Guitar]

Comments

• Very cool. Laid back, but still shredding. Did you use any of Gadget’s guitar processing on this?

• Amazing Lady, please tell me that everything has been done on ios (except the guitar ;o)

• @cuscolima said:
    Amazing Lady, please tell me that everything has been done on ios (except the guitar ;o)

Thanks so much, @cuscolima!

Everything is Korg Gadget, except the guitar ... Darwin, Bilbao, Madrid (for bass), and a little tiny bit of Wolfsburg.

• Oh, and I used my iPad to google the names of the stars in Orion's belt! (iOS). :p

• Excellent, really good!

• That was wonderful! Thank you!

• Very nice. Like bit of Steely Dan in there.

• You got me into the research mood so now I know that Alnilam is at least 275,000 times brighter than our puny little neighboring sun. I don't really know what to make of that.

It's also worth noting that Earth is more than 50,000,000 miles away from where we were in the universe this time yesterday. I don't know what to make out of that fact either.

I like your song, so thanks for it. It's way easier to relate to than the universe.

• @Lady_App_titude, do you know who the guitarist is? It sounds a little like Wes Montgomery.

• edited January 2018

@bsantoro said:
    @Lady_App_titude, do you know who the guitarist is? It sounds a little like Wes Montgomery.

Yes @bsantoro, I definitely had Wes in mind this time, the octave thing.... my feeble attempt at a fraction of his glory.

• Very sexy. I was imagining Sade singing over this.

• @CracklePot said:
    Very cool. Laid back, but still shredding. Did you use any of Gadget’s guitar processing on this?

No, the guitar was recorded through a Brainworx bx amp simulator plugin (which I got insanely cheap on Black Friday, and it’s fast becoming one of fav guitar plugins). I started with the “Clean Jazz” setting and tweaked from there.

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    Very sexy. I was imagining Sade singing over this.

Oh my! Wouldn’t THAT be awesome!

Back in the 80s I had a pop duo with a male singer who could summon a kinda Sadeish tone sometimes. Here’s an old 4-track cassette demo from those days.

• @Kitusai said:
    Bravo !

Thx, Kitusai!

• Excellent enjoyed both songs.

• @rickwaugh said:
    Very nice. Like bit of Steely Dan in there.

Gulp. Wow. Thanks, @rickwaugh!

• @theconnactic said:
    Excellent, really good!

Thank so much, @theconnactic!

• edited January 2018

Very good, enjoyed the guitar playing especially the little segue around 1:06-1:13

• Dope track! I like the astronomical theme hitting the AB forum right now.

• What a great track! Love that cool jazz guitar and chilled out Gadget backing! :)

• edited January 2018

Cool as a warm summer breeze, m’lady. Did you play a real world guitar on this? As someone else said, it does bring to mind Sade. The first track, Alnilam Orion’s Belt, not the one with the singer. The only thing missing is lyrics.

If you’d be into the idea of a one-off collaboration with Repulse the Monkey, at some future point, words could flow.

Zero offence taken if you just prefer to keep doing your own, excellent, thing. :)

• I stand corrected on previous statements about Gadget tracks sounding like Gadget....proof that it's what you do with the tools not the tools themselves that count. Nice stuff !!

• @AndyPlankton said:
    I stand corrected on previous statements about Gadget tracks sounding like Gadget....proof that it's what you do with the tools not the tools themselves that count. Nice stuff !!

>

As the Fun Boy Three sang;

“It ain’t what you do it’s the way that you do it.”

Cue - Ramabanana

“And that’s what get’s results.”

• lovely stuff, really like this. A bit George Bensonish in the solo, too. Great to hear different genres in ios.

• Hot Damn! Way to go Lady A, this is grrrrrrreat!

• edited January 2018

@Janie said:
    You got me into the research mood so now I know that Alnilam is at least 275,000 times brighter than our puny little neighboring sun. I don't really know what to make of that.

It's also worth noting that Earth is more than 50,000,000 miles away from where we were in the universe this time yesterday. I don't know what to make out of that fact either.

I like your song, so thanks for it. It's way easier to relate to than the universe.

Ha! Thx, @Janie!

Orion is most visible in Northern hemispheres this time of year, and I have long gazed at it like an old winter friend, year after year. Like most people, I only knew the two most famous stars, Rigel (the brightest) and of course the renowned red giant Betelgeuse, so I figured it was high time I learned about the three belt stars.

The names, it turns out, all come from Arabic astronomy, and the middle and brightest is the blue giant, Alnilam. “Nilam” apparently means “sapphire”, so now when I look up I basically see it as “The Sapphire.”

Interesting, I just remembered I used to work with a woman from India named Neelam, and I learned from her that her name comes from “neela” a color blue in Hindi. “Nilam” and “Neelam” seem like obviously cognates. So now I can look up and think of sapphires and my long lost friend, Neelam. Cool!

Anyway, that’s one way to come up with a name for an instrumental. :*

• @oat_phipps said:
    Very good, enjoyed the guitar playing especially the little segue around 1:06-1:13

Thanks, @oat! That was a tricky transition. The song is basically just two chords, but it took a while to work out a smooth transition back.

• @sbcfx said:
    That was wonderful! Thank you!

Thanks so much, @sbcfx !

• Loved it, @Lady_App_titude You're a really good guitarist. What kind of guitar did you play on this?